Disney Italian Restaraunts

DrKnow77

Mouseketeer
What are your thoughts on:

Alfredo di Roma Ristorante (Italy)
Palio
Mama Melrose

Only been to Alfredo's... didn't really enjoy it, but we do like Italian food. Thoughts?

Absolutely HATED Alfredo's. Beautiful atmosphere. Food tasted like Chef Boyardee.
Absolutely LOVE Mama Melrose's. Not as beautiful as an atmosphere, but the food is GREAT. We go there at least twice each time we go

We also didn't like Alfredo's. Mama Melrose's is good, but if you are looking for lots of pasta dishes with marinara, or other tomatoey dishes, there aren't many.

mama melrose - hit and miss and never top notch

alfredos - like it alot and do it each trip

palios - great italian food and always a great experience

Alfredo's is marginal.

Mama Melroses is EXCELLNET in terms of food and service.

Palio--eaten there three times. The first was excellent, the second was one of the worst dinig experiences I've ever had. The third was also very poor, we won't be back.

Anne

We enjoy Mama Melrose's, but absolutely love Palio's.
Palio's is more on the level of California Grill, Jiko's, Flying Fish, and Citrico's and while Mama Melrose's is nice it's not at the same level. So it depends on the dining experience you're looking for.

Almost forgot, I would also recommend Portobello's at Downtown Disney. We've never been disappointed there.

Have a great dining experience whevever you end up going!

Would have to disagree about Alfredo's. We ate there two weeks ago and loved it...so much so that we went back for lunch. Now I know people's tastes are different, but having been born in Italy and raised with Italian food, I think Alfredo's is quite authentic, at least all the dishes I've tried. Palio's is wonderful... the best Italian food on property. If you have to choose one Italian restaurant, I think this is the place to go.

Loved Palio last month. Excellent food and service. Very quiet ,not rushed. Peaceful atmospere. A memorable evening.

I too give Alfredo's a thumbs up. My DH and I include it during each trip. We both think the fettucini alfredo is the best.

I personally think Alfredo's is good! We've been there a number of times, and I've always had a great meal.

Never been to Mama Melrose, but we're doing it in October based on all the good reviews.

Portobello Yacht Club in DTD is great as well. It's not a true Disney restaurant, so I think alot of people forget it's even there. I've had a few good meals there as well.

Kim&Chris,

Looks like we'll be at the Wilderness Lodge at the same time. Have a great time! I know we will!

Mama Melrose is a must do for us each trip, often more than once. Good food, great service..ask for Dori or Kevin.

We've yet to try Palio's.

Years ago we enjoyed Alfredo's on almost every trip. But one night we had such horrible service there some years back that we will NEVER return. I suppose we should forgive and forget but with so many options at Epcot and WDW why chance it?

We found Alfredo's to be a major disappointment although the atmosphere was lovely. Mama Melrose's was wonderful when we were there recently as part of the Fantasmic package. I still talk about the filet with porcini dust....!

It's been a while since I've been but I have great memories of the fettuccini and the atmosphere at Alfredo's!

"Fredo's" is our favorite WDW restaurant. We have visited there every trip since Epcot opened. I think one secret to a successful dinner there is ordering the signature dish Fettucini Alfredo. I believe it to be the best item on the menu. As for the comparison to Chef Boy Ardee, I haven't had any in over 30 years but I guess they must have improved their recipe:D

Palio! We loved our dinner there and will definately be back the next time we are in Disney. Food and service were both fantastic!

Debbie

I'm with Micca on that one :) Maybe I should start buying Chef Boyardee and forget about cooking Italian at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter