Disney Land Paris from London and so many questions please

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So I heard there was a train from London to Disney Paris, then when I look online it says service discontinued? My questions are:
If there is no direct train how to get there?
Is it worth going for just a day? Leave London in AM then come back to London same day?
is there a VIP/tour option there to ensure you see as much as possible in one day?
if I were to overnight is there a hotel on property, prefer a Disney hotel
Thank you

You can still go to Paris Central (Gare du Nord), and take a subway (RER) from there.

I'm not sure I would do it like a one day trip from London if you are unfamiliar with where to go. On a long distance day trip, you want to get there as quick as possible and not loose time by looking for which platform the train departs from.

Yes, DLP has VIP tours, they are a bit cheaper than WDW, but I heard mixed reviews. I would rather buy a Premier Access Pass.

If you can, go for an overnight stay and just go for the cheapest option. You will probably need a place to sleep, not a nice resort to hang out. DLP has hotels, not resorts. I usually stay at Santa Fe, don't like paying more for a place to sleep than necessary. There are also partner hotels if you need to save money. They have complimentary transport to the park, but no EMH.

Changing at Lille is the easiest way to get to DLP from London. Most options from London offer you that. If you need cheaper overnight options look at val dev europe one train stop away (⁵ mins) from DLP

So I heard there was a train from London to Disney Paris, then when I look online it says service discontinued? My questions are:
If there is no direct train how to get there?
Is it worth going for just a day? Leave London in AM then come back to London same day?
is there a VIP/tour option there to ensure you see as much as possible in one day?
if I were to overnight is there a hotel on property, prefer a Disney hotel
Thank you

London to DLP and back was never intended as a day trip.

In the past there was a direct train from London to DLP that bypassed Paris and rolled on to the DLP station but it was only in summer months and only then on certain days of the week. It took about 3 hrs travel time plus the hour of time zone change. It was more for getting you from London in the morning to DLP to check in to your hotel in the afternoon. And then visa versa.

DLP has resort hotels on property which you can book on the DLP website like WDW or DL. We stayed at DLP at Hotel Santa Fe first trip (a DLP hotel) then in Paris and took the RER commuter train to the parks the following two trips.

As people say, you can go to eurostar.com and book London St Pancras to Disneyland Paris which requires a change of trains in Lille (still about 3 hrs+1 hr time zone for the quickest). Reverse it to back to the UK.

Bama Ed

Don't forget to add significant time for passport control at both ends. I waited over an hour (and I was in the middle of the line from our train) in London after taking the Eurostar. It's just something to be aware of in your planning.

I've taken the direct Eurostar to DLP so many times, it was so convenient. It's so sad they discontinued it.

The only issue I had with it was that the times got you in late, so half the day has gone. I feel it should have been an earlier time.

The route is only suspended, for at least rest of the year. So it may come back but depends on numbers using Eurostar. It must have dropped significantly as they are offer £35 each tickets to Paris in August!

Doesn't help they have kept both Kent terminals closed post covid

The main reason the direct train is not running isn't because it wasn't popular, but more because the station at DLP isn't set up to deal with long queues of people requiring passport checks, which of course are now mandatory whereas they weren't previously. They'd apparently have to make large changes to the station layout, which isn't completely out of the question, but given it's only going to be for 5-6 trains a week, they're not exactly SNCF's first priority. So for now, going via Paris or Lille is the only answer.

Well Eurostar are not exactly shining is praise from my neck of the woods either in Kent. A train that cut the countryside in two and doesn't even stop in Kent anymore because of cost constraints! We are told to get the train from Ashford to London then London to Paris, yet it goes through the station. When I saw the ques as at. Pancreas I thought I hope the possible new competition comes along and smashes Eurostar. It's turned into a poor service that needs to go bankrupt and start again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter