Disney "Outlet" Store

raidermatt

Be water, my friend.
For those in the San Francisco Bay Area, there will be a "Disney Character Warehouse Blowout Event" beginning tomorrow at the Southland Mall in Hayward (located between Old Navy and Radio Shack). The store opens tomorrow, 9/20 and is scheduled to close on 10/20.

I've been to these before, and they have discontinued merhandise from the parks as well as the Disney stores. They advertise discounts up to 85%. From past experience, I'd say that most of the discounts range from 20% to 60%.

I heard about this particular store through an email, because I signed up to be on their mailing list for my area.

Note that these stores are not Disney owned, but the merchandise is true Disney merchandise.

We've got one here in Texas, but it's in San Marcos. They occasionally have park merch, which it tops IMO, so it can beworth it.

It was funny though because a few years ago they had a ton of Light Magic stuff, heavily discounted. Gee, I wonder why? ;)

These outlets show up around the country in various low rate retail areas. They stick around for a couple of months and then take their show on the road again. The merchandise varies while they're there, since stuff is shipped from whatever central location processes merchandise.

FWIW, there's a permanant one near DL on Harbor Blvd, about 5 miles east of Disneyland, and I believe that there's another one near WDW but I haven't been there.

Sarangel

Just fyi, I was able to go yesterday because I'm on their mailing list and therefore got an extra 10% off...

For $81 (including tax), I got a 24" Donald Duck, A 14" Goofy Pirate, 3 child's t-shirts, 2 adult sweatshirts, 1 ladies t-shirt, a souvenier plate, a magnetic picture frame, and 2 die-cast attraction vehicles.

With tax, the sweatshirts alone originally retailed for more than that.

If you get the chance to visit one of these stores, and want to pick up some Disney merchandise at reasonable prices, check it out...

Iwish one of these would come to my area!!!!

The email I received has the following instructions to be added to the mailing list:

"To ADD your name to our mailing list send us an email at disney_character@bellsouth.net with ADD in the subject line and your name, street address, city, state, and zipcode where you live in the body of the email."

I'm not sure what other areas they go to, but if you're on their mailing list, you should find out if they come to your area.

There's a permanent store at the following location:

Fullerton - Orangefair Mall
243 Orangefair Mall
Fullerton, CA 92832
Phone: (714) 870-9363

(That's in southern California)

Raidermatt, how close is the outlet store to DL or Knotts??

It's a few miles north of Disneyland. The mall is on the corner of Harbor Ave (I assume you know that one) and Orangethorpe. If you have a car, just head up Harbor. A bus runs up Harbor if you don't have a car. There's an In-N-Out Burger across the street too, so it's always a nice stop when you're in Southern CA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter