Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUMOR:

Are New Parking Lot Names Coming to EPCOT?

A permit has been filed by Walt Disney Imagineering for the installation of parking lot signs at six different locations in the EPCOT parking lot. Could this permit point to new parking lot names at EPCOT?

As we look forward to EPCOT’s 40th Anniversary on October 1, 2022, the park is still very much in the midst of a massive transformation. From a new roller coaster this past Spring to an entirely new central plaza area still under construction, EPCOT is getting a facelift. The question that this permit raises is: will the facelift include new parking lot names?

Keep in mind that we’re also tracking a possible new parking lot added to the mix as well as EPCOT continues to expand.

Disneyland News:

Disney Casting Mysterious New Role for Avengers Campus

Disneyland has posted an audition for a mysterious “New Role” for an Avengers Campus character. The limited-run offering is scheduled for November 2022 through early January 2023 and calls for a tall male actor who plays an African Warrior and Chieftain. Of course, that aligns with the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever timeline of a November 11, 2022 release date.

The audition doesn’t name the character, which is a departure from previous auditions. Instead, it simply lists “New Role”.

Just FYI, I searched for something that took me to Disney's official website just now, and a survey popped up. In it was a question about whether I would rather pick a park for each day of my trip, or to just pick a start day and be able to go to any park. Just thought it was interesting, and maybe they really will think about dropping the reservation system. Also, it they (through asking other questions) tied it in with asking about health and safety measures.

Just FYI, I searched for something that took me to Disney's official website just now, and a survey popped up. In it was a question about whether I would rather pick a park for each day of my trip, or to just pick a start day and be able to go to any park. Just thought it was interesting, and maybe they really will think about dropping the reservation system. Also, it they (through asking other questions) tied it in with asking about health and safety measures.

Well, I hope you gave the right ansewer to that! 😁

Last edited:
I really want them to drop the park reservation system and/or change the park hopping times. For most trips I can deal with the reservations but my upcoming runDisney trips are really proving a dilemma. I have a solo trip for Wine & Dine race weekend coming up and I probably would want to spend a lot of time midday exploring the Food & Wine festival, which I've never been to. But I'm not 100% sure how I'll feel each day after the races. I could make a reservation for EPCOT each day, but then I'm "stuck" at that park until 2pm each day. I can make a reservation elsewhere and expect to park hop to EPCOT around 2pm, but then I have to go to the first park just to park hop later. If I'm not feeling like going to that park, I still have to tap in just to park hop. It's annoying!

I really want them to drop the park reservation system and/or change the park hopping times. For most trips I can deal with the reservations but my upcoming runDisney trips are really proving a dilemma. I have a solo trip for Wine & Dine race weekend coming up and I probably would want to spend a lot of time midday exploring the Food & Wine festival, which I've never been to. But I'm not 100% sure how I'll feel each day after the races. I could make a reservation for EPCOT each day, but then I'm "stuck" at that park until 2pm each day. I can make a reservation elsewhere and expect to park hop to EPCOT around 2pm, but then I have to go to the first park just to park hop later. If I'm not feeling like going to that park, I still have to tap in just to park hop. It's annoying!
Yes, the Park Hopping limitation is really impacting my trips in a negative way. We open parks, and have no desire to hang out til 2 in the same park we open at the crack of dawn. Maybe the survey is a setup lol but I hope not, I hope they are really wanting to see people's opinions.

I got the same question yesterday.

RUMOR:

Are New Parking Lot Names Coming to EPCOT?

A permit has been filed by Walt Disney Imagineering for the installation of parking lot signs at six different locations in the EPCOT parking lot. Could this permit point to new parking lot names at EPCOT?

As we look forward to EPCOT’s 40th Anniversary on October 1, 2022, the park is still very much in the midst of a massive transformation. From a new roller coaster this past Spring to an entirely new central plaza area still under construction, EPCOT is getting a facelift. The question that this permit raises is: will the facelift include new parking lot names?

Keep in mind that we’re also tracking a possible new parking lot added to the mix as well as EPCOT continues to expand.

Are we now in for parking lots named Anna, Elsa, Groot, Rocket, Figment, Mulan, etc.? Or do we think they'll rename a few for the newer areas of the park?

Disney Enchantment Moving to Earlier Showtime Beginning October 17th

According to Disney World, the Disney Enchantment fireworks spectacular will be moving to an earlier showtime in mid-October. Starting October 17th, Disney Enchantment will be presented at 8:15pm. Currently, Disney Enchantment is presented at 9pm. Here’s the breakdown:
  • Now – October 15th: 9pm
  • Starting October 17th: 8:15pm
Disney Enchantment is not shown on nights when Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is scheduled at Magic Kingdom.

Are we now in for parking lots named Anna, Elsa, Groot, Rocket, Figment, Mulan, etc.? Or do we think they'll rename a few for the newer areas of the park?
Another idea for names: Uncle Remus, Aunt Tempy, Br'er Rabbit, Br'er Fox, Br'er Bear, Mr. Bluebird, Ginny Favers, Jake Favers and Joe Favers.

I had an interesting survey in my email this morning. Yesterday we booked a stay in September using the Disney+ offer so it was a survey asking about the discount and questions about the streaming service. I’ve never had a survey before my trip like that. Lots of questions asking about if the offer was why we booked the trip and if we would’ve gone without a discount. If having the offer impacts me having Disney+. Things like that. Asked what other streaming services we use. Asked if making park reservations impacted me booking a stay

Disneyland News:

Disney Casting Mysterious New Role for Avengers Campus

Disneyland has posted an audition for a mysterious “New Role” for an Avengers Campus character. The limited-run offering is scheduled for November 2022 through early January 2023 and calls for a tall male actor who plays an African Warrior and Chieftain. Of course, that aligns with the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever timeline of a November 11, 2022 release date.

The audition doesn’t name the character, which is a departure from previous auditions. Instead, it simply lists “New Role”.

Based on plot rumors from Wakanda Forever, I'm thinking this may be casting for M'Baku ... I think that would also be a new role for the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter