Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Maybe... I don't know. Maybe it's just a refurb. That's the issue with Tiana in MK - it doesn't fit Frontierland. It totally fits New Orleans Square at DL. I wish they would do something different with each of them. They're different anyway.
Splash Mountain is TN. The new Tiana ride will be the Louisiana bayou. Both were frontiers at one point as settlers pushed west, I think it's fine. I just hope they repaint the earth bits because Splash has red clay dirt given that it's TN, but in Louisiana it should be more brown earth.

MV5BNDA4NmY0YWYtMDg2My00YzJiLTkyYTQtYjNkMWMwNmQ5ZjAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMwMjk0MTQ@._V1_.jpg
TIL Patrick Swayze looks ridiculous with a mustache 😂😂

Splash Mountain is TN. The new Tiana ride will be the Louisiana bayou. Both were frontiers at one point as settlers pushed west, I think it's fine. I just hope they repaint the earth bits because Splash has red clay dirt given that it's TN, but in Louisiana it should be more brown earth.

It's more the timeframe for The Princess and the Frog that doesn't work - it's the 1920s. I can bend on teh basic premise for the rid, I jsut don't want to see the rest of Frontierland become a New Orleans city style place. It's just different.

Doesn't Song of the South (the movie Splash is based on) take place in Georgia? I don’t think Georgia was the frontier.

Doesn't Song of the South (the movie Splash is based on) take place in Georgia? I don’t think Georgia was the frontier.

The live action parts do, but the cartoon parts are old folk tales and don't really take place anywhere. Still the timeframe is closer. Like I said, I don't mind a little stretch for one ride, I just don't want to see it spread across the area.

One note, Splash at DL is NOT in Frontierland, but rather in Critter Country. It is adjacent to New Orleans Square though so I think it's being annexed, leaving only Winnie the Pooh in Critter Country.

Last edited:
The live action parts do, but the cartoon parts are old folk tales and don't really take place anywhere. Still the timeframe is closer. Like I said, I don't mind a little stretch for one ride, I just don't want to see it spread across the area.

One note, Splash at DL is NOT in Frontierland, but rather in Critter Country. It is adjacent to New Orleans Square though so I think it's being annexed, leaving only Winnie the Pooh in Critter Country.
Yeah, Song of the South is Georgia but the cartoon stories are not necessarily. I had read that for the ride the particular story took place in TN, but I can't find where I read that anymore. Regardless, you're right about the time period for Tiana not fitting. And I guess it didn't fit quite well before either. I agree with you 100%, I hope Frontier Land stays in the frontier and we don't get New Orleans spreading out somehow.

I think the best Frontier Land is that of DL Paris because the story of both Haunted Mansion and BTMRR are so nicely interconnected and stay well within a traditional US frontier town story.

Have they announced when we can book the dessert parties for Happily Ever After? I have googled and searched twitter and found nothing. I figured April 3rd would probably be a straight media event and impossible to get but would love to get it for the opening day of Tron on April 4th.

Have they announced when we can book the dessert parties for Happily Ever After? I have googled and searched twitter and found nothing. I figured April 3rd would probably be a straight media event and impossible to get but would love to get it for the opening day of Tron on April 4th.
Good question! I would also like to know. I'm aiming for one around my birthday in April.

Actually, I just watched something that indicated the reason the mountain was painted the color it was in MK, was because they wanted it to blend in better with BTMRR next door. We'll have to see if today's imagineers have the same attention to detail they did back then.

Actually, I just watched something that indicated the reason the mountain was painted the color it was in MK, was because they wanted it to blend in better with BTRRM next door. We'll have to see if today's imagineers have the same attention to detail they did back then.

RIght, and BTMRR is on the otehr side of the rivers from Spalsh at DL. It also has a slightly different style of rocks and coloring - they always wanted to make them fit in to the area.

Actually, I just watched something that indicated the reason the mountain was painted the color it was in MK, was because they wanted it to blend in better with BTMRR next door. We'll have to see if today's imagineers have the same attention to detail they did back then.
They got very lucky with accuracy then! I can attest that the soil under my grass in north Georgia is that color orange 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter