Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland Sells Out of Most Expensive Magic Key Pass

The “Dream Key” has sold out two months after it was initially offered, Disneyland officials confirmed to the OC Register. The other three Magic Keys remain available at this time.

I have a dream key and it’s been almost impossible to book days I want. I got it for the weekend access and I have only been able to go on a weekend once. I basically have to guess which days I might be able to go 2 months in advance. And in turn, I’m spending less money at the park since I’m not able to go as often.

But, at least my parking is included. $30, ouch! Especially since you still have to walk a mile from Mickey & Friends to the park.

Stars of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Assemble for First-of-its-Kind Dining Adventure Aboard the Disney Wish

I am so excited to share that the world-renowned stars of the Marvel Cinematic Universe are lending their talents to this first-of-its-kind adventure! At Worlds of Marvel, our guests will be part of a real-life Avengers mission as they watch some of their favorite heroes in action: Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, Evangeline Lilly as The Wasp, Anthony Mackie as Captain America, and Brie Larson as Captain Marvel!

Kerry Condon will also reprise her role as the voice of F.R.I.D.A.Y., and actor Ross Marquand will lend his villainous vocal skills to Ultron.

1923 Will Feature Enough Hidden Details to Keep You Looking for HOURS
1923 will actually feature 2 dining rooms (a first for Disney Cruise Line), which is meant to provide a more intimate feel. The dining rooms are named after the founders of the Walt Disney Company — Roy and Walt.

Overall, the restaurant will have more than 1,000 drawings, props, and other items that provide guests with an “inside look at the evolution of Disney animation.” Basically, it’s an animated movie lover’s DREAM.

There will be over 800 pieces of artwork, 24 multiplane cel set-ups, 50 character maquettes, and custom made props based on original items that inspired the animation of those classic movies, including some reproductions of the storybooks that are featured in those iconic opening scenes from some of the original films.

349316FA-7026-4AB8-8C31-D925A73661F8.png

Oaken Will Make His First Appearance on Disney Cruise Line’s Newest Ship!

First up, during dinner fans will get to interact in a very special way with a beloved character — OLAF! During dinner, an interactive animatronic version of Olaf will actually be transported from table to table.

733FA587-1811-4B3B-906D-2366A0354B4E.jpeg

But, Olaf won’t be alone. This loveable snowman will be joined in the Frozen festivities by the one and only…OAKEN! Yes, that’s right folks, Oaken will be making an appearance in the Frozen dining experience, and not as an animatronic. The one and only Oaken will appear in person for guests to see in his Disney Cruise Line debut!

8162727C-E238-4370-A4A4-2DEC5377F457.jpeg

Oaken Will Make His First Appearance on Disney Cruise Line’s Newest Ship!

First up, during dinner fans will get to interact in a very special way with a beloved character — OLAF! During dinner, an interactive animatronic version of Olaf will actually be transported from table to table.

View attachment 616225

But, Olaf won’t be alone. This loveable snowman will be joined in the Frozen festivities by the one and only…OAKEN! Yes, that’s right folks, Oaken will be making an appearance in the Frozen dining experience, and not as an animatronic. The one and only Oaken will appear in person for guests to see in his Disney Cruise Line debut!

View attachment 616226

Character Meet and Greets Renamed to “Sightings”, Some Princesses Possibly Cut from November Return

Here’s a list of the “sightings” that guests will be able to experience starting next month at Walt Disney World:

• Sighting with Mickey at Town Square Theater
  • Sighting with Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Sighting with Cinderella at Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Sighting in Red Carpet Dreams (Minnie Mouse)
Confusingly, Princess Elena and Rapunzel are still listed in the description, despite not having their names in the title of the experience. To add further confusion to the situation, the URLs for the Princess Fairytale Hall “sightings” only contain Elena and Rapunzel, not Cinderella or Tiana. It’s possible that Elena and Rapunzel won’t be part of the “sightings”.

Also, Disney has added a “Sighting at Royal Sommerhus”, which could mean that Anna and/or Elsa could be moving to their indoor location.

Character Meet and Greets Renamed to “Sightings”, Some Princesses Possibly Cut from November Return

View attachment 616234

Here’s a list of the “sightings” that guests will be able to experience starting next month at Walt Disney World:

Confusingly, Princess Elena and Rapunzel are still listed in the description, despite not having their names in the title of the experience. To add further confusion to the situation, the URLs for the Princess Fairytale Hall “sightings” only contain Elena and Rapunzel, not Cinderella or Tiana. It’s possible that Elena and Rapunzel won’t be part of the “sightings”.

Also, Disney has added a “Sighting at Royal Sommerhus”, which could mean that Anna and/or Elsa could be moving to their indoor location.

Yikes. I'm not a fan of the idea of character appearances/meets becoming just sightings. I feel like that leaves so much room for more to be taken away.

I hope this is and most importantly *remains* temporary. If there is one thing that needs to eventually come back when restrictions end, it is the ability to hug a character. There is so much magic in a hug from Mickey or Cinderella. I'd hate to see that go. I'm optimistic that it will be back eventually but I'm also less trusting now so we'll see.

Yikes. I'm not a fan of the idea of character appearances/meets becoming just sightings. I feel like that leaves so much room for more to be taken away.

I hope this is and most importantly *remains* temporary. If there is one thing that needs to eventually come back when restrictions end, it is the ability to hug a character. There is so much magic in a hug from Mickey or Cinderella. I'd hate to see that go. I'm optimistic that it will be back eventually but I'm also less trusting now so we'll see.
Yikes indeed. :(

agreed.....
if you were going to have 'sightings' why not continue to keep them outside with better lighting (and not needing to wear a mask in the photo based on current restrictions as I know that is a deal breaker for some) vs now having them indoors and waiting 30 minutes for a selfie....

I don't care about not being able to hug I just really wish that they could bring photopass photographers back especially if they want APs to pay the $99 for what was once inclusive in their pass

Yikes. I'm not a fan of the idea of character appearances/meets becoming just sightings. I feel like that leaves so much room for more to be charged extra for.

Fixed that for you.

Maybe it's just trying to make it more clear that it's not a normal meet and greet, since now people will be standing in line for it and potentially get more angry if they can't get close once they get to the front of that line?

I hope...

Yes, but they could have done this sooner. It makes me think this is more long term, which, I mean, I get it, but, ugh! Can't we just have the world back already?

View attachment 616234

Will this be in genie plus

Maybe it's just trying to make it more clear that it's not a normal meet and greet, since now people will be standing in line for it and potentially get more angry if they can't get close once they get to the front of that line?

I hope...
Just call it selfie spot/photo opportunity and in the print say "a chance to snap a photo and say hi to" since you can still interact from the opposite side of a rope
Will this be in genie plus
Fairytale Hall and Town Square did have fast pass so possibly (I don't remember if red carpet dreams or summerhaus did but I know Disney Jr is walk up as it's outside--- I know this as we used those spots as well as the Ralph and Joy spots in Imagination for photo ops in the past)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter