Disney Magic November 10th, 2019 Very MerryTime Cruise

Hello everyone! I am brand new to the forums and brand new to cruising! I actually am going on another cruise on a different cruise line one week before this one (for work) and I was told it was a good thing I was going to that one first and Disney second so that my other cruise wouldn't be ruined!

I am a 25 year old female and I was wondering if there were any other people going around my age. Not going with any partner or children or parents, just a work friend who also loves Disney! He will not be staying in San Juan, but I think I will want to stay a day or two to take advantage of being in Puerto Rico (for the first time!)

A little about me - I used to work for Disney. I worked in the parks for a college program and it was awesome! I worked at Electric Umbrella in Epcot and Rockin' Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios.

I haven't done too much research but I really want to meet people and participate in any exchanges and join any groups (FB?). So glad to have found this forum!

Tink, I hold one Palo, but its the first night at 6 pm. I got this reservation a week ago, but have been looking ever since and cant find a Palo on a later day or brunch Palo opening. I will take the first night, but keep checking daily to see if things open up for later in the cruise.

Looking at taking in Frozen on Broadway, Saturday night before the cruise. Disney Chase has some perks. We are staying right down the block from the theater, so I think we will enjoy this show. We love NYC, but only get there when we sail out of the city.

Tink, I hold one Palo, but its the first night at 6 pm. I got this reservation a week ago, but have been looking ever since and cant find a Palo on a later day or brunch Palo opening. I will take the first night, but keep checking daily to see if things open up for later in the cruise.

Looking at taking in Frozen on Broadway, Saturday night before the cruise. Disney Chase has some perks. We are staying right down the block from the theater, so I think we will enjoy this show. We love NYC, but only get there when we sail out of the city.
We have the same Disney Chase perks, but I am thinking about using our Costco vacation planning and doing the back stage Disney on Broadway. If you can't land a later Palo dinner, don't worry. When you board, you should be able to go in and change it that afternoon, as long as that is the first thing you do.

Hello everyone! I am brand new to the forums and brand new to cruising! I actually am going on another cruise on a different cruise line one week before this one (for work) and I was told it was a good thing I was going to that one first and Disney second so that my other cruise wouldn't be ruined!

I am a 25 year old female and I was wondering if there were any other people going around my age. Not going with any partner or children or parents, just a work friend who also loves Disney! He will not be staying in San Juan, but I think I will want to stay a day or two to take advantage of being in Puerto Rico (for the first time!)

A little about me - I used to work for Disney. I worked in the parks for a college program and it was awesome! I worked at Electric Umbrella in Epcot and Rockin' Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios.

I haven't done too much research but I really want to meet people and participate in any exchanges and join any groups (FB?Disney Magic November 10). So glad to have found this forum!
Welcome to the group holagurrl25!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
There are actually quite a few adults (no children) going on this sailing. I know of about 5 to 10 in the mid 20 range that are pretty much on their own. By that I mean they are traveling with family (either their mom, or aunt, or something like that). There are a few young couples (no children) about the same age as well. Aside from that, the remainder of the childless sailing adult, we are all probably to old for you:rotfl2:.
I would have to agree about taking the Disney cruise 2nd. Disney cruises are addictive, and they not only ruin you for other cruises, they ruin some people for the parks as well (I have begged to go back to the parks since we started cruise over 12 years ago, and I have only gotten my wish granted twice - the boys loved the boats too much).
We do have an FE exchange in this group, but it only has 2 cabins in it so far (which is unbelievably small for this point in time). I am at a loss for words at how small this group is. Usually by this point in time before a cruise, there are usually about 25 to 30 members.

Participating in the FE

I know a few have mentioned the FE in the last little while. To get everyone signed up I need to be able to send you a PM with the questions that will be on the spreadsheet (like your cabin #, how many in the cabin and things like that). In order to be able to send you a PM, you need to make 10 posts. They don't have to be anything big or fancy. You can count to 10, you can introduce yourself, or let us know who your favorite character is. Anything really. Maybe you have questions for me or suggestions for a Monday Forget Me Not. What ever it is, get up to 10 (and somewhere in there make sure I know you want to sign up for the FE), and I will send you the PM and get you set up. If everyone who has expressed interest signed up, y'all should have a group of 5. That is the size of a small group when people only want to participate in a small group. And you would be half way to a regular group of 10.
~Tink~

Is it too late to join the FE? I know my 3 year old would LOVE getting surprises. We bit the bullet and booked last night! Waitlisted for main dining, but hoping it'll come through since we've got two littles. Also sad about lack of palo dinner and all of the frozen/princess gatherings being sold out. Will have to figure out what to prioritize once we get on board!

Welcome to the group holagurrl25!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
There are actually quite a few adults (no children) going on this sailing. I know of about 5 to 10 in the mid 20 range that are pretty much on their own. By that I mean they are traveling with family (either their mom, or aunt, or something like that). There are a few young couples (no children) about the same age as well. Aside from that, the remainder of the childless sailing adult, we are all probably to old for you:rotfl2:.
I would have to agree about taking the Disney cruise 2nd. Disney cruises are addictive, and they not only ruin you for other cruises, they ruin some people for the parks as well (I have begged to go back to the parks since we started cruise over 12 years ago, and I have only gotten my wish granted twice - the boys loved the boats too much).
We do have an FE exchange in this group, but it only has 2 cabins in it so far (which is unbelievably small for this point in time). I am at a loss for words at how small this group is. Usually by this point in time before a cruise, there are usually about 25 to 30 members.

Thank you! Good to know, I'll have to find them! Maybe a few will be annoyed with their parents lol! Hopefully not though.

I don't think anyone will be too old for me but we'll see! Regardless I think it'll be fun just to relax, eat, and enjoy the Disney entertainment.

Is it too late to join the FE? I know my 3 year old would LOVE getting surprises. We bit the bullet and booked last night! Waitlisted for main dining, but hoping it'll come through since we've got two littles. Also sad about lack of palo dinner and all of the frozen/princess gatherings being sold out. Will have to figure out what to prioritize once we get on board!
Not to late to join. I'm not promising a big group, but we will leave it open in hopes that we will get other late comers. As I mentioned before, I wouldn't stress to much about the dining. The Palo and main dining is taken care of in the same place when your on board. So if they both need to be fixed, than you can take care of 2 birds with one stone. As for the princess meet and greets, if you luck out and can get a ticket that has been held back than you get a shorter wait time. If not, than make sure to check your navigator and plan your time around when and where the princesses you really want to see are going to be (which on some occasions may be in the kids area).
I will send you a PM for the FE here in just a bit, and it is time to get excited. You only have 7 Mondays until we set sail!
~Tink~

Thank you! Good to know, I'll have to find them! Maybe a few will be annoyed with their parents lol! Hopefully not though.

I don't think anyone will be too old for me but we'll see! Regardless I think it'll be fun just to relax, eat, and enjoy the Disney entertainment.
So holagurrl25 you had mentioned the exchanges, where you wanting to do the FE also?

~Tink~

Coldinerie would like to be in on the FE group! 3 of us, GTY cabin
I just sent you the questions for the spreadsheet.
And if I understood holagurrl correctly, and she wants to join, y'all are at 4 just like that. I can see y'all easily becoming a full group in no time.

Monday Forget Me Not's

Happy Monday all. We only have 6 more Mondays after today before we set sail. :woohoo::boat:

This week, I want to remind everyone to bring their Dancing Feet. :dancer: Leave all your inhibitions at home, and don't worry about what others may think. You are on the cruise to have fun, so live it up.

We are going to have several opportunities to show off our dancing skills. :dance3:
The smooth moves will start with the sail away party up on the pool deck. This is a must do event. It gets you in the mood to have fun Disney Style.
During the cruise adults will have nightly opportunities to get their grove on in the different night clubs. :dogdance:
Which can be intermixed with some comedy, game shows, and snacking.
The kiddos will get daily opportunities to improve their moves in the kids areas.:smooth::banana:

On Pirate Night, we will be having another deck party, which means, you guessed it, more dancing. pirate::hyper:

And if you still have a few moves left you can keep warm as we bring merriment to the tropics during the Deck the Deck Party, giving your family another chance to show just how COOl their dance moves really are! party:

Now, if you are one to stay on the sidelines and just watch :ssst: keep in mind my Forget Me Not about your appetite. If you are enjoying the Disney food as much as I know I will be, all of this dancing will give you the opportunity to burn off some of those calories (yes I know I said vacation calories don't count, but who wants to take the chance). Plus you are burning the calories with out stressing about exercise, because you are having FUN!!!!

So, practice up, and be ready to Bust a Move. :dogdance::dance3::woohoo:party::dancer::banana::cool1:

Have a great week,

~Tink~

I've been looking at this cruise to book but I swear it stopped at Castaway Cay. Now it shows st. John's Antiqua as the only stop before San Juan. Those of you who booked months ago has it always been St. John with no Castaway Cay stop?

I've been looking at this cruise to book but I swear it stopped at Castaway Cay. Now it shows st. John's Antiqua as the only stop before San Juan. Those of you who booked months ago has it always been St. John with no Castaway Cay stop?
Hi Roysbrew, sadly, Castaway has never been on the itinerary. That is the one thing I am going to miss the most of all on this cruise.

Hi Roysbrew, sadly, Castaway has never been on the itinerary. That is the one thing I am going to miss the most of all on this cruise.
Thanks. I'm also looking at the Nov 16 sailing and that stops at CC. I know you will all have a great cruise!

Thanks. I'm also looking at the Nov 16 sailing and that stops at CC. I know you will all have a great cruise!
Have fun on yours as well. If you decide to take the Nov. 10th, come back and let us know. If not, take some time to read through my posts anyway. There are a lot of good tips and suggestions to get you ready (even seasoned cruisers).
~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone! We are down to 5 Mondays.
(Actually, yes I know it's Sunday, I am posting early because I am not sure how I will be feeling when the doctor is all done tomorrow, and when I will feel up to getting on the computer. I figured early was better than late).

Monday Forget Me Not's

This week, is all about items you need after you have enjoyed your day on deck or at the beach :beach:

Make sure you pack products for after Sun :sunny: and after wind :boat:.
Nothing ruins your cruise faster than a bad sun burn or dried out chapped skin from wind burn.
As much as I hate to admit it, knowing that with skin cancer I should be very careful out in the sun, I will start having fun, and forget to reapply my sun screen. And, unless you live in Puerto Rico, the sun will be more intense than you are used to, on this cruise. The last thing you are going to want after a day of fun is going to be the reminders that you too forgot to reapply. A good product to have in your luggage to help with this is a tube of Aloe Vera or an after sun treatment w/ a pain reliever. I have found that keeping this in the ice box in the room, makes for a soothing relief from the burn.
And for the first time cruisers, something that you may not realize is how much the wind will effect you. After being up on deck all day, or on the beach all day (we will most likely have windy days on the beach this time of year), your skin and lips will dry out and potentially become chapped. A helpful prevention is to stay hydrated, but after the fact you will want a good moisturizing lotion, and some chap stick (or Eos - you can now find this with UV protection). As part of the toiletry amenities in your cabin, you will have body butter. This is good for your dry skin. Our family is also partial to Mary Kays night cream (if you have ever used Mary Kay, it is the pink stuff that has the consistency of Vaseline and has a distinct smell).
These to small (and easily forgettable) items could make the difference between being comfortable enough to make it through all of the clothes that you have packed in your 2 allowed pieces of luggage (per person), or wearing the only comfortable sun dress or tank top in your luggage for the remainder of the cruise.

Have a great week and it is okay to start getting excited, we only have 40 days!!!!!!
~Tink~

We just signed up for this cruise and are interested in the FE if it’s not too late. Thanks for all the helpful tips, I’ll Read through them all.

We just signed up for this cruise and are interested in the FE if it’s not too late. Thanks for all the helpful tips, I’ll Read through them all.
Thanks, that's why I posted them.
And no it's not to late. We can get you added in. There are 9 questions I have to fill in the information on the spreadsheet for the FE, and I usually tell everyone I need you to make 10 posts so I can send you a PM with the questions for the spreadsheet. I'm going to try it a little different. I'm going to post the questions here. And you can answer them in 9 separate posts. Now, I don't want you to give any personal information like your cabin number (that is reserved for those in the group). For something like that you can say that you will PM that to me.
I'm going to fetch the questions and put them in my next post. Remember to spread the answers out over 9 posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!