Disney Masks ... Predictable

Well, in comics, what it usually is is that a person has a predisposition to gaining the super powers, then a traumatic event unleashes it. The Gamma Rays would likely not have given anyone except Bruce Banner the Hulk powers, though they could give a different person some different powers depending - or maybe just kill them. It wasn't just the Gamma Rays that did it and it's basically not an event that can be recreated. That's just how comics physics works.

It's not just that, but the storyline is that his blood is "gamma charged" and he even passes on his Hulk powers partially to his cousin via an emergency blood transfusion. But yeah - comic book science will never really make any sense.

In Family Guy there was an episode where the Griffin family gets exposed to hazardous waste and end up with incredible powers that they use in very abusive ways. So Mayor Adam West decides that he'll try and douse himself in hazardous waste too in order to protect the city. Cut to a scene where a doctor says "You have lymphoma." Yep, that's what would probably happen.

Not that it really matters, but alpha and neutron radiation are ionizing as well. It’s just that alphas and neutrons are particles, and gammas are photons.

But yeah, none of them are gonna make you the Hulk. Ha.

Well - technically gamma rays are particles too. However, photons don't leave anything behind except maybe a path of destruction.

I've remember my radioactive decay lab in college for a physics class. We were studying decay by charging silver ingots in a plutonium-beryllium source. I was kind of worried about it. The sign on the lab door said that pregnant women might be excused. The source was actually in a galvanized steel trash can filled with paraffin wax. The lab assistants said it would block most of the neutrons from escaping although we charged the ingots by dropping them (via strings) in little tubes. We had a particle counter and I asked if I could test it. I got almost nothing near the door but as soon as I got it close to the can it started sounding like popcorn popping. That was the point I figured I shouldn't stand so close to it. But yeah - that's particle radiation for ya.

Ordered a few for our Dec trip incase it's still a thing. Also some for my husband who wears them at work for the foreseeable future. Worse case I'm sure I can repurpose them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter