While there may be more deluxe resorts than values or moderates, the number of deluxe rooms ( ~4800) is much lower than the number of moderate rooms (~7000) or value rooms (>10,000).
My dear Marionnette. I saw numbers of 38,000 hotel rooms at WDW a few years ago. Probably closer to 40,000 now. But, your point is well made that value and moderate rooms are a far bigger percentage than deluxe.

Last edited:
My dear Marionette. I saw numbers of 38,000 hotel rooms at WDW a few years ago. Probably closer to 40,000 now. But, your point is well made that value and moderate rooms are a far bigger percentage than deluxe.
Touring Plans places the number at just north of 36,000 but that includes Shades of Green, the Campsites at FW, the Disney Springs hotels and Reflections, which was never built.

So fear not: deals and smaller crowds are coming soon to a Disney park near you. If you have any excess money to take advantage.
Of course "soon" is a relative thing. This year? I doubt it.

Direct DVC purchases put large sums of money directly into Disney's hands while redirecting operating costs of a resort to the owners. But once that cash cow has been milked, the revenue stream begins to slow.

A lot of DVC owners, especially those who have owned for a while, tend to use their villas kitchens more and buy annual passes more than other guests. We don't spend as much on merch and we expect a discount when we do. With no APs currently being sold, many are making plans to visit less often, book larger villas and go into the parks less frequently (or not at all) in favor of resort days or even resort-only stays.

Other than when we sign on the dotted line and annually when we pay our dues, I don't think we are viewed to be as valuable as the guest who only visits once or twice.
I think this post is fair , hard to generalize but this is true on the whole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter