Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Saturday!! 🥳🥳

View attachment 679124
View attachment 679123
In WDW with my son so it's a good Saturday! Staying at Wilderness Lodge and in the lobby yesterday there were meet and greets with Eeyore, Mr Smee, a Mary Poppins Penguin and Rafiki! I love when they do stuff like that. Makes it seem like random "magic" can happen anywhere/anytime.

In WDW with my son so it's a good Saturday! Staying at Wilderness Lodge and in the lobby yesterday there were meet and greets with Eeyore, Mr Smee, a Mary Poppins Penguin and Rafiki! I love when they do stuff like that. Makes it seem like random "magic" can happen anywhere/anytime.
Yes- we’re getting ready to leave Jambo House and we’ve had Goofy, Pluto, Donald and Chip and Dale here a few afternoons roaming in the lobby.

My 6 year old DD is VERY into The Lion King currently. Other than the Festival of the Lion King at AK, are there any other Lion King themed activities there or any other park? Any meets and greets?

I really hope this closes in January and not before then. At least be open for my November trip!
I feel as though at least one or both coasts will close sometime shortly after d23 in September if not sooner
My 6 year old DD is VERY into The Lion King currently. Other than the Festival of the Lion King at AK, are there any other Lion King themed activities there or any other park? Any meets and greets?
Lion King scene in philharmagic & characters in adventure friend’s cavalcade in magic

Topiary’s in Epcot if you’d trip is before July 4th

Meets not back yet in DAK but characters may still appear in flotillas

I don’t think there is presence in studios aside from maybe the animation projection show

I really hope this closes in January and not before then. At least be open for my November trip!
I hope so too. My family just planned a Christmas trip so I would like to see it one more time before the closure. I do think it's sad that the ride itself has been kept in such a rough shape for so long though. I rode it in May and a lot of the animatronics and effects were not working.

Disneyland Paris News:

Disneyland Paris Warns of Smoked Salmon Recall, Urges Guests to Report Any Symptoms

Disneyland Paris discovered the presence of Listeria Monocytogene in their smoked salmon during a quality check. The disease was traced back to one of the suppliers of the smoked salmon.
Though Disneyland Paris has removed this product from the parks and hotels, they warn guests that visited between June 2 and June 17 to report any fevers or headaches.

I hope so too. My family just planned a Christmas trip so I would like to see it one more time before the closure. I do think it's sad that the ride itself has been kept in such a rough shape for so long though. I rode it in May and a lot of the animatronics and effects were not working.
We noticed a lot not working in April and May too. The whole jumping water thing was gone. In April there was no water running in that part at all. In May the turtles had water under them but no jumping water.

We noticed a lot not working in April and May too. The whole jumping water thing was gone. In April there was no water running in that part at all. In May the turtles had water under them but no jumping water.
We were on it last night and it was the same. An entire Brer Rabbit animatronic was missing and that area you’re referring to was the same- water under about half the turtles but they were stationary and no jumping water at all. Also no extra blasts to water from the Briar Patch as the boats came down. It needs some love!

We were on it last night and it was the same. An entire Brer Rabbit animatronic was missing and that area you’re referring to was the same- water under about half the turtles but they were stationary and no jumping water at all. Also no extra blasts to water from the Briar Patch as the boats came down. It needs some love!
That's a shame. I don't remember the last time I've seen that hopping Briar Rabbit work. I wish the ride got the fixes it deserves but I doubt they'll dedicate time and money to that with the refurb on the way. It especially stinks since I've been on the version in Tokyo and everything was 100% working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter