Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney World Union Begins New Contract Negotiations Next Week

Unite Here Local 362 has announced that they will begin contract negotiations with Walt Disney World management next week. Their current contract, which went into effect in September 2017, ends October 1, 2022. Local 362 is an affiliate of the Service Trades Council Union (STCU) which currently represents 41,000 Cast Members at Walt Disney World.
Great timing. Should be no issue for Disney to share some of their enormous profits with the people that make it happen.

Disneyland News:​

New Magic Key Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket Debuts at the Disneyland Resort

Now that we know Magic Key passes will be able to be renewed, it’s time to celebrate at the Disneyland Resort with a new popcorn bucket!

magic key popcorn bucket 1

Magic Key Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket – $18.25​

magic key popcorn bucket 2

The bucket is shiny and pink, with yellow ears inspired by the Magic Key logo. This is the second bucket exclusive to Magic Key holders, as the first one was released in September 2021.

magic key popcorn bucket 5

Last edited:

Disneyland News:​

New Magic Key Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket Debuts at the Disneyland Resort

Now that we know Magic Key passes will be able to be renewed, it’s time to celebrate at the Disneyland Resort with a new popcorn bucket!

magic key popcorn bucket 1

Magic Key Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket – $18.25​

magic key popcorn bucket 2

The bucket is shiny and pink, with yellow ears inspired by the Magic Key logo. This is the second bucket exclusive to Magic Key holders, as the first one was released in September 2021.

magic key popcorn bucket 5
I was surprised to learn on our trip there that they do not do the popcorn bucket refills like at WDW. I got the Pete’s dragon bucket while there and lugged it around thinking I could refill it, but nope $30 for the one shot.

I was surprised to learn on our trip there that they do not do the popcorn bucket refills like at WDW. I got the Pete’s dragon bucket while there and lugged it around thinking I could refill it, but nope $30 for the one shot.
They typically offer $1.50 refills for AP holders 1-2 times per year. You buy the special popcorn bucket and for a couple of months they offer the discounted refill. But they haven’t done that since the parks reopened 😞

Buildings Get Wrapped at Journey of Water Inspired by ‘Moana’ in EPCOT

It feels like every day brings something new to the site of Journey of Water inspired by “Moana” at EPCOT, with the latest change focused on the building-like structures.

journey of water construction 8 15 22 3

On the northern end of the site, dirt is piling up for what’s expected to be the pathways along a lush forest of trees that will lead to the interactive walkway.

journey of water construction 8 15 22 6

1660785875143.jpeg

when I saw it in person for the first time. I always had an emotional reaction as soon as that song started… and I still do. I miss it so much.
Me, too! I had just been through an extremely hard time in my life the first time I saw the fireworks. We were dining at Cali Grill, so we didn't even see the projections the first time. As I listened to the song, watched the fireworks and I looked out over my happy place, I realized things were working out and we could be happy again.

I watch Enchantment, and nothing. I really want to like it. But it is just missing something.

As I listened to the song, watched the fireworks and I looked out over my happy place, I realized things were working out and we could be happy again.

I watch Enchantment, and nothing. I really want to like it. But it is just missing something.
Don't want to derail this with fireworks discussions (Go Italian Subs!)

Wishes was the fireworks show in 2004 when we first started going to MK after adopting our son. (We never went to MK before having a kid because "it is a kid park. Oh so wrong!!!). For the next 10+ years, seeing Wishes on our arrival day was a family tradition. Every time, I would tear up, by the end, as I hugged my wife and son. I was disappointed when Wishes ended, but I came to love HEA. The technology was so much better and there was a great "story". I watch Wishes and HEA back to back on YouTube and it is funny how "simple" Wishes feels now. Still great and emotional, but simple.

I have seen Enchanted several times, listened to the music and watched it a bunch on YouTube... Nothing... It just doesn't seem to have a "story" and it just doesn't do anything for me.

It is nice they are plussing it with some archival Walt footage, but I think it will come across as "lipstick on a pig". Maybe not, but I think the show needs a complete redo and needs some "heart" added in.

j

CSL Portrait Experience Price Jumps to $399 on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

After being offered for more than 6 months at an introductory rate of $99, BlogMickey.com has learned that the price of the CSL Portrait Experience private photo session will be increasing to $399.

Cast Members confirmed that the change in price will take place for cruise dates starting October 17th. As of today, Disney is not selling the CSL Portrait Experience beyond October 16th as they roll out the price change. We have been told that the price change is based on the cruise date, not on the booking date, so there is no way to lock in the introductory rate if you have a cruise past October 16th. Here are the high-level details of the CSL Portrait Experience:

• Price: $99 (introductory rate through October 16); $399 for cruise dates starting October 17th and beyond
  • Duration: 30 minutes
  • Booking: CSL Portrait Experience is limited and only bookable by phone ahead of your voyage

CSL Portrait Experience Price Jumps to $399 on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

After being offered for more than 6 months at an introductory rate of $99, BlogMickey.com has learned that the price of the CSL Portrait Experience private photo session will be increasing to $399.

Cast Members confirmed that the change in price will take place for cruise dates starting October 17th. As of today, Disney is not selling the CSL Portrait Experience beyond October 16th as they roll out the price change. We have been told that the price change is based on the cruise date, not on the booking date, so there is no way to lock in the introductory rate if you have a cruise past October 16th. Here are the high-level details of the CSL Portrait Experience:

• Price: $99 (introductory rate through October 16); $399 for cruise dates starting October 17th and beyond
  • Duration: 30 minutes
  • Booking: CSL Portrait Experience is limited and only bookable by phone ahead of your voyage
That's a hefty increase!

Frozen Sing-Along Refurbishment Removed from Schedule at Hollywood Studios

The planned refurbishment for the Frozen Sing-Along at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been removed from the refurbishment schedule completely. Originally scheduled to take place from August 22 to September 9, 2022, showtimes have been added for those dates after being removed for refurbishment. A note about the planned refurbishment is still on the Walt Disney World website this morning, but will likely be removed.

The refurbishment was originally announced in early July before being shortened just a couple weeks later. Now, it looks like the refurbishment has been delayed indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts