Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Salt&Straw February Flavors

CHOCOLATIERS-Frans-Scoop-1200x1200_720x_1e2cd27d-f251-4d9f-a72a-92261385ed4a.webp

Fran's Almond Gold Bar
We’re a not-so-secret admirer of Fran’s Chocolates. We chop their iconic Almond Gold Bars into bite-sized pieces and toss them into a silky salted vanilla ice cream. Ribbons of heavenly hand-burned caramel and ultra rich dark chocolate stracciatella are drizzled in to deliver a flavor you’re sure to fall head over heels for.
Ribbons of heavenly hand-burned caramel. Delicious AND Painful!

New Storyline Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.

New Storyline Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
At a young age, Tiana developed a deep passion for cooking, and began to dream of one day owning her own business. Her father, James, taught her that good food brings folks together. One of the most exciting parts of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is that we’re going to see where Tiana’s life has taken her following the success of Tiana’s Palace, a restaurant she had dreamed of owning and worked so hard to make come true.

Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next chapter story for Tiana. Within the attraction queue, guests will discover that she continues to grow her business with Tiana’s Foods – an employee-owned cooperative. Combining her talents with those of the local community, Tiana has transformed an aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Tiana family photo in front of new Tiana's Foods water tower's Foods water tower

The endeavor began when Tiana purchased the salt mine and the area surrounding the large salt dome it operated from. With the help of her mother Eudora, Naveen, Louis and fellow owners of the cooperative, Tiana revived the old salt mine and the surrounding land, growing a wide array of vegetables, herbs and spices for her recipes.

This multi-faceted enterprise has turned the aging salt mine into a space that has come alive. Complete with a boutique farm and both a working and teaching kitchen, Tiana’s Foods is where Tiana and her colleagues create all sorts of new products that they are bringing to the world, including a line of original hot sauces.

Tiana's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo's Foods Original Hot Sauce Label Logo

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix–up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana, along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Picking up where that story left off, Tiana continues bringing people together with Tiana’s Foods, another treasured meeting place to spend time together and celebrate a diverse community. Tiana is also working with cooperative members to teach gardening and cooking to children of all ages, and inspiring other women to run successful businesses as the brand grows nationwide.

Continue following along with the Disney Parks Blog for updates relating to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, as it makes its way to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2024.
I appreciate the creativity around a new story, but this sounds boring. It seems like Living the Land and not a thrilling log flume ride. I hope there is some fun built into this.

I appreciate the creativity around a new story, but this sounds boring. It seems like Living the Land and not a thrilling log flume ride. I hope there is some fun built into this.
The lack of Dr. Facilier is such a bummer too (Yes, I know the story of this ride takes place after the movie but it seems like a HUGE missed opportunity to me). I hope the ride is cool because the story sounds kind of lame and not really fitting well with a thrilling log flume ride.

They are doing themselves zero favors with this description. Somehow simultaneously overwrought yet dreadfully dull. Absolutely reeks of a thousand meetings and a checklist of buzzwords.

I was trying to be optimistic about this reimagining but this is a horrid start. And leaning so hard into the salt mine story seems very strange given the very real history there. Not sure how they get away without addressing it and still make it a light, fun ride. So weird.

The lack of Dr. Facilier is such a bummer too (Yes, I know the story of this ride takes place after the movie but it seems like a HUGE missed opportunity to me). I hope the ride is cool because the story sounds kind of lame and not really fitting well with a thrilling log flume ride.
I mean, there's also been a lot of PC-or-not related controversy about Dr. Facilier, and Disney is retheming this ride largely in part to move away from that type of thing. So, I get it.

They are doing themselves zero favors with this description. Somehow simultaneously overwrought yet dreadfully dull. Absolutely reeks of a thousand meetings and a checklist of buzzwords.

I was trying to be optimistic about this reimagining but this is a horrid start. And leaning so hard into the salt mine story seems very strange given the very real history there. Not sure how they get away without addressing it and still make it a light, fun ride. So weird.

Also the film has excellent music, but this all takes place post-film, so I guess they won't be using any of that. Not to mention there were so many beautiful cool atmospheric settings that could have worked really well on the dark inside of the mountain (Facilier's place, Mama Odie's place with all the glass bottles, the bayou itself, etc). I really enjoy PaTF but this description sounds....not great for me personally. It would be nice to have Randy Newman on board to create music just for the ride.

I do appreciate that they are trying to do a continuation of the story and not just the typical "let's look at the movie in a super abbreviated dark ride format" but I dunno. Just doesn't sound exciting. Hopefully they pull it off.

I mean, there's also been a lot of PC-or-not related controversy about Dr. Facilier, and Disney is retheming this ride largely in part to move away from that type of thing. So, I get it.
......huh. Not saying the controversy isn't real but that's the first I'm hearing of that. It's still a bummer since Friends on the Other Side could've been awesome for the last drop.

I hope the retheme is good but I do have my worries. The fact that Disney showed their plans for the retheme to OLC (owners of Tokyo Disney) so they could retheme their Splash too and OLC said no says something IMO.

......huh. Not saying the controversy isn't real but that's the first I'm hearing of that. It's still a bummer since Friends on the Other Side could've been awesome for the last drop.

I hope the retheme is good but I do have my worries. The fact that Disney showed their plans for the retheme to OLC (owners of Tokyo Disney) so they could retheme their Splash too and OLC said no says something IMO.
Haven't seen it discussed much on Disney specific groups, mostly elsewhere and in other group-specific forums.

I was hoping they would change the seats a bit from Shanghai since Americans tend to be more... Substantial. Apparently not.
For safety reasons they probably couldn't. IMO the worst part is Disney having to refund a lot of guests who buy LL and can't ride.

For safety reasons they probably couldn't. IMO the worst part is Disney having to refund a lot of guests who buy LL and can't ride.
You're probably right. It's going to be a major headache, and I really feel bad for the CMs who will have to deal with all of the inevitable screaming they will have to endure for a problem they have absolutely nothing to do with.

You're probably right. It's going to be a major headache, and I really feel bad for the CMs who will have to deal with all of the inevitable screaming they will have to endure for a problem they have absolutely nothing to do with.
They do have a test seat out front. So hopefully most will actually try it out before having the walk of shame. IMO people not being able to ride isn't the issue but people not understanding this is normal for coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter