Disney on Ice - Let's Celebrate

adaygaby

DIS Veteran
Disney on Ice - Let's Celebrate show is coming to Houston tomorrow. I bought tickets to take DS6, but SHHHHHHHHH it's a surprise. He'll find out what we are going to see until we get inside the stadium. :yay:

Has anyone gone to see this show yet? If so, how was it? This will be our first Disney on Ice show to see. I'm sure the show will get him more reeled up for our Disney trip in November.

I can imagine the souvie prices are sky high prices and am debating if I should just do a quick run to the Disney store during my lunch break today to buy him something and give it to him at the show.

:earboy2:

We went in January when it was in Cleveland and had a blast. It was a great show with a good variety of Disney characters. We don't buy souvies so I can't help you there. In past years, I have bought a few things at the Disney Store to give them during the show and they were thrilled. Hope you have a great time!:goodvibes

I got tickets for my family for the May 1st show in New Orleans. We can't wait to go. As for souvies, I don't buy them because they are so expensive. I hope ya'll have a great time.

We went when it was here in early December and enjoyed it a lot. It is really series of shorter stories so you'll get to see a lot of different disney characters.

I'd eat before you go and buy and stuff you might want to give your son before you go too. At least here, the disney type stuff is way overpriced as is the food that comes in the special cups and the like. $10 slushies and the like are the norm.

We went when it was here in early December and enjoyed it a lot. It is really series of shorter stories so you'll get to see a lot of different disney characters.

I'd eat before you go and buy and stuff you might want to give your son before you go too. At least here, the disney type stuff is way overpriced as is the food that comes in the special cups and the like. $10 slushies and the like are the norm.

We took my niece in February (she is 2.5). Very nice show. I agree with the PP. I bought my niece a sno-cone for $15, which didn't come with a straw. I had a choice between the $1 straw and the $2 straw :scared1:

Have fun!

We went in March and we LOVED it. During the opening number I looked over at my 13 yr old and she was tearing up...of course so was I! :rolleyes1 after the show my DS was holding hands with his Daddy and he looked up and said, "Daddy, I just cant stop SMILING!!" I loved it!! Of course my DH and I were eating this up since the kids have NO CLUE that we are about to leave for Disney!!

As far as souvenirs...they pricey. The kids wore Mickey shirts and MIckey ears they had from our last trip. They even carried their favorite stuffed Mickeys. I did splurge and get them cotton candy which was $10 and came with a Mickey ear party hat.
Have a great time!!:yay:

Our family went in November and it was fabulous! If you like Nightmare before Christmas there is a great number with Jack skating and singing, and a fabulous section with the Alice In Wonderland characters. My Husband, myself and DD7 went and had a BLAST!!

The souveniers were outrageous, $15 snowcones with a souvenir plastic mug, $12 cotton candy with a souvenir cardboard hat....pretty standard for these shows. All the twirly light up things were over $20. I would bring one from home if you have one and let your son have it when the lights go down. :thumbsup2

Have a good time, it is a fantastic show and was worth every penny. :goodvibes

We went March 28 in Dallas and it was great! There were a couple things that were odd to me, but just silly things adults may notice.. the "celebrate" theme is friendly and they go through different holidays you celebrate, but theres also some traveling... I don't want to spoil the show, but at one point I thought to myself "did they have a Japanese Minnie outfit and had to figure out a way to use it?...." ;)

I bought some Mickey Head Light Up Spinners from this place a while back for our Disney trip:

http://www.premierglow.com/Light_up_Toys.31/Mickey_Ball_Spinner.281.html

I wasn't sure if we would be able to bring them in, but security saw them in our bags and didn't say a word. :wizard:

It was so nice not to have to buy a $20 light up toy after we spent more than $50 on drinks and food. popcorn::

DisneyOnIce5.jpg

The kids loved the show and so did the adults. I agree that the Nightmare Before Christmas part was really great! No one fell for our show either, which was the opposite of a past Disney On Ice experience.

I recommend going for sure. :lovestruc

DisneyOnIce1.jpg

DisneyOnIce4.jpg

THANKS EVERYONE...!! :grouphug:

I'm getting antsy about the show now :goodvibes

I will definitely stop by the Disney store today to get DS an item or two. I'll just pray that he'll settle for popcorn and a drink for snacks instead of getting that expensive snowcone you guys mention.:worship:

We are going on Friday! Can't wait! We went to the Princess on Ice show a few years ago and loved it. The kiddos are super excited too!

We enjoyed the show. One thing we found was that my neices had no clue who Jack Skellington was. He's got a rather longish part and the girls enjoyed the music, but just didn't "get" the characters.

PS - I love my Celebration mouse ears that came with the cotton candy!

Thanks everyone...! Bought DS 2 t-shirts and a beach towel. Didn't find any light up toys at the Disney store.

Looking forward to enjoying our mom & son surprise date tonight.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter