Disney + Premier Access - I am confused.

Bonnie1222

DIS Veteran
Can someone please explain to me how the Premier access works? I just don't get it. We are new to streaming having just recently broken the cable cord.

My daughter accidentally purchased Cruella last night (she is away at school). She streams it on her Firestick and it charged her Amazon account, not the Family Disney+ account credit card and she said she never got the payment screen like the help video shows it just charged her account. Now that she purchased it, can anyone in the family watch it? Do you have to watch it from her profile or is it just available for anyone on the account? Does it expire or is it now available until it becomes free?

Disney+ help it not very clear on everything and trying to get an answer with chat is even more challenging at times. I am still trying to find out from they why I get charged almost $20 in taxes when I get charge zero taxes on my hulu account that I keep separate from Disney. They have no way to send me an itemized statement.

Sorry for so many questions. But I know the people on the DISboards are the place to go when you need help.

Can someone please explain to me how the Premier access works? I just don't get it. We are new to streaming having just recently broken the cable cord.

My daughter accidentally purchased Cruella last night (she is away at school). She streams it on her Firestick and it charged her Amazon account, not the Family Disney+ account credit card and she said she never got the payment screen like the help video shows it just charged her account. Now that she purchased it, can anyone in the family watch it? Do you have to watch it from her profile or is it just available for anyone on the account? Does it expire or is it now available until it becomes free?

Disney+ help it not very clear on everything and trying to get an answer with chat is even more challenging at times. I am still trying to find out from they why I get charged almost $20 in taxes when I get charge zero taxes on my hulu account that I keep separate from Disney. They have no way to send me an itemized statement.

Sorry for so many questions. But I know the people on the DISboards are the place to go when you need help.

I haven't actually done it, but theoretically you can pay with whatever methods they accept, icluding through the payment apps you may have on your device (including Amazon). It wouldn't necessarily be linked to the main Disney+ card. I would think some kind of payment confirmation would be required, but that may be based on the playback device (Amazon notably controlls tehir environment much like Apple). Now that you have it, you should be able to watch it on any profile as much as you want going forward. Eventually it will become included for all Disney+ subscribers at which point the exclusivity window is over. You would only lose access if you cncelled your Disney+ subscription entirely as it is dependent on that.

As for the taxes, I don't think you should be seeing $20 in taxes on a $7.99 monthly subscription? Is that per month? That does not seem right. I paid for the three year plan early, so I am not too familliar with the monthly billing cycle, but it shouldn't be that much at all. I would definitely try to get an answer on that.

I'm not sure what the $20 in taxes is all about. We pay a monthly subscription and it's always the $7.99 per month that is deducted from our account.

How does that show up on your statement? Is there a line item for Disney + at $7.99 and then a line item that says Taxes?

I'm not sure what the $20 in taxes is all about. We pay a monthly subscription and it's always the $7.99 per month that is deducted from our account.

How does that show up on your statement? Is there a line item for Disney + at $7.99 and then a line item that says Taxes?

I don't either which last year when I signed up at 69.99 for the full year and they billed me 79 and change I questioned it. They told me I should've gotten a confirmation with the purchase. I got a thank you email no detail. I asked for a detailed print out and was told no sorry we can't do it. It renewed last month at 79.99 and they charged my card 90 something. So probably closer to 10 or 15 dollars but still doesn't make sense

It is one line - Disney Plus $90.60 (so it is $10 and change, not $20). That is all it says on my credit card. I was auto renewed at 79.99 for the year. Last year when I signed up for the service - the same thing happened. When I did a chat I asked why it was more and they told me taxes and fees but they couldn't tell me what those taxes and fees consisted of

So I just spent some time searching Google. I calculated I am being charged 13% on top of my annual rate. I found an article on reddit from a little over a year ago - Florida not only charges the 6% sales tax, but a 7% communications tax according to the poster. :mad: I can't find where that is listed anywhere else, but it adds up. Just odd that Hulu doesn't charge it - but I also have the $2.25 per month plan right now (black Friday special) and maybe they have that included in the price.

Thank you BrianL for the info on watching Cruella now. I guess we will test it out tonight.

So I just spent some time searching Google. I calculated I am being charged 13% on top of my annual rate. I found an article on reddit from a little over a year ago - Florida not only charges the 6% sales tax, but a 7% communications tax according to the poster. :mad: I can't find where that is listed anywhere else, but it adds up. Just odd that Hulu doesn't charge it - but I also have the $2.25 per month plan right now (black Friday special) and maybe they have that included in the price.

Thank you BrianL for the info on watching Cruella now. I guess we will test it out tonight.

That amount does make more sense for an annual subscription. I believe I paid some tax on my 3 year plan.

Enjoy Cruella!

It is one line - Disney Plus $90.60 (so it is $10 and change, not $20). That is all it says on my credit card. I was auto renewed at 79.99 for the year. Last year when I signed up for the service - the same thing happened. When I did a chat I asked why it was more and they told me taxes and fees but they couldn't tell me what those taxes and fees consisted of
Same for us as well. We already pay a communication tax on the internet we have to have to stream Disney and now we pay another communication tax for Disney and of course on our phones.. We need to complain to our state representatives. What did the state do to deserve communication taxes on our internet, phones and streaming devices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter