Disney Magic - September 15 2019 - WBTA - Dover to NYC

Anybody been watching Dorian's projected path right through Nova Scotia? I wonder if the aftermath will impact anything on our cruise.

just popping by to give a weather update. Here in Dublin the temperatures have dropped from the summer highs and we are now heading to Autumn. Its about 65 F during the day, with a high chance of rain. Today I wore jeans, a sweater and a hoodie.

Dorian looks like it will go north and above the British isles. Also probably be past the ships route before we embark. Nothing is ever Certian.

just popping by to give a weather update. Here in Dublin the temperatures have dropped from the summer highs and we are now heading to Autumn. Its about 65 F during the day, with a high chance of rain. Today I wore jeans, a sweater and a hoodie.
Thanks! :thumbsup2

My husband and I were joking this morning about having to deal with Dorian a second time..... No thanks!:scared:
We prepared for a week and we were very lucky, hoping he's finally finished by then!

I've been tracking the weather in London, so excited for some beautiful crisp air.
Here in South Florida, it's been in the mid to upper 90's.

I've been tracking the weather in London, so excited for some beautiful crisp air.
Here in South Florida, it's been in the mid to upper 90's.

I wouldnt exactly call it crisp, just cool. I always find London temperatures are a few degrees warmer than most places. You would be better looking at the weather for Dover and Cork. Also most days are overcast, with grey skies, even on days when it dosn't rain. The rain makes it feel colder, so be prepared and bring rain jackets and layers.

DW is receiving info from a friend near Peggy’s Cove (where we have a planned excursion). They are getting the eye of the storm right now. It is not as strong as last week but it is still impacting them, power out and trees blowing. Will post an update when or if we get more info.

DW is receiving info from a friend near Peggy’s Cove (where we have a planned excursion). They are getting the eye of the storm right now. It is not as strong as last week but it is still impacting them, power out and trees blowing. Will post an update when or if we get more info.

I hope all is well for Halifax!

I wouldnt exactly call it crisp, just cool. I always find London temperatures are a few degrees warmer than most places. You would be better looking at the weather for Dover and Cork. Also most days are overcast, with grey skies, even on days when it dosn't rain. The rain makes it feel colder, so be prepared and bring rain jackets and layers.

I'm sure that isn't crispy to you, lol.
But thats a winter day here in SO. Fl. you would laugh at the people here on a 50 degree morning!!!
There are people who wear jackets when temps hit 78-80, we have thin blood. :rotfl2:

I didn’t hear anything about the British airways pilot strike until yesterday when I got a email. Flight flys out Thursday night out of Newark. Usually fly out of philly but this was a lot cheaper. My first flight with British airlines hopefully

We did the WBTA a few years ago out of Barcelona. It was warm enough to swim as we were crossing. Does everyone think this cruise is going to be cool the whole time or will it warm up a little once we start across the Atlantic toward Nova Scotia?

I'm sure that isn't crispy to you, lol.
But thats a winter day here in SO. Fl. you would laugh at the people here on a 50 degree morning!!!
There are people who wear jackets when temps hit 78-80, we have thin blood. :rotfl2:

Crisp to me is a dry cold like 25F which would be in central Europe like France or Germany. In UK and Ireland we get damp cold. September is only the start of Autumn, today will be around 55F and is cool and damp. I took this photo this morning while I was waiting for my bus. My grandpa would call it a soft Irish day, damp misty cool
IMG_20190909_083204.jpg

I didn’t hear anything about the British airways pilot strike until yesterday when I got a email. Flight flys out Thursday night out of Newark. Usually fly out of philly but this was a lot cheaper. My first flight with British airlines hopefully

Hope you have no issues! Safe Travels.

We did the WBTA a few years ago out of Barcelona. It was warm enough to swim as we were crossing. Does everyone think this cruise is going to be cool the whole time or will it warm up a little once we start across the Atlantic toward Nova Scotia?

We are hoping for some pool days as we get closer to NYC.

Fly out tonight on British airways. No mutiny from the pilots no mass call outs. Fly tonight from Newark 9:35 pm.
Called Disney yesterday and they wanted us to get to the pick up place for heathrow airport at 11. Called them today and see what times the first bus leaves to the port it’s at 9. 11 o’clock is too late probably takes 2 hours to get to the port.

Strike called in Paris tomorrow....that’s our planned Normandy day planned. We shall see how it plays out.

Tomorrow we fly from AMS to Gatwick, take the train to London, stay overnight, take the coach to Dover, stay overnight, and then, after waiting for so long, it is Sunday the 15th and we can go on The Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!