Disney Magic Kingdoms

I do see a promotion for early access to Chip, Dale and their treehouse. (I started playing this game just over a month ago, so still trying to catch up, currently gathering tokens to welcome Pete, Roz and EVE). I'm not planning on getting it as it's 40$!!! But I'm now somewhat scared they'll be needed for Lion King quests, otherwise why would they offer it seemingly out of the blue?

I'm not sure if Chip and Dale will help with the event, but in general I don't think it's worth it to buy non-gem characters with real money. You will get them eventually. Promotions like that pop up depending on where you are in the storyline, it's not necessarily a hint that you will need it for the event. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think non-event gem attractions are ever required for token gathering in an event? Some of them do collect trophies/coins during mini events.

When does the lion king game start cause I have no update in the App Store and nothing about it on my game? I'm still in zootopia quests.

When does the lion king game start cause I have no update in the App Store and nothing about it on my game? I'm still in zootopia quests.

They said July 6th on the live stream, but then one of the guys leading the stream said something to indicate it wasn't set in stone....

But most likely July 6th.

Has anyone else had a problem watching video/ads this weekend? I'm losing out on gems and bonus chests as a results. The messages are that no videos are available at this time.

Has anyone else had a problem watching video/ads this weekend? I'm losing out on gems and bonus chests as a results. The messages are that no videos are available at this time.

I have a devil of a time with the Fructis ad. It works about half the time for me either for gems or chests. It will always stop and say my connection is bad, even if I just played a video with no problem. Not quite the same issue, though.

No update here this morning on the App Store. Even if it shows up Thursday morning, that works. The events have historically started around 8 am.

I have a devil of a time with the Fructis ad. It works about half the time for me either for gems or chests. It will always stop and say my connection is bad, even if I just played a video with no problem. Not quite the same issue, though.

No update here this morning on the App Store. Even if it shows up Thursday morning, that works. The events have historically started around 8 am.

I stopped and restarted the app.. This appears to have fixed the problem. Should've done that first.

DMK posted Patch Notes for the upcoming update (Update 12)

Characters
Pumbaa
Timon
Zazu
Nala
Simba
Rafiki
Scar
Mowgli
Bagheera
Bullseye

Attractions
The Circle of Life
Festival of the Lion King
The Tree of Life

Concessions
Gummy Grubs Stand
Lion King Mask Shop
Painting Masks
Coconut Smoothie Stand

Decorations
Simba & Rafiki Statue
Tropical Bonanza
Simba Tree
Lion King Trophy

Parade Floats
The Lion King

Lion King Mega Event

A new time-limited event featuring characters from Disney’s The Lion King from July 6th – 31st, 2017.

Welcome Simba, Nala, and other beloved characters in this exclusive event!

Unlock new attractions, concessions, and decorations inspired by The Lion King.

Also, check the Parade Tent for a new The Lion King parade float!

hwa6gl.png

New Land!

Welcome Bullseye from Toy Story to lift the curse on an all new area!

Follow the storyline to unlock two new expansions.

We’ve heard you! Fit even more of your Kingdom goodies in these new areas that were designed with building in mind! The new straight edge design allows for almost twice as much usable space.

2e5uoab.png

Merlin Spell - Find Chest

A new Merlin spell is available! Having a hard time finding a chest in your Kingdom? Visit Merlin and use some Elixir to cast the “Find a Chest” Spell to locate it! The “Find a Chest” Spell requires Merlin to be Level 2.

211p7jr.jpg

Enchanted Chests

Parade Floats can now be obtained from Enchanted Chests.

Rewards in the Possible Rewards section of Enchanted Chests can now be tapped to view more information on the selected reward.

b68ylg.jpg

Token Finder

The Token Finder that displays the list of sources that drop a specific token has undergone various improvements:

The Token Finder now shows all of the possible sources that can drop the selected token, even if they are not currently accessible or locked.

The Token Finder will now display if the current source is already doing the selected activity or if it is busy doing another activity.

The Token Finder will now prioritize sources that are immediately accessible above sources that are not currently accessible and locked.

The Token Finder will now display the requirements that need to be fulfilled if a source is currently unavailable or locked.

6jp00k.png

Event Bundles

In addition to displaying Event Bundles in the Event Hub, they will also display in the Character Book Welcome screen for the specific character.

15yekoh.png

Merlin's Cauldron

Stored items in the Merlin's Cauldron list will now prioritize by Elixir reward amount, high to low.

Balancing and Changes

Enchanted Chests

• Dash Ears Hat removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Frozone Ears Hat removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Violet Ears Hat removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Sally Nightshade removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Sally Ears Hat removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Anna Pendant removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Li Shang Helmet removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Li Shang Ears Hat removed from the Bronze Chest
  • Elsa Crown removed from the Silver Chest
  • Elsa Ears Hat removed from the Silver Chest
  • Zero Ears Hat removed from the Silver Chest
  • Oogie Boogie Dice removed from the Silver Chest
  • Oogie Boogie Ears Hat removed from the Silver Chest
  • Mr Incredible Ears Hat removed from the Silver Chest
  • Lion King Tokens added to the Enchanted Chests

Attractions

Pixie Hollow

• Production time decreased from 12 hours to 8 hours
  • Magic produced decreased from 180 to 130
  • XP produced decreased from 30 to 22
  • Corona Kingdom Flag removed from the possible drops
  • Nala Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Golden Zephyr
  • Bagheera Perch added to the possible drops

Zootopia Race Track
  • Mowgli Basket added to the possible drops

Activities

Elizabeth Swann & Will Turner - Swordplay
  • Pete Bowler Hat added to the possible drops

Donald - Visit Mickey's
  • Bullseye Saddle added to the possible drops

Goofy - Check the Fun Wheel
  • Mickey Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Mickey Mouse - Hang Out at Home
  • Mickey Ears Hat removed from the possible drops
  • Pumbaa Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Pete - Demand Diner Food
  • Duration decreased from 20 hours to 4 hours
  • Magic Reward decreased from 325 to 110
  • XP Reward decreased from 39 to 13

Pete - Vacation Time
  • Mowgli Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Aurora & Prince Phillip - Tour of the Lands
  • Bagheera Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Aurora & Flora - Check In

Merryweather - Research Evil Magic
  • Duration decreased from 10 hours to 2 hours
  • Magic Reward decreased from 240 to 75
  • XP Reward decreased from 24 to 10

Flynn - My Nose Isn't Right!
  • Fauna's Hat added to the possible drops

Flynn - Closer Look at the Crown
  • Bagheera Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Flynn - Rooftop Mission
  • Bullseye Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Rapunzel & Flynn - Visit Strange Kingdom
  • Mowgli Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Rapunzel & Mother Gothel - Hazlenut Soup Dinne

Mother Gothel - Keeping House

Rapunzel - Painting in Gallery

Jessie & Bo Peep - Girl's Night Out
  • Fauna's Hat removed from the possible drops
  • Timon Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Bo Peep & Woody - Pizza Date
  • Duration decreased from 16 hours to 12 hours
  • Magic Reward decreased from 400 to 370
  • XP Reward decreased from 43 to 37

Zurg - Do Some Lurking

Hamm - Coin Collector
  • Pumbaa Bugs added to the possible drops

Hamm - Getting a Toy Tour
  • Nala Paw Print added to the possible drops

Hamm & Woody - Hang Out
  • Pete Bowler Hat removed from the possible drops
  • Timon Lei added to the possible drops

Eve & Wall-E - Define Dancing

Sally & Jack Skellington - Keep an Eye on Jack
  • Timon Lei added to the possible drops

Oogie Boogie & Zero - Hounding
  • Timon Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Elsa - Visiting the Ice Palace
  • Nala Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Anna & Kristoff - Exploring
  • Pumbaa Bugs added to the possible drops

Mulan & Li Shang - Family Introduction
  • Simba Leaf Mane added to the possible drops

Mushu - Scout the Training Camp
  • Pumbaa Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Belle & Beast - Tale as Old as Time
  • Scar Ears Hat added to the possible drops

Gaston - Showing Off
  • Scar Mouse added to the possible drops

Judy Hopps & Nick Wilde - Search for Clues

Nick Wilde - Scope the Scene
  • Prickly Pear added to the possible drops

Flash - Coffee Break

Flash - Get to the Car
Thanks for the info. Looks like the older premium characters get to get in on the action this time!!

I only have this problem on wifi. If I turn off wifi, completely close out the game and open it again, the videos work.

Thanks for the update info - I'm so glad to finally have a use for the Golden Zephyr! I'll be sending 12 characters out on tasks tomorrow in the hope that they'll drop tokens as soon as the event begins... Really looking forward to this!

Thanks for the update info - I'm so glad to finally have a use for the Golden Zephyr! I'll be sending 12 characters out on tasks tomorrow in the hope that they'll drop tokens as soon as the event begins... Really looking forward to this!
Remember that they will be issuing Pumbaa first, so only his tokens will be available, unless you can unlock Zazu right away.

Remember that they will be issuing Pumbaa first, so only his tokens will be available, unless you can unlock Zazu right away.

I'm getting Bullseye tokens too, since you need to welcome him in order to unlock the new land areas.

Big Thunder Mountain...

001_zpstjp5bgto.jpg

oooohh....might this be some foreshadowing?!

002_zps9hlm6xlx.jpg

Also, the storyline to prompt the opening of the new land popped up immediately when opening the game after the update, i'm ignoring it until after the Lion King event, there will be way too much to do with that event alone, without trying to do the Toy Story tasks on top of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter