Disney Springs Reopening Updates

Morimoto opening the 22

We look forward to welcoming back our guests on Friday May 22nd.

Street Food will be open at 11:30 a.m. and our dining room will open from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

To enhance health and safety measures, guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times except while eating and drinking.

Ensuring current social distancing procedures are upheld via the redesign of table layouts for seating guests as directed by local and state regulators and in compliance with the CDC.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/MorimotoAsiaFla/posts/2891047784354601&width=500" width="500" height="446" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Thanks!
Added this to the first post plus Pizza Ponte and Vivoli Il Gelato opening on the same day.

But the letter from the Union said the recall to work would begin on May 24 meaning that would be the first day of work for these CMs. It seems unlikely that they will show up and just open everything up on their first day back at work.
That makes sense. Sorry. I responded before I realized that.

Insider on another board is saying the recall is May 24 with the plan to actually re-open on May 25. I added it to the first post but it is not official word from Disney (on the opening, we know the recall is confirmed).

Insider on another board is saying the recall is May 24 with the plan to actually re-open on May 25. I added it to the first post but it is not official word from Disney (on the opening, we know the recall is confirmed).
If true that’s about to throw some water on those who claim Disney can’t reopen the parks without at least multiple weeks of training.

If true that’s about to throw some water on those who claim Disney can’t reopen the parks without at least multiple weeks of training.
I think that depends. I never thought it would require multiple weeks, but at least more than a day. Running attractions, crowd control and other matters are different than operating a restaurant or shop.

Does anyone think it’s odd that we’re only hearing about the restaurants for May 20th? What about the shops—Sugarboo, UNIQLO, Levi’s, Lego, Spice and Tea Exchange, etc.?

Does anyone think it’s odd that we’re only hearing about the restaurants for May 20th? What about the shops—Sugarboo, UNIQLO, Levi’s, Lego, Spice and Tea Exchange, etc.?
Has anyone called those stores to ask when they're opening? I think we hear about the restaurants because you have to make reservations and the system is up for that. The stores you don't need to. I know the art Corner is reopening because a friend of my soon to be DiL works there

Here are the FAQ for DS reopening

When will the rest of Disney Springs reopen?

Following the guidance of government and health officials, a number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase beginning May 20. We will share more information on additional openings at Disney Springs via this website as details are available.

Which shops and restaurants are open?
View the Disney Springs map for the most up-to-date information on location operations at Disney Springs.

Are you opening any of the bars?
At this time, following the guidance of government and health officials, standalone bars will not open at Disney Springs.

A number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase.

Will Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique be available?
A number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique remains temporarily closed.

When will Drawn to Life Presented by Cirque du Soleil® & Disney debut?
The teams are currently evaluating and planning to determine the timing for the opening of Drawn to Life. We’ll be sure to keep you posted when we have news to share.

Will cake decorating classes be available?
A number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase. Cake decorating is not currently available.

Are you allowing rideshare drop-offs?
Yes. Rideshare drop-off will occur in the Marketplace lot.

Which parking areas may I use?
Guests may park in the Orange and Lime parking garages. Surface parking lots and valet will remain unavailable.

What if the parking garages say they are closed? May I park somewhere else and still visit Disney Springs?
Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs.

Are you reducing entry points to Disney Springs?
As part of our efforts to introduce temperature screening, we are limiting the number of Guest entrances to 5, including the Orange and Lime garages, the Marketplace Entrance, the bus loop near Town Center and the rideshare drop off area. Similar to procedures at Shanghai Disney Resort, temperature screenings will be required for all Guests, Cast Members, vendors and Operating Participant employees before entering Disney Springs.

General Well-Being and Enhanced Wellness

How are you ensuring that non-Disney stores, restaurants and venues at Disney Springs are safe?
As we navigate through this period as responsibly as we can, we, along with our Operating Participants, have all implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. Disney Springs will begin to reopen in a way that incorporates enhanced safety measures, including increased cleaning procedures, the use of appropriate face coverings by Operating Participant employees, Cast Members and Guests, limited-contact Guest Services and additional safety training and information. We are all committed to a responsible reopening of Disney Springs.

Will hand sanitizers or hand-washing stations be available throughout Disney Springs? Where will they be located?
Yes. Hand sanitizing stations will be available at a variety of locations throughout Disney Springs.

How are you ensuring the cleanliness of equipment that Guests use at entertainment venues such as The VOID, Splitsville™ Luxury Lanes and NBA Experience?
Entertainment venues not be available at reopen and we will share more details at a later date. For locations that will be open, Disney Springs will begin to reopen in a way that incorporates enhanced safety measures, including increased cleaning procedures.

Temperature Screening

Will I be required to go through a temperature screening station at Disney Springs?
Yes. Similar to procedures at Shanghai Disney Resort, temperature screenings will be required for all Guests, Cast Members, vendors and Operating Participant employees before entering Disney Springs. Using a touchless thermometer, temperature screenings will take place on the second-floor exits of Orange and Lime Parking Garages, the Marketplace Entrance/Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge, the rideshare drop off lot and near the Resort Bus loop near Town Center.

Will you be implementing a bag check with temperature screenings at Disney Springs?
No. Guests will only be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entry.

Masks and Face Coverings

Will masks or face coverings be required to enter Disney Springs?
Yes, the use of appropriate face coverings is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Cast Members and Operating Participant employees will also need to wear face coverings while at Disney Springs.

What if I forgot my mask? Will masks be provided to Guests or will they be available for purchase?
The use of appropriate face coverings by both Cast Members and Guests is required for all members of your party throughout your visit to Disney Springs. Disposable masks may be available; however, Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

What if I don’t want to wear a mask?
Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate these challenges as responsibly as we can. With our robust measures in place, we believe a key factor in our success in reopening Disney Springs will be our Guests’ acceptance and adherence to our new protocols while taking personal responsibility to ensure proper physical distancing. Guests without masks will not be allowed entry to Disney Springs.

Physical Distancing and Capacity

How will physical distancing guidelines be enforced?
Managing density within Disney Springs has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests in any given time for each location. One-way and other directional signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

How are you limiting capacity at Disney Springs?
Disney Springs will open with the implementation of Guest capacity measures to limit density and comply with state and federal guidelines. Upon opening, this includes limiting our parking locations for arriving Guests to the Orange and Lime Parking Garages.

How will Disney Springs control capacity for the stores and restaurants that will be open?
One-way and other directional signage have been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings have also been installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location. We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

Dining Reservations

How can I make a dining reservation for a restaurant at Disney Springs?
Make dining reservations online via the Walt Disney World website or the My Disney Experience mobile app. Or, use OpenTable to check availability and book.

Note: Some restaurants may remain closed during the initial opening period.

Will I be able to come to Disney Springs if I have a dining reservation, but the parking garages are full or if Disney Springs is closed due to capacity?
Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs. This includes Guests who have a booked a dining reservation.

Will I be charged the dining guarantee fee if I cannot make my dining reservation because Disney Springs is closed due to capacity?
No. If a Guest is unable to make their reservation because Disney Springs is closed due to capacity, the dining guarantee charge will be waived.

How will restaurants handle reservations when they reach capacity?
Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs. This includes Guests who have a booked dining reservation. If a Guest is unable to make their reservation because Disney Springs is closed due to capacity, the dining guarantee charge will be waived.

I've never eaten at Morimoto because I favor Homecoming so much, I should give it a try

We love Morimoto Asia - the tempura shrimp appetizer is awesome as is the duck entree. Love the kids meals there - they come with the plastic utensils that have a fork on one end and chop sticks on the other and come with origami sheets to keep them busy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter