Disney Revival April 2021 Exercise Thread

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for jumping to Olaf Orange!

The next animated feature of the Revival Era is Wreck-It Ralph (2012), which I've never seen. In looking it up, though, I was thrilled to find out that one of my favorite Disney-related songs comes from this movie! (So thrilled that I got completely derailed, and discussion of the movie will have to wait until tomorrow.)

The song is "When Can I See You Again?" by Owl City. When we were training for the Star Wars races a few years back, i played this one over and over because it had a good cadence.

Here's Owl City's video.

And here's the reason I even knew about the song in the first place: it opens the Paint the Night parade, which we saw at Disneyland.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for jumping to Olaf Orange!

The next animated feature of the Revival Era is Wreck-It Ralph (2012), which I've never seen. In looking it up, though, I was thrilled to find out that one of my favorite Disney-related songs comes from this movie! (So thrilled that I got completely derailed, and discussion of the movie will have to wait until tomorrow.)

The song is "When Can I See You Again?" by Owl City. When we were training for the Star Wars races a few years back, i played this one over and over because it had a good cadence.

Here's Owl City's video.

And here's the reason I even knew about the song in the first place: it opens the Paint the Night parade, which we saw at Disneyland.

Great song! I had never heard it before - never seen Wreck It Ralph, either. Paint the Night looks like a fun parade. Wish it would come to WDW.

Adding 40 minutes for the night.
200/650

Thanks so much Twilight Sparkle for sharing those Grow with Jo exercise videos with us. I did one of her longer walking tonight exercises and felt so good afterwards. Another bonus is that my husband is actually willing to do them with me!

Glad I could be of help! I am usually so energized after doing one of her videos. I did the 90s video of hers last night, and it was fantastic. I had so much fun! My daughter came downstairs while I was in the middle of it and her reaction was "what have I walked in on and what is that terrible music?". :rotfl2:

Hi! I'm back. Sorry I've been MIA so far this month. March ended and April began with a nice visit from my family, so that kept me away from the boards. The first week or so of April was really challenging for me personally for a lot of reasons. Then yesterday we got news that my husband's grandmother had passed away from COVID (she was 94). And this morning I woke up to find that my facebook account had been hacked and all of my recovery methods were changed. So that's great. LOL. So I've spent the morning changing all my account passwords and making sure that I have unlinked all the accounts that I had connected to my facebook. But it doesn't look like I'll be getting facebook access back any time soon.

I haven't been moving much so far this month. Mostly been wallowing in bed. But I have a few minutes to report. 160 minutes so far. I'll set my goal to still challenge myself, but to be realistic since I'm off to such a slow start. I'll go for 650.

160/650
Sending hugs to you and hoping things turn around for the better soon. So sorry about your husband's grandmother. You certainly didn't need account issues on top of that.

How did it go last night? Are you still able to move today? :D
Ugh. Not really. I made it through 1 circuit of the 3 circuit website (why, oh why did I think this was a good idea???). I was a little sore, but nothing terrible... and then I woke up at 4am *SORE*. I don't know if I'll get my ten minute walk in today, let alone the second body weight circuit I had planned. Honestly, I'm as sore as I was after rope-dropping MK and going to MNSSHP until 1am.

Ugh. Not really. I made it through 1 circuit of the 3 circuit website (why, oh why did I think this was a good idea???). I was a little sore, but nothing terrible... and then I woke up at 4am *SORE*. I don't know if I'll get my ten minute walk in today, let alone the second body weight circuit I had planned. Honestly, I'm as sore as I was after rope-dropping MK and going to MNSSHP until 1am.
Oh, no! And without all of the fun of MK and MNSSHP, too!!!! Hope the aches go away soon!

Wreck-it Ralph (2012), completely computer-animated, provides this month's Red character. The movie tells the story of a not-so-villainous video-game villain who wants to win a medal to obtain the respect of his fellow game characters. To do so, he visits the worlds of other games in the arcade, including "Sugar Rush," a candy-themed racing game. There he has to help racer Vanellope von Schweetz regain her proper place in the game.

Wreck-It Ralph features several well-known voices, including John C. Reilly as Ralph, Sarah Silverman as Venellope, Jane Lynch and Dennis Haysbert as characters from a game called "Hero's Duty," Mindy Kaling as a racer in "Sugar Rush," and Ed O'Neill as the owner of the arcade. But do you know who voices King Candy, the ruler of "Sugar Rush"?

Alan Tudyk, also known as the voice of K-2SO in Rogue One and Wash the pilot in Firefly. Tudyk has done a lot more work for Disney, taking parts in SEVEN other Revival Era films!

Last edited:
Congratulations to Raya for being the first team member to reach Princess Tiana Purple!

Wreck-It Ralph features numerous cameos from real-world video games. According to Wikipedia, before production the crew added characters where they might make sense, without worrying if Disney could get the rights to use them. They later sought the rights, and worked with the characters' owners to make sure they were represented authentically. Several characters appear in a villains' support group, Bad-Anon, that Ralph attends. Apparently Nintendo was quite enthusiastic to have Bowser from the Mario franchise be part of that group!

Here's a list of the video-game characters who make cameo appearances.

Disney followed Wreck-It Ralph with one of its biggest-ever box office hits, Frozen (2013). Based on Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen, this was another movie that underwent a title change (at least for the English-language version) to broaden its appeal. The film earned a whopping $1.28 billion worldwide!

Jennifer Lee, one of the writers from Wreck-It Ralph, proved to have such a huge influence in the development process that she was named co-director with Chris Buck. That made her the first woman to direct a full-length animated feature for Walt Disney Studios.

Disney sent teams on research trips not only to Norway to gain inspiration from the landscape and culture there, but also to an ice hotel in Quebec to study how light behaves with ice and to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, to study walking and falling in deep snow (including in long skirts!). As with Tangled, achieving the effects the crew wanted (like how to animate snow) required them to develop new technology.

It's well known that Kristen Bell voiced Anna, Idina Menzel voiced Elsa, and Josh Gad voiced Olaf (this month's Orange inspiration!). But do you remember who voiced Kristoff?

Jonathon Groff, known more recently as the original King George III in Hamilton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!