Disney movies for toddler?

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
We are bringing our daughter to WDW for her 3rd bday in January. She has read some Disney books but hasn't watched any movies/shows. Any recommendations on any best ones appropriate for her age that she might recognize most in WDW? I love WDW but am not huge in the movies (I know, I know) so any recommendations would be great!

Frozen, Peter Pan. Around that age my daughter also started watching Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, and Snow White. She did not like the Ursula or the Wicked Stepmother though so I had to fast forward those parts.

If you have Disney+ you have tons of options. I agree with any of the Winnie the Pooh shows or movies. Mickey mouse clubhouse will ahve Mickey and friends and not scary like some of the movies can be. Tinkerbelle movies are cute.

My 2 1/2 year old loves Tangled, Frozen, Winnie the Pooh and Moana best. Also the Mickey Mouse shows on Disney Junior (she likes the new Mixed Up Adventures a lot!)

I'm pretty sure the first Disney movie my children watched was Mary Poppins with Fantasia following soon after at least for the oldest since it was showing in theaters on a limited basis at the time. Winnie the Pooh would have been a great choice if available as well.

Cinderella. My DD loved it at that age. She wanted to watch it about every day. There was nothing in it that scared her. Peter Pan was another one she really liked at that age.

We just got Disney+ and my SIL and 2 year old DGD were really enjoying Bambi the other morning.
ETA - I don't remember much opportunity to run into Bambi characters so maybe not the best option.

Last edited:
We have a 2 year old and 3 year old who love Toy Story for sure the most. A lot of the other movies they've been scared of the villains or asked for fast forwarding through certain parts. They did like a lot of the non-cartoon Beauty and the Beast but again, lots of skipping parts.

They do like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the basic characters and they still enjoyed meeting all the characters on our last trip- though were a little clueless on some. I swear even my 5 year old daughter doesn't know who the Disney princesses are (maybe aside from Belle, Snow White) because I haven't been able to get them to sit through any of those movies. She totally can't tell the difference between Cinderella or Rapunzel.

Even though we aren't a big TV/movie family, nothing was lost and they were still super into the atmosphere!

My 4 year old has always loved the Toy Story movies. His first theater movie was Toy Story 4 this past summer.

Toy Story, Frozen, Cinderella, Little Mermaid and definitely Winnie the Pooh. Disney+ has the old Winnie the Pooh tv episodes too which my toddlers love.

In the Parks, my daughter was not quite 2 years old when we first took her. Big takeaways: Pooh and the Pooh area that used to exist where Many Adventures now does. Nemo in Epcot, or as she chanted for the whole drive home "Memo Memo". Pooh and Tigger meet and greets.

She was watching My Friends Tigger and Pooh back then and it is now back on Disney+. We had to buy Finding Nemo on DVD for the drive back home after her love of the Epcot ride.

To this day (now 12), she adores Pooh, Cars, Goofy and roller coasters, but grimly dislikes Princesses.

Movies are tough for little ones because they don't always have the attention span. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is great for an introduction to Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip & Dale, and it is very toddler friendly. Start there. Others you might want to consider are Toy Story, Lion King, Nemo. Try getting some Disney books too! This is a quick way to get kids familiarized with characters that won't require them sitting for 90 minutes +. My son loves a Snow White book we have, but I don't think he'd be interested in the movie.

Our grandson loved the YouTube song clips from the Disney movies when he was about two. You don't have to sit through the entire movie or know the story to enjoy the song portions of the movies.

Disney junior... Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Mickey and the Roadster Racers, Lion Guard, Doc McStuffins, etc. Some of those shows will help introduce them to other characters too..

For movies, Toy Story, Frozen, Tangled were the first my kids watched, but every movie with an intense part would have a chance at freaking them out a bit. (My son was scared of Marshmallow from Frozen, for example, even though he loved the rest of the movie).

Lots of great suggestions. Our 2-year old especially loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Pooh, Peter Pan, Cars 3 and Cinderella. These are the ones she watches on her own.

I have to sit with her and fast forward through the parts with Ursula in Little Mermaid, Marshmallow in Frozen and almost the entire final act of Toy Story. But she likes them enough to want to watch them again.

Thanks everyone on here for reminding me about Mary Poppins! I've got to add it to the kid's watchlist.

You can't go wrong with Disney+ to get caught up with all of them quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter