Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is reminiscent of the Minnie Van signage making it through refurbs, that ended up being a prelude to the return of Minnie Vans when everyone was certain it was gone and Disney has sold the fleet. Is it possible? I know execs have stated numerous times they didn't expect the backlash they got over removing DME. I just talked to someone who was planning a trip to WDW and didn't realize DME was gone and was quite upset they would have to fork over a few hundred more for airport transportation.

This is reminiscent of the Minnie Van signage making it through refurbs, that ended up being a prelude to the return of Minnie Vans when everyone was certain it was gone and Disney has sold the fleet. Is it possible? I know execs have stated numerous times they didn't expect the backlash they got over removing DME. I just talked to someone who was planning a trip to WDW and didn't realize DME was gone and was quite upset they would have to fork over a few hundred more for airport transportation.
It would be a dream come true if park execs would eat some humble pie and bring back DME. Just admit it was a mistake to remove it, mistakes were made, etc. I really miss DME.

Mickey Jack-o’-Lantern Wreaths Added to Magic Kingdom Hub for Halloween 2022

The Halloween celebrations have already begun, but fall decorating is not quite complete. 50th anniversary wreaths featuring Cinderella’s Carriage were already added to Main Street, U.S.A. and the exterior of the Magic Kingdom Hub. Disney has now added their iconic Mickey jack-o’-lantern wreaths to the Hub, too.

View attachment 695059
Call me crazy, but shouldn't ALL of the Halloween/Fall decor been out by the first Halloween party?

These were in the wrong pile. Haven't you lost decorations in your basement before? :-)

I swear, I inevitably find one Halloween thing at the bottom of a bin when I'm switching to Thanksgiving.
And then there's that random leprechaun that somehow ended up with the Christmas stuff. In our house we just decided to put him up at Christmas anyway, saying he got drunk and beat up our Elf on the Shelf.

Frozen Sing-Along Refurbishment Removed from Schedule at Hollywood Studios

The planned refurbishment for the Frozen Sing-Along at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been removed from the refurbishment schedule completely. Originally scheduled to take place from August 22 to September 9, 2022, showtimes have been added for those dates after being removed for refurbishment. A note about the planned refurbishment is still on the Walt Disney World website this morning, but will likely be removed.

The refurbishment was originally announced in early July before being shortened just a couple weeks later. Now, it looks like the refurbishment has been delayed indefinitely.
Not sad about this! I love this show and a great cool down spot! Hope to catch it next week!

Beverly Sunset Boutique Reopens After 9-Month Closure

Beverly Sunset Boutique has reopened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios after closing in November 2021 with reported inventory issues. The shop still sells mostly Pixar merchandise, with some miscellaneous 50th Anniversary items and some baby gear.

beverly-sunset-boutique-august-2022-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter