Disney Springs - AMC Theater question

Dis Dragon

Rawwwwr
Forgive me if this is on the wrong board, but I couldn't find one specific for Disney Springs.

I had a simple question I wanted to pose to the community, have you ever taken time out to go watch a movie at Disney springs? Did you feel like it was a good break from the go go go or that it was a mistake?

We're planning to go to break up some of our trip (13 days) and to have something different, so it's not like we're strapped for time - we'll get to see everything we want to.

Also is it a nice theater? I noticed some notices about their going through an upgrade...

Thanks in advance!

We always go and see at least one movie, sometimes two, but we are from Australia and so we have very long holidays when we come, so taking a day break to explore Disney springs is always a lot of fun. Yes we find the theatres very comfortable and enjoy just the normal theatres and also the dine in ones. We seem to always be in Disney when a new Star Wars movie comes out so we always make time for those. There is a lot to do in the Springs so sometimes we go for a movie or just to have a meal and shop. It is a nice break from the parks.

My family was at Disney when the movie version of RENT opened and I took the time to go and see it. For me it was worth it.

The theater has improved a lot even since then - reclining seats, RESERVED seats (so no groups coming in during the previews and demanding that people who got there early move so they can get seats together - they know when they are buying them if they can sit together or not), and in some you can get real food.

It's pretty much like most AMC's, decent size theaters. Nothing earth shattering about them. Depending on which movie you are going, the dolby cinema is one of the best experiences i've had watching a movie

We went to see Ant-Man And The Wasp at the Dine-In on opening day there last year and really enjoyed it. We don’t really have anything like that around where we live so it was a nice new experience for us.

We got Flatbreads and they were a lot better than we expected. It was a bit pricey though. It was over $50 just for the tickets for the 3 of us and we had to pay for food on top that. We ended up doing this instead of going to The Void.

We enjoyed it that much that we’re planning on going to see Spider-Man: Far From Home there in a couple of weeks when we go back.

We have seen a few movies at the reserved dine in theatre at DS and enjoyed all of our experiences. As other posters mentioned, it's nice to reserve your seat ahead of time and the menu options are pretty good. For short trips we do not take the time for a movie but for longer trips its definitely a favorite of ours.

We go to the movies often on Disney trips. We have lots of nice theaters and dine in theaters around us, so it isn't really a treat for us or anything like that, we just really like going to the movies and go often at home.

Our family is really not a hang around the resort and relax type of family, but we recognize we need downtime (especially when its really hot) so we usually use a movie as an opportunity for some rest. In December, we had one of those cold, windy, torrential downpour days and it was downright miserable in the parks. We ended up at the movies instead.

Our next trip is right when Lion King opens and I am planning on seeing that since it is our arrival day and we will have a lot of time to kill that afternoon before getting into our DVC room. I am an AMC Stubs member, so I will book my tickets as soon as they are available. Looking forward to it.

We saw Force Awakens and Last Jedi there days after they opened (and did the Void VR Star Wars experience just prior to seeing Last Jedi), so, for us, it was kind of an extension of the WDW trip and we really wanted to see the movies and just happened to be there right after their release. If it's a movie we are really interested in and we happen to be in WDW, we would go, but I wouldn't go just to take a break from the parks to see any old movie.

It's like any other theater to me, but I live in the Tampa area so we have all kinds of theaters

If there is a movie playing that I want to see, then yes, but I wouldn't go to see just any movie for the sake of going

My DH and I love watching a movie at the Disney Springs AMC. We always go for the dine-in theater because we don't have anything like that around where we live and it's a really cool experience. Personally, we love to go in the early afternoon so we can get out of that extreme heat. We hit up the parks for a couple hours in the morning and then off to Disney Springs.

Related question, has anyone seen a movie using the Reel3D theaters? Is it just a gimmick like most 3D movies were (outside of Avatar).

Forgive me if this is on the wrong board, but I couldn't find one specific for Disney Springs.

I had a simple question I wanted to pose to the community, have you ever taken time out to go watch a movie at Disney springs? Did you feel like it was a good break from the go go go or that it was a mistake?

We're planning to go to break up some of our trip (13 days) and to have something different, so it's not like we're strapped for time - we'll get to see everything we want to.

Also is it a nice theater? I noticed some notices about their going through an upgrade...

Thanks in advance!
I still remember after 5 years where I went out one night separate from my family and went to see the new Godzilla movie at Disney Springs. It was very relaxing while they took a quiet night in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter