Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christine McCarthy Says We Could See More ‘Encanto’ in Disney Parks Soon

At the MoffettNathanson 9th Annual Media & Communications Summit, Christine McCarthy, Senior Executive Vice President and CFO of The Walt Disney Company, said we could see “Encanto” in the Disney Parks “soon.”

“Something that’s not yet really in the parks, but I think you will see it soon, is something like ‘Encanto,'” McCarthy said. “It was really just wonderful, and the music, you know, that—elements of that could be incorporated into the park experience.”

Honestly though, many guests have demonstrated that they will pay whatever price - I am not sure it would actually limit the majority of guests from getting it unless it were exhorbitant. Most people now see 15 bucks as a drop int he bucket to an overall WDW vacation - 20 or 25 isn't going to stop them!

Random thought, do you think they will attempt to do something like Univeral does with their premier resorts and Genie +? If you don't stay at a premier resort there the "fast pass" system is $200 per ticket per day. The whole extended evening hours to stay at a deluxe resort doesn't make me want to pay the price tag to stay there, but if you add and free genie + or fast passes it makes me consider it. Still the price for a universal premier is about the price of a deluxe at Disney. Just a thought.

Random thought, do you think they will attempt to do something like Univeral does with their premier resorts and Genie +? If you don't stay at a premier resort there the "fast pass" system is $200 per ticket per day. The whole extended evening hours to stay at a deluxe resort doesn't make me want to pay the price tag to stay there, but if you add and free genie + or fast passes it makes me consider it. Still the price for a universal premier is about the price of a deluxe at Disney. Just a thought.

There's no telling, but they've gotta do something to increase the perceived value (and actual value). It's clear too many people are using it and then nobody can get much out of it.

At the MoffettNathanson 9th Annual Media & Communications Summit, Christine McCarthy, Senior Executive Vice President and CFO of The Walt Disney Company, said we could see “Encanto” in the Disney Parks “soon.”

“Something that’s not yet really in the parks, but I think you will see it soon, is something like ‘Encanto,'” McCarthy said. “It was really just wonderful, and the music, you know, that—elements of that could be incorporated into the park experience.”
My absolute dream Encanto attraction would be akin to Mystic Manor in Hong Kong where you go through the Madrigal house. I think that would be really awesome but I don't think current Disney leadership would want to give the budget that kind of ride would need. We'll probably get a reskin of the Tarzan treehouse in DL or something :L

Disney+ Announces New Elton John Documentary

Disney just announced a new documentary based on the iconic performer Elton John called Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: The Final Elton John Performances and the Years That Made His Legend. The documentary will feature concert footage from the past 50 years as well as hand-written journals and footage of Elton John and his family.

The documentary will also cover performances from Elton John’s farewell tour and his final months on the road, ending with his final show in North America in Los Angeles at Dodger Stadium in November.

Raise prices and say we're getting more for our money because they're going to Cap it at some imaginary # never to be revealed.

But it is already capped which is why I don't get this. Unless there's a ton of people buying it and getting zero rides from it why would they need to cap it. The number of "fp" available for a ride is capped now just as it was with fp+ when everyone had access to it. It's not as if selling more genie suddenly has more fp in the bucket for people to pick.

I wish they'd just bring back FP+ and charge $15 a day for that. It worked well IMHO.

I completely agree. I get people didn't like picking them so early but it seeks far easier than all this nonsense. To me it wasn't broken it just didn't allow them to monetize it. I'd much rather go back to knowing I can do three rides than having to stay up or get up to buy genie everyday in hopes I can get at least 2 of the rides I want to go on.

Dates and Details Announced for Cast Member EARidescent Evenings at Walt Disney World

Cast Members will be able to choose one of the fifteen available dates and bring one guest with them. The events will happen at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios after the park closes to regular guests. Attractions and character appearances will be available.

Here are the dates for Cast Member EARidescent Evenings:

Magic Kingdom​

• Tuesday, June 7
  • Thursday, June 9
  • Thursday, June 16
  • Tuesday, June 28
  • Thursday, June 30

Disney’s Hollywood Studios​

• Friday, June 10
  • Wednesday, June 29
  • Monday, July 18
  • Monday, August 8
  • Sunday, August 21

EPCOT​

• Wednesday, July 20
  • Wednesday, July 27
  • Wednesday, August 10
  • Tuesday, August 23
  • Tuesday, August 30

Encanto is the new Frozen.

But it is already capped which is why I don't get this. Unless there's a ton of people buying it and getting zero rides from it why would they need to cap it. The number of "fp" available for a ride is capped now just as it was with fp+ when everyone had access to it. It's not as if selling more genie suddenly has more fp in the bucket for people to pick.

I completely agree. I get people didn't like picking them so early but it seeks far easier than all this nonsense. To me it wasn't broken it just didn't allow them to monetize it. I'd much rather go back to knowing I can do three rides than having to stay up or get up to buy genie everyday in hopes I can get at least 2 of the rides I want to go on.
If less people have Genie+, then there will more availability for those that do have it.

Yeah ... I don't get this decision. Especially since I've read of various issues of people trying to add G+ after midnight or day of. Disney IT is bad enough already, but it may get even worse when the system crashes as everyone is trying to add G+ at the same time every day along making the G+ reservations.

I already added G+ to my November trip as well ... I don't think I needed for every day of the trip, but figured I'd pre-book it before a price increase which I still think is likely before Nov
Is there a pace to add genie+ to an existing package,,,I have hoppers added to my tickets but don't know how to add genie+ to my package

‘Lightyear’ Sneak Peek Coming May 20 to Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

To infinity, and beyond! A new sneak peek at the upcoming Disney/Pixar film “Lightyear”is headed to Disney’s Hollywood Studios later this week as we approach the film’s release next month.

The “Lightyear” sneak peek will take over at Walt Disney Presents… in Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting May 20, and “Lightyear” releases exclusively in theaters on June 17. The sneak peek will also come to Disneyland Paris and the Disney Cruise Line at a later date.

Mirabel from ‘Encanto’ Returns to Enchant at Paradise Gardens Park in Disney California Adventure

Mirabel, the star of Disney’s ‘Encanto,’ returns to welcome guests, at Disney California Adventure. The heroine’s Meet-and-Greet can be found at Paradise Gardens Park.

oscar-1-1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a pace to add genie+ to an existing package,,,I have hoppers added to my tickets but don't know how to add genie+ to my package
Not sure about the app, but on the website, go to My Disney Experience, My Plans, Change Reservation, Change Theme Park Tickets, and scroll down to choose Park Hopper with Genie+ (or whatever modification you would like to make).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter