Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received e-mail from Disney Destinations for a 3-year or 2-year deal (under $5/month if you pay it all up front).

.. for those who may have missed the D23 deal.

With Disney + it will take you years, maybe even a decade to watch everything. Just to let you know a little gem I just found :) so you can put it 'want to watch'-list:
With the movie 'Saving Mr. Banks', there is a 15-minute documentary about Walt Disney and the Disney Studios in the 60s. It is partially about the movie, but you also get to see bits of developing audio animatronics for Caroussel of Progress and Abraham Lincoln.
So for those who are passionate about the history of Disney and Disney parks, check the extras on this movie!

Last edited:
I hope House of Mouse is included.

I have checked, and for me in the Netherlands House of Mouse is not included on Disney +, while it has been on television here from 2003 - 2007.
It could be that it will be included in the US, but then it makes me wonder why we wouldn't get it in NL.

Thats great! Its two days too late I have a 14 hour international flight on the 10th haha

Little bit of interesting info on Disney +, when roll out starts there will be zero content from 20th Century Fox. I do not know if there are previous licensing agreements that Fox had, but the info I gleemed from research on the internet is that Fox content will be added thru out 2020. So for those Sound of Music and Ice Age lovers, there will be a little wait but it is coming.

i Don’t think I would of given a 3 year commitment knowing I’d only be able to watch on hand held devices 🤷🏻‍♀️
You could still use a smart TV (if you have one), or a Roku is under $30 and they are great.

You could still use a smart TV (if you have one), or a Roku is under $30 and they are great.
Have a fire stick so why would I spend more money on an extra device that does the same thing?
I assume with a fire stick you should in theory be able to log into the website from an internet browser app

Have a fire stick so why would I spend more money on an extra device that does the same thing?
I assume with a fire stick you should in theory be able to log into the website from an internet browser app
So don't get a Roku then 🤷‍♀️ I was just offering a suggestion since it sounds like you already paid for Disney+, if you were really looking for a way to watch on a regular TV over the next three years. The likelihood is that Disney and Amazon will work it out and it will be moot anyway.

ETA: Besides, if Amazon and Disney don't work it out, then the Fire Stick and Roku don't do the same thing--one would play Disney+ and one wouldn't.

So don't get a Roku then 🤷‍♀️ I was just offering a suggestion since it sounds like you already paid for Disney+, if you were really looking for a way to watch on a regular TV over the next three years. The likelihood is that Disney and Amazon will work it out and it will be moot anyway.

ETA: Besides, if Amazon and Disney don't work it out, then the Fire Stick and Roku don't do the same thing--one would play Disney+ and one wouldn't.
I know you had good intentions and your right about the difference 😎

Reactions: EmJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!