Disney Springs Hotels: 60-Day FP + EMH Through 2020: *No Packages Needed*

You’ll receive a printed out voucher for EMH which will cover you Party for entry. No one has had any problems for EMH entry and showing your room key is an added backup.

gotcha, I guess I was misremembering then . I was thinking we each got our own voucher, and not one for the entire party. I've stayed at the Wyndham before, and knew they gave us voucher and the dates on it.

An update...(after waiting 8 weeks for our 2/2020 reservation to show up in MDE). We called Disney yesterday to see if there was an update on our open IT ticket on the issue. They said that it should be all set now, and it was! MDE finally shows our DSprings reservation, a few days before our 180-day mark.

Just to clarify, I entered the confirmation # into MDE right before calling and received the normal error message. My husband was the one who called and said that the IT person had to do something manually to make it work. Right after the call, it linked immediately.

In the beginning stages of trip planning. One major question that I need answered....

If staying at a Disney springs resort, is parking free at the parks?

No; as an offsite guest, you do need to pay for parking.
OK. That changes my mind on a Disney springs resort then lol after paying parking at the resort AND theme park parking fees, what would be the benefit of staying at Disney springs vs staying right on property at a value resort?

The best Western has an "official Disney world resort" icon on their website so I was kind of assuming it would be free theme park parking.

OK. That changes my mind on a Disney springs resort then lol after paying parking at the resort AND theme park parking fees, what would be the benefit of staying at Disney springs vs staying right on property at a value resort?

The best Western has an "official Disney world resort" icon on their website so I was kind of assuming it would be free theme park parking.
There is a free shuttle to all the parks for DSprings guests. At a Value Resort, you’ll also pay for parking at the resort and have a smaller motel-like room than what can be found at DSprings.

Parking at best western is $8 per day they also have a $14 per day resort fee figured into your room price. Parking at the parks is $25. But our room cost was $540 @ BW vs $1100+ for Caribbean beach or $900+ At a value. Disney resort parking is $15-$20 per day. So we still came out cheaper staying at BW than staying onsite.

A lot of the DS hotels are also chain hotels, allowing you to earn/redeem points for your stay, and some give free breakfast (depending on your status). Some of the DS hotels are wallet-friendly - I don't have any experience, but the BW seems to fall into that category, which is nice if you aren't spending a ton of time in your room. So if "being immersed" isn't high on your priority list (it isn't on ours), the DS hotels can offer a nice alternative.

All of that said, it makes sense to do the math. I priced our trip (1st week of Feb. 2020) at POP, and it came to $955 (inc. taxes) + resort parking. The same week at the DoubleTree DS was $1350 (inc. taxes) + resort fees + parking (times two). We happen to be cashing in Hilton points, but if we hadn't had them, we would have either stayed at BW or POP.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a reservation for a DS hotel, but I plan to buy the tickets separately and then link them. I will be hitting the parks on the third day of my stay. Will my FP booking window open based on my chek-in date at the hotel or my first day at the parks?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a reservation for a DS hotel, but I plan to buy the tickets separately and then link them. I will be hitting the parks on the third day of my stay. Will my FP booking window open based on my chek-in date at the hotel or my first day at the parks?
Check-in date at your hotel.

I am trying to understand the nuances of this. I see the Hilton Bonnet Creek is part of the 60day+ window. We are highly interested in staying at a 2 bedroom at Windham Bonnet Creek resort. To confirm, this is not part of the 60 day window, correct?

I am trying to understand the nuances of this. I see the Hilton Bonnet Creek is part of the 60day+ window. We are highly interested in staying at a 2 bedroom at Windham Bonnet Creek resort. To confirm, this is not part of the 60 day window, correct?
Correct; Wyndham is not included.

Any recent experiences with the Hilton Buena Vista Palace? Looking at that and the Swan-Dolphin as potential alternatives to a Disney value or moderate but some of the recent reviews I have read online are terrible - particularly around poor cleanliness and bugs - deal-breakers for me.

I don't want to hijack this thread but could you tell me how you would book a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek? We are trying to go more in January/February...trial snowbirds....and because I don't have enough DVC points to do that, we were thinking of Bonnet (seems so close to Disney and would feel comfortable close to Disney) and Vistana but don't have the foggiest way to book. Will you be calling there directly to book?

I don't want to hijack this thread but could you tell me how you would book a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek? We are trying to go more in January/February...trial snowbirds....and because I don't have enough DVC points to do that, we were thinking of Bonnet (seems so close to Disney and would feel comfortable close to Disney) and Vistana but don't have the foggiest way to book. Will you be calling there directly to book?

I believe you can. In the past we have also used VRBO to book it as well. with bonnet creek you lose the benefits of staying onsite. However, we are driving and the luxury of the space bonnet creek provides (the idea that the 5 of us dont have to share a studio room with no kitchen) and the cost outweighs those benefits. We have stayed there twice. It is not the same as staying at a monorail loop resort. However, we felt like we were staying on disney property; we were so close. If you are ok not having 60 day FP reservations and EMH, I would recommend it.

Check out this thread on the DIS Orlando Hotels and Attractions board - https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-we-loooooove-bonnet-creek-thread-part-4.3366139/. You can search for booking sites and tips or post a question on that thread or a new one on that board - you'll get plenty of expert replies! I've never booked at WBC, but I know there are several trustworthy booking agencies that people use regularly.

HI, Looking to stay off site at one of the hotel that offers the 60 day fast pass with my family of 4 ( wife and daughters 12 and 8). We have never stayed off site. We will have a rental car. We get the mouse savers newsletter. Most times we go we stay at all stars because we are never really in the room. I am a school teacher so we are on a budget. Which of these hotels is the best bang for your buck? Should we book now or wait and see if any hotel promos come up. Can you walk to Disney Springs from any of these? Looking to come in on March 13. Any advice for finding a deal on one of these would be great.
Thanks

HI, Looking to stay off site at one of the hotel that offers the 60 day fast pass with my family of 4 ( wife and daughters 12 and 8). We have never stayed off site. We will have a rental car. We get the mouse savers newsletter. Most times we go we stay at all stars because we are never really in the room. I am a school teacher so we are on a budget. Which of these hotels is the best bang for your buck? Should we book now or wait and see if any hotel promos come up. Can you walk to Disney Springs from any of these? Looking to come in on March 13. Any advice for finding a deal on one of these would be great.
Thanks
Check pricing on Orbitz, Expedia, and other discount sites.

Look for best-priced park tickets on Touring Plans.

If you find something reasonable, book it now - you can always cancel if you find a better price. Don’t book a package through Disney - it isn’t necessary.

Check pricing on Orbitz, Expedia, and other discount sites.

Look for best-priced park tickets on Touring Plans.

If you find something reasonable, book it now - you can always cancel if you find a better price. Don’t book a package through Disney - it isn’t necessary.
Thanks for the info. Is one of them the cheapest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts