Disney Springs Bus to MK

oktxregulators2020

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I have a reservation at Homecomin tomorrow afternoon and the family wanted to go to MK afterwards. I read somewhere there is a transportation bus that will take you straight to MK from Disney Springs. If so, does it take people from MK back to Disney Springs and when is the latest it runs.

No buses from DS to the parks. Just take the bus to nearest hotel to park you want to go to. You can also walk over to Saratoga Springs and get a MK bus there.

MK Closes at 9, do you think we can get a bus back to Saratoga Springs and make it to DS before it closes at 10pm

Not sure if it's changed with Covid, but buses used to run from the Disney parks to DS starting later in the afternoon (4PM sticks in my mind). If that's still the case, you might be able to get a direct bus back to DS. I think those buses were running for park-goers who want to do dinner or shop in the evening at DS. But they always are trying to avoid people using DS as a free parking lot for a day at the parks.

MK Closes at 9, do you think we can get a bus back to Saratoga Springs and make it to DS before it closes at 10pm
Are you just trying to get back to parking garages at DS ? Don’t know if there’s are hard gate that would stop you from walking through to DS. I imagine you can still walk through even if the stores are closed. You could also walk to CR and get the DS bus.

Not sure if it's changed with Covid, but buses used to run from the Disney parks to DS starting later in the afternoon (4PM sticks in my mind). If that's still the case, you might be able to get a direct bus back to DS. I think those buses were running for park-goers who want to do dinner or shop in the evening at DS. But they always are trying to avoid people using DS as a free parking lot for a day at the parks.

I believe those buses have not been running at all for the past year.

Those buses have not returned since the parks reopened last year.

It's a fascinating issue that's become quite obvious as we start to come out on the other side of our health crisis - people not available to fill many jobs, especially drivers and food services, it appears. Many are excited by the results of the vaccinations and the ability to reopen more and more, but without the support, it's going to take longer. I've seen a couple local restaurants that have have 1/3rd to 1/2 of the restaurant closed because they can't get the help. Similar problem at Disney. They have a lot of bus, boat, and attraction drivers on payroll at Disney.

I've always wondered why they dont do park busses from Springs. It has that massive bus station. They dont have to be every 15 mins, but they would be handy

Yea, they don't want folks using DS as a parking lot. What you're saying makes sense, which is why they used to provide some buses back and forth from the parks at dinnertime. But Disney must make a ton of money on non-resort guests parking their cars.

People always look for ways to avoid paying for parking at Disney. If they ran a bus from Disney Springs to the various parks, the lots would be full of cars and no one who actually wanted to go to Disney Springs would have a place to park. That is also why parking at a monorail resort is limited to those staying at the hotel or have an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter