Disney News Round Up

I'm actually really glad they arent removing Starring Rolls.

Me too and I know a lot of people agree with us. When the idea was first brought up the outrage was pretty bad. To me removing a store from an area that has plenty of stores is not a bad thing at all. In fact they are being REALLY smart to do that instead of replacing eateries.

I recently just got home from my Disney College Program and heard from Photopass that the haunted mansion ghost will be available for purchase but it will be a short movie clip you can buy. Also Mine Train will be getting a ride photo. Could be rumors but thinking this will be happening

I recently just got home from my Disney College Program and heard from Photopass that the haunted mansion ghost will be available for purchase but it will be a short movie clip you can buy. Also Mine Train will be getting a ride photo. Could be rumors but thinking this will be happening
I know HM, pirates and one other ride was supposed to get ride photos.

Rumor just in

DCA is looking at another expansion this one being monstropolis...

No word on a timetable but according to the spirit it has been given the green light

DCA would have two major Pixar things and DHS has little old Pixar place with TSMM. Hey we got mymagic+ I guess...

Rumor just in

DCA is looking at another expansion this one being monstropolis...

No word on a timetable but according to the spirit it has been given the green light

DCA would have two major Pixar things and DHS has little old Pixar place with TSMM. Hey we got mymagic+ I guess...

See...this is one of those rumors that just doesn't pass the sniff test.

DCA already has the monsters inc ride... And since monsters u was a bit underwhelming...why on earth would they strap their cart to that under the circumstances?

Doesn't make sense...star wars land would make more sense there as well...

See...this is one of those rumors that just doesn't pass the sniff test. DCA already has the monsters inc ride... And since monsters u was a bit underwhelming...why on earth would they strap their cart to that under the circumstances? Doesn't make sense...star wars land would make more sense there as well...
Star Wars is supposedly still going into tomorrowland at Disneyland maybe the long rumored door coaster will be coming to DCA.

The "door coaster"? That's starting to move into the legendary realm of thunder mess at this point
The source I have says construction on monstropolis may start as early as next year at DCA. It's just things I'm hearing this person has been right before but it's like micechat he hasn't been right in a while.

James Cameron in a recent interview http://www.slashfilm.com/pandora-the-land-of-avatar-name/

"It’s going to have floating mountains. It’s pretty cool. I’ve seen the model and the design work the Imagineering people have done is spectacular. They’ve got a quarter inch to the foot scale model of the whole park and I’ve looked at all the sight lines…it’s not a park, it’s a land within the park but a land is not just a ride. There will be several rides and a number of other attractions. It’s really just a place you’re gonna wanna go and hang out. It’s gonna be gorgeous. Of course it’s gonna be gorgeous at night and they’re using every new trick, every new bit of technology that they’ve created.

The animatronics for the Na’vi characters are gonna be fantastic. For example, their early animatronics would use 12 axis of motion and I think the most they’ve ever done was 32 axis recently. I think they’re up to 64 just in the face of the Na’vi characters. So it’s gonna be remarkable. They really see it as a major, major attraction."

Pandora- The world of Avatar will open in 2017

James Cameron seems to confirm multiple attractions/rides, and new advanced animatronics.

This gets me even more excited for avatar in AK.

James Cameron in a recent interview http://www.slashfilm.com/pandora-the-land-of-avatar-name/

"It’s going to have floating mountains. It’s pretty cool. I’ve seen the model and the design work the Imagineering people have done is spectacular. They’ve got a quarter inch to the foot scale model of the whole park and I’ve looked at all the sight lines…it’s not a park, it’s a land within the park but a land is not just a ride. There will be several rides and a number of other attractions. It’s really just a place you’re gonna wanna go and hang out. It’s gonna be gorgeous. Of course it’s gonna be gorgeous at night and they’re using every new trick, every new bit of technology that they’ve created.

The animatronics for the Na’vi characters are gonna be fantastic. For example, their early animatronics would use 12 axis of motion and I think the most they’ve ever done was 32 axis recently. I think they’re up to 64 just in the face of the Na’vi characters. So it’s gonna be remarkable. They really see it as a major, major attraction."

Pandora- The world of Avatar will open in 2017

James Cameron seems to confirm multiple attractions/rides, and new advanced animatronics.

This gets me even more excited for avatar in AK.

Hopefully those AAs don't mess up...Animal Kingdom doesn't have the best track record with large scale AAs

Long range RFID use starting tomorrow at WDW.

Starting tomorrow magic bands will automatically link up with on ride photos for several rides.

Those rides are,
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Buzz lightyear space ranger spin
Space mountain
Splash mountain
Test track
Rock n roller coaster
Tower of terror

This initially will only be part of MDE if you have purchased memory maker. This will also require a magic band RFID cards will not work because of the longer range. This is the first time Disney is doing something like this.

Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o, 31, has officially joined the cast of "Star Wars: Episode VII.

Along with gwendoline Christie

Info for those going to typhoon lagoon starting next week.

Starting June 10 2014, the bus service to and from Typhoon Lagoon after 2pm will only be available at Epcot. This means that if going to Typhoon Lagoon, you will first need to go to Epcot via bus or monorail, and then change onto the bus to Typhoon Lagoon.

On the return journey, you will be dropped-off at Epcot, and will then take another bus or monorail to your next destination. Note that the changes of route only impacts those traveling after 2pm.

The routing changes are related to the bus stop closures and lane changes taking place at Downtown Disney during the expansion of the roadways for Disney Springs. There is no word yet on how long the new route will be in effect for.

Via WDWmagic.com

The walkway that runs from T-REX to the Lego Store is now closed to accommodate the construction work taking place in that area. A diversion is in place that takes you behind the Lego Store via the parking lot.

Expedition Everest is under refurbishment right now but the ride is still open. the rear of the mountain has scaffolding in position, along with a crane. It is not clear what the extent of the refurbishment is, but so far, the broken track at the top of the mountain has been removed, and the bird effect has been reinstated. The attractions main effect, the animatronic yeti, has not worked since late 2007, around a year after the ride opened. If anything will be done to this show scene during this refurbishment is yet to be seen. The scene where the "track ends" the track there is gone.

Cap n jacks bar in DTD is also closed now to make room for new things for Disney springs.

Also,

Entrance 1 on the Marketplace side, which is across from the Casting Center, is now closed to inbound traffic. This entry is the closest to the parking lot behind the Marketplace shops. If you wish to get to that lot, you now need to enter via Entrance 2, which is across from the Hess Gas Station, and then use the internal road to get to the Marketplace lot.

Although closed to inbound traffic, Entrance 1 can still be used as an exit.

Via WDWmagic.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter