Disney Inspired Dinner for family before trip...suggestions please.

nautical05

Earning My Ears
I am planning a dinner for the family prior to leaving for our trip. I have Disney pasta, a Disney muffin tin and Mickey Mouse cookie cutters (thank you Mickey Monthly). I thought since I had all of these I would make a special surprise dinner. I am looking on pinterest and have found several fun ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you....as always this group as given me the best help will all my trips.

I actually did a Disney inspired dinner last night...and it was my first time trying it. We have what may be the same Mickey cookie cutter. We bought it while at WDW some time ago...it's in the shape of a Mickey Head with a very tiny wooden knob on the end to help pull it off the dough. I actually used it to make hamburgers. A proper serving size amount of ground beef fit pretty much perfectly into it. I didn't want to try cooking it on the grill, I was afraid they'd fall apart. So I just lined a cookie tray with tin foil and sprayed it with zero cal canola oil. Worked like a charm, the kids loved it.

I actually did a Disney inspired dinner last night...and it was my first time trying it. We have what may be the same Mickey cookie cutter. We bought it while at WDW some time ago...it's in the shape of a Mickey Head with a very tiny wooden knob on the end to help pull it off the dough. I actually used it to make hamburgers. A proper serving size amount of ground beef fit pretty much perfectly into it. I didn't want to try cooking it on the grill, I was afraid they'd fall apart. So I just lined a cookie tray with tin foil and sprayed it with zero cal canola oil. Worked like a charm, the kids loved it.

We have the same thing and that is a great idea. Never thought of that-Thanks!

Last edited:
We have been doing Disney movie nights where we pick a movie and then make food that is representative of that location. So African food for the lion king, jambalaya and beignets for princess and the frog, corned beef and cabbage for brave, etc. Maybe pick a favorite movie and theme food around that, and then do some Mickey themed desserts? We've had a lot of fun trying different foods and watching the movie that goes with it!

Those are all great ideas. We try to replicate some of our favorite recipes from WDW. We do stitch juice for breakfast from ohana, we've done hamburger egg rolls, we make copy cat dole whips, grey stuff cupcakes. We like to try it all. It's fun to make them together too.

We have been doing Disney movie nights where we pick a movie and then make food that is representative of that location. So African food for the lion king, jambalaya and beignets for princess and the frog, corned beef and cabbage for brave, etc. Maybe pick a favorite movie and theme food around that, and then do some Mickey themed desserts? We've had a lot of fun trying different foods and watching the movie that goes with it!
You need to change your Brave themed dinner to haggis. It is set in the Scottish highlands, not Ireland.

Mickey head cookie ice cream sandwiches, individual meatloafs baked in the Disney muffin tins. Make Mickey shaped soft pretzels (roll out pretzel dough and shape it into Mickey heads-I'd probably just do the simple round head and 2 ears rather than give it all the detail that the pretzels in the park have). Make jello and use the Mickey cookie cutter to cut out jigglers (yes they will probably be big, but instead of having a few squares for a serving, each person could have one). Use the muffin tins to make little Disney muffins or cupcakes or Brownies. Cut out rice krispie treats using the Mickey cookie cutter, and if you wanted, you could dip or drizzle them in melted chocolate and/or sprinkles. Make little Mickey pizzas using the cookie cutter (and you could use mini pepperoni, sausage, or olives for the eyes.

You could make a side of Rapunzel braided garlic bread to go with your disney pasta, or homemade mickey shaped pizzas, watermelon mickey cutouts with your cookie cutter.

I once did a disney planning dinner with an Epcot theme, a food from each of the world showcase countries

You need to change your Brave themed dinner to haggis. It is set in the Scottish highlands, not Ireland.
I know, however we weren't super strict on the location. General area/similar style of food was fine some nights as semi kid friendly was a necessary component to the movie nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter