Disney Magic Kingdoms

The recent demise of Farmville reminds me that it's ok to walk away from a game when it isn't fun anymore, so hopefully Gameloft will take heed of the negative comments that are being made on Reddit, etc.
I actually had left Farmville several years ago. It got to the point that they were adding new themed farms about once a month or so and it just got to be a bit too much trying to do all of the various themes. So I just finally said bye to it. That was a difficult choice since I had invested so much time in the game. But I just couldn't deal with how much time I was spending each day just going through all of the various themes. Zynga has cancelled other games as well. One of my favorite was the Castleville one. There was an App version that also connected with a browser based one. That was fun and I had a group of great people I played with.

The way that Disney's Magic Kingdom gets advertised at times, I don't see this going away anytime soon. Unless people get so fed up and just start quitting. While all of the events and tower challenges are wash, rinse, repeat (for the most part), this is one of the few games I still play on my phone that I don't have to invest a lot of time with. Even when I do bring the game up, I can get in/out usually fairly quickly.

Oh look, you need premium attractions to help gather tokens for some of the characters (slinky and monsters inc). Also, what is the orangutan doing collecting tokens as well? I can tell you, to slow down leveling of these characters, because once again there is NO END GAME. We will never defeat the curse on the kingdom.
I did notice that the number of characters available to collect tokens has greatly diminished now that the event is over. And too much emphasis on enchanting the Brave attractions for which we have so few Brave tokens. This is just getting way the f*ck out of hand now with the ridiculous artificially slowing down of players' progress. And as this is the first film they've added that I knew none of the characters (outside of at least knowing the lead character's name, at least), I am in no hurry to level any of them off anyway.

I actually had left Farmville several years ago. It got to the point that they were adding new themed farms about once a month or so and it just got to be a bit too much trying to do all of the various themes. So I just finally said bye to it. That was a difficult choice since I had invested so much time in the game. But I just couldn't deal with how much time I was spending each day just going through all of the various themes. Zynga has cancelled other games as well. One of my favorite was the Castleville one. There was an App version that also connected with a browser based one. That was fun and I had a group of great people I played with.

The way that Disney's Magic Kingdom gets advertised at times, I don't see this going away anytime soon. Unless people get so fed up and just start quitting. While all of the events and tower challenges are wash, rinse, repeat (for the most part), this is one of the few games I still play on my phone that I don't have to invest a lot of time with. Even when I do bring the game up, I can get in/out usually fairly quickly.

I left Farmville years ago as well because Zynga made in more of a job than a fun game to play. DMK is tilting in that direction again. There are always going to be people who are unhappy with events, especially those who want to remain FTP, but when you have a paying base that is also unhappy you risk losing your game which is part of what happened with Farmville.

Character Update:
8 of 18 are ready for leveling.
2 of 18 are almost done collecting for ever.

Queen - Ready for 7
King - Collecting for 6
Merida - Collecting for 4 without being comfy about it
Large Lord - Leveling to 6
Skinny Lord - Ready for 5
Short Lord - Ready for 6

Skunk - Collecting for 8

Pacha - has been ready for 10 for like a month, but he's collecting for Yzma
Yzma - collecting for 10

Red NBC kid - collecting for 9
Witch NBC kid - collecting for 8
Last NBC kid - collecting for 10

Gord - need 12 and 20 to finally shove all those characters back into storage.

Mando - Ready for 10
Grogo - Collecting for 8
Old guy - ready for 9
Strong lady - ready for 9
Greef- ready for 10

Character Update:

Queen - Ready for 7
Merida - Collecting for 5
King - Collecting for 6
MacGuffin - Ready for 6
Macintosh - Ready for 6
Dingwall - Collecting for 7

Lock - Collecting for 9
Shock - Collecting for 8
NBC characters are just taking forever

Grogu (The Child) - Collecting for 8
Kuill - Collecting for 9
Cara Dune - Collecting for 9

Finally finished Gord and the Emperor's New Groove characters. They were brutal to collect for as well.

Might as well check my characters too:

Queen - ready for 7
Merida - ready for 5
King - ready for 6
MacGuffin - 6
Macintosh - 5
Dingwall - 6

Lock - 9
Shock - 8

Child - ready for 9
Kuiil - ready for 10
Cara - ready for 10
Apollo Creed - moving to 10 now

Might as well post mine.

Going to be max out characters for the next 3 days.

Queen - 7
Merida - 4
King - 5
MacGuffin - 6
Macintosh - 6
Dingwall - 6

The Child - 9
Kuiil - READY TO MAX
Cara Dune - READY TO MAX
Greef Karga - READY TO MAX

Lock - 8 (Ready for 9)
Shock - 7
Barrel - 9

Scrooge McDuck - 8

Here Are Mine:

Queen - 7
Merida - 4
King - 5
MacGuffin - 6
MacIntosh - 5
Dingwall - 6

King Louie - 6

Shock - 5

Gord - 8

The Child - 7
Kuill - 8
Cara dune -9
Greef Karga - 9

I left Farmville many years ago (I think 8 maybe?) right about the time they started adding in new themed farms. It just started taking too much time and became a chore rather than something fun. This game is definitely headed in the same direction.

I might as well share my stats, too, so here goes:

Queen - 6
Merida - 4
King - 5
MacGuffin - 7
MacIntosh - 5
Dingwall - 7

Yzma - 9 (need one more ear hat to send her away and it's been days without a drop)

Shock - 7

The Child 8

Update time 😁

Queen - 7 ready need common token
Merida - 4
King - 5
MacGuffin - 6 ready need common token
Macintosh - 4 ready need common token
Dingwall - 5 ready need common token

The Child - 7
Kuiil - 9

Ringmaster - 6

Lock -8
Shock - 7
Barrel - 9

Last edited:
Okay, I'll update:

Brave:
Elinor: 8
Merida: 4 (got the comfy)
Fergus: 6
MacGuffin: 6 (ready except for commons)
Macintosh: 4 (ready except for commons)
Dingwall: 6 (ready except for commons)

Mandolorian:
All of these characters are ready to level except Cara Dune; I'm leveling these characters one at a time to hoard magic.
Mando: 8
The Child: 5
Kuiil: 7
Cara Dune: 6
Greef Karga: 8

Main Storyline Progress:
  • Peter Pan Storyline: 20 tokens from welcoming Wendy.
  • Pirates Storyline: 27 tokens from welcoming Tia Dalma, Barbossa at 4
  • Jungle Book Storyline: 1 token and about 210K magic from welcoming Shere Khan
  • Lady and the Tramp Storyline: Tramp at 5, Tony at 3 (ready for 4), 27 tokens from welcoming Joe, Trusty at 3 (ready for 4, got him in the Red Ribbon Chest)

Holy crap... how much are they asking for Shere Khan??

Didn't he cost 1,000,000 when they first added him? Think they lowered that to it somewhere between 750K - 900K when they rebalanced the game later on?

If I remember correctly his also took FOREVER to welcome.
Think you had to send characters on a few dozen battles to defeat him and his item requirements were ridiculous.

Here's my list:

Queen Elinor - 6
Merida - 3
King Fergus - 4
Lord MacGuffin - 6
Lord Macintosh - 6
Lord Dingwall - 6

Yzma - 9

Lock - 8
Shock - 7
Barrel - 8

Gord - 8

The Child - 6
Kuiil - 8
Cara Dune - 9
Greef Karga - 9

I hope to have at least 5 or 6 of these finished off before the next event, but I'm not playing too often right now so we will see what happens. I am missing about 10 characters and the less expensive chest bundles have been tempting, but I promised myself not to buy those since the odds are not in my favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter