"disney Night's" to celebrate the countdown?-or only just before trip?

happymomof1

DIS Veteran
So--We are down to just about 3 months until we visist WDW. Should I start planning "Disney Theme" nights on weekends, like every other weekend, or should I just wait until the last month? I don't want anyone to get "bored" with them, and want to keep them special....but my DS is 6, and maybe he would really get into them....Anyone else do a bunch of them? :yay:

We started last week (2-6) our family nights (we are currently 186 days out) and I will probably do one every other week. I think its up to you. DD loved it and can't wait til the next one, which will be UP on Saturday. I say go for it. And it doesn't have to be set in stone that you do one every month or every week, KWIM.

i'd wait. That is a long time for a kid that age, 1/24 of his life. I'd not encourage the adrenaline rush quite yet. OTOH, if you want to do it without the whole "let's get hyped because we are going to Disney" then it could be fun.

We started them a few months before our first trip. Usually every Friday unless we had something else going on. We didn't do a huge theme, but we would watch a movie and just have a "family night". Some weeks I used some of the ideas from other Disers with food and games to go along with the movie. We also have a few Disney board games.

We have an older DD, but my younger two had not seen most of the Disney movies. :rolleyes1
I wanted them to be familiar with some of the characters and stories before our trip, so we dug out the VCR (I had many of the classics on VHS) and borrowed others on DVD from my sister. Our goal was to watch all of the movies that had an attraction, and we did fairly well. We had fun watching the movies and discussing our Disney trip. Many of the evenings we wound up online or watching parts of the planning DVD as well.

Regarding it being too much of a countdown,.....DS 6, knows we are planning a trip, but thinks it is a lot longer down the road. We will surprise him the day before we go, just so he does net get preoccupied with the "countdown" aspect. I want him to be able to concentrate in school, etc. So, I'm not looking at these "disney nights" as a way to "get him and keep him excited", just as a fun, family night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter