Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they just need to let us actually schedule things and I (mostly) won’t complain about G+ anymore
I think that's super unlikely seeing as that's a perk of ILL+. Those people are paying more per ride, and that price tag comes with an increased priviledge to select the time they want.

Day of fastpass or even maxpass never included a "choose your time" option. That only existed in FP+ ever which never existed on the West Coast

I think that's super unlikely seeing as that's a perk of ILL+. Those people are paying more per ride, and that price tag comes with an increased priviledge to select the time they want.

Day of fastpass or even maxpass never included a "choose your time" option. That only existed in FP+ ever which never existed on the West Coast
Thank all the gods for that.

Additional info on the changes:

Important: You will only be able to modify G+ LL to other G+ LL at the same park where original G+ LL was made. If you want to modify to a G+ LL at a different park, you have to cancel and book.

When the feature officially launches, you'll notice a "..." on your Genie+ LL selection. You will tap "...", "select "Modify Plan," and you'll see other available Genie+ LL times. You can then select the new attraction/time.

An example for the same park Genie+ modification rule:

You book Genie+ LL for Space Mountain. You can modify the LL to other attractions/times at Magic Kingdom. If you want to book a Genie+ LL at EPCOT/AK/DHS, you have to cancel Space Mountain before booking LL at those parks.

And what about that 120-minute rule and modifications? Modifications will not reset the 120-minute timer. All the existing rules will still apply.

Scott Gustin Twitter

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Popcorn Bucket now available at Disney Springs

View attachment 723318

You can find the popcorn bucket at Exposition Park, behind Starbucks on the West Side.
The way they handled selling this was a bit ridiculous. Our 1st MK day was day of release. All day long the app kept telling us we needed to be closer to the Emporium to do the Mobile Order (MO was the only way to purchase). On our way out of MK we stopped by the Emporium to place MO but nope, still didn’t work. We had 4:30pm HDDR so decided to just try again on our 2nd MK day. We remembered that afternoon to try again. Went over and tried MO from inside the Emporium again to no avail. Asked a couple CMs about it but nobody knew anything. We had a few more things to do before leaving, then went back and got on line at Emporium. That CM didn’t know and asked the manager, who told us to try the popcorn cart since they likely know more about popcorn bucket specifics. Go over there, get on line and ask. That CM said we needed to place the Mobile Order around the direct area of that popcorn cart, but it was 6:15pm and Mr Toad bucket can only be ordered through Mobile Order before 6pm. :rotfl2: Did not purchase because we could not, an not for a lack of trying.

The way they handled selling this was a bit ridiculous. Our 1st MK day was day of release. All day long the app kept telling us we needed to be closer to the Emporium to do the Mobile Order (MO was the only way to purchase). On our way out of MK we stopped by the Emporium to place MO but nope, still didn’t work. We had 4:30pm HDDR so decided to just try again on our 2nd MK day. We remembered that afternoon to try again. Went over and tried MO from inside the Emporium again to no avail. Asked a couple CMs about it but nobody knew anything. We had a few more things to do before leaving, then went back and got on line at Emporium. That CM didn’t know and asked the manager, who told us to try the popcorn cart since they likely know more about popcorn bucket specifics. Go over there, get on line and ask. That CM said we needed to place the Mobile Order around the direct area of that popcorn cart, but it was 6:15pm and Mr Toad bucket can only be ordered through Mobile Order before 6pm. :rotfl2: Did not purchase because we could not, an not for a lack of trying.

Sometimes Disney's process makes zero sense.

Take another example, this time at Disneyland on Sunday. I wanted to do the VQ for the handmade candy canes and they required you to make a PHYSICAL line to join the VQ. I decided not to because the line was from the Candy Palace into Adventureland - ridiculous. What is the point of a VQ if you're going to make people wait in line as well?

Sometimes Disney's process makes zero sense.

Take another example, this time at Disneyland on Sunday. I wanted to do the VQ for the handmade candy canes and they required you to make a PHYSICAL line to join the VQ. I decided not to because the line was from the Candy Palace into Adventureland - ridiculous. What is the point of a VQ if you're going to make people wait in line as well?
And then watch… find out they had so much inventory left they sent it to Downtown Disney, lol!

What's funny is one youtuber placed a mobile order for it from her home, and i'm 99.9% sure she doesn't live in MK lol

That is insane given the amount of work done by those volunteers. The runDisney events wouldn't be possible without them. This makes Disney look greedy and cheap.
Wonder if this was put in place while Cheapek was still there? I think they will find that people will just not turn up or not even bother next year if it’s not reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter