Disney Magic Kingdoms

I have received a gift of 50 happiness several times this week. Anybody know what's up?

I’m definitely not gonna complain about it and it is nice to wake up, click on it to be 99% ecstatic and have enough smiles collected to make it thru the day. That said, since 50 is WAY MORE than I need to get to full ecstatic, really wish we could bank it and have access to use it at a later date. A nice rainy day 😀 fund would be a welcome addition.

What time do those happy faces show up? I didn't get any this morning but we've been traveling (across time zones) so I'm not sure if something is wrong of if it's just too early.

What time do those happy faces show up? I didn't get any this morning but we've been traveling (across time zones) so I'm not sure if something is wrong of if it's just too early.
When I get the gift, it is usually in my first login of the day. But it doesn't seem to be every day.

It's supposed to be every 22 hours. That being said, I've had to open/close my calendar a few times consecutively to get it to pop. It's also rumored that you have to be Internet connected to get.

It's supposed to be every 22 hours. That being said, I've had to open/close my calendar a few times consecutively to get it to pop. It's also rumored that you have to be Internet connected to get.

Thanks I hit the calendar a few times and it finally popped up.

Thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm.

Any basic tips for the beginner?
Oh my goodness. I have been playing for a few years, so I will have to think about that. But off the top of my head, I would recommend that you choose shorter tasks all day and set the longer tasks to work overnight. Make sure you pick up all of the chests hidden around the kingdom as they will help you with happiness, magic, tokens and other items. Watch the available videos on main street to collect free gems as they will help you purchase chests or characters as you build them up. Have fun!

In addition to anya.sparrow's excellent advice above, I'd consider the following:
  • Don't use gems to speed up tasks. (There are some very specific exceptions to this rule, but it's generally a good rule to follow.)
  • Parades are your friend as your primary source of picking up gems. The more parade slots and floats you have, the quicker gems will start coming in.
  • Keep an eye out for "token conflicts". Token conflicts occur when a character can gather multiple tokens: the token you want and tokens you aren't so keen on. Some are unavoidable, but some will really slow down your progress.
  • Have fun!

Oh, and happiness is your friend. The more happiness you maintain, the better drop rates you will have.

RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

OK, I’m mostly kidding about that, but as someone who started playing early on I can’t imagine how much harder it would be to start playing now. I think @anya.sparrow and @Ranarr hit most of the key things to focus on.

• If you have multiple devices you can collect your 2 free daily gems on both devices.
    Most decorations are worthless and good items to sell to Merlin.
  • You can also buy many character items from Merlin, but I wouldn’t do that very often and save you elixir. That said, buying an occasional item or two help level a character can be very useful.
  • Be careful leveling up attractions. Don‘t over do it, and make sure they add items that are useful.
  • Elixir is useful for the 24 hour happiness shield. Dont over do it, but if you close to leveling a character it might be worth buying.

At this point I don't remember where he comes in, but I do remember that Pluto and his house are very helpful along the way.

One thing to remember is to not get frustrated as the game advances. You are missing a bunch of event characters and more than likely always will. The trouble is that the interns at Gameloft who are for whatever reason in charge of the whole game constantly use these characters in each new event, hoping that new players will waste money on chests in the hope of winning them. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Last edited:
At this point I don't remember where he comes in, but I do remember that Pluto and his house are very helpful along the way.

One thing to remember us to not get frustrated as the game advances. You are missing a bunch of event characters and more than likely always will. The trouble is that the interns at Gameloft who are for whatever reason in charge of the whole game constantly use these characters in each new event, hoping that new players will waste money on chests in the hope of winning them. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Yeah, I couldn’t imagine starting the game with 200+ characters already in it. While I‘ve never gotten there, on a few occasions I felt like catching up with everything was in reach. I guess that’s the advantage of starting a game early on?

Yeah, I couldn’t imagine starting the game with 200+ characters already in it. While I‘ve never gotten there, on a few occasions I felt like catching up with everything was in reach. I guess that’s the advantage of starting a game early on?
I think I started during the Beauty and the Beast event, so I missed a couple of events. I also have have failed to get the last character in some events when I have not been able to play as much as I wanted to. I have invested some (free) gems into extending my parades recently, so I am hoping to rack up some more gems to buy missing characters or take a shot when chests come out with the ones I am missing. We'll have to see.

I was so happy to see the Snow White comfy costume was the top milestone reward in this past weekend's event, and I'm hoping that means the other ones will come back soon too. I missed out on Merida, Moana and Rapunzel, and I'd love to finally fill those last three seats in my Princess Dressing Room (they're the only characters I keep out who aren't actively collecting tokens).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter