Disney honeymoon photography

Lurieh

Earning My Ears
I've searched for the following information, but I didn't come up with anything. Here goes:

My finacee and I are planning on getting married at Disney World this December. As part of our wedding we also decided to have a honeymoon photography session in one of the parks. We are not paying for an all out honeymoon package, just a photography package(it was like $300.00 or so). We had understood that the photo session would be held before park hours. After seeing a couple of recent posts, it sounds like other folks' honeymoon photography was during park hours, not before. Are there different packages offered at different times of the day?

I've also been reading up on the 2003 honeymoon photo package offerings. Has it really changed from 20 pics with an album to 2 pics? Has the price changed, or just what's offered?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

The honeymoon photos are done during park hours (between 9-11am on Monday through Friday). The photo shoots before park opening are about twice as expensive and are at Epcot or Magic Kingdom. As far as I've been told, the reduction in honeymoon photos applies to the photo session that used to come with the honeymoon resort package, not a session set up through Disney Event Productions. The number for Disney Event Productions is (407) 827-1500 they can give you more detailed information. If you are interested in doing one of the photo shoots before park hours, I would call ASAP, as they told me that they only do one couple per park per day. I think they may do more than one couple for the honeymoon shoot, and they also have a resort photo shoot for $425 which includes 12 5x5 photos.

Here is my advice, you can take it for whatever you wish.
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT do the photography session. My DH and I did it for our Honeymoon and now we both wish we hadn't. You get 20 pictures, but they take like 50 or so. You don't get to see all 50 you only get to see the 20 that the photography people pick out (we didn't get alot of shots that we wish we did and are very disappointed in some of the ones we did get). I have heard that the album falls apart on you. Honestly if the photography session hadn't come with the package, I was still thinking of doing it, but looking back on it, I am glad that I didn't waste $300 on that. It wasn't worth it. They take pictures while the park is open.
The only time I have heard of people getting pictures taken before the park is open is with Wedding Photography and it is like $1,000 or something.
Anyway, that is my opinion on the whole matter. The pictures that we got back were alot of the same pictures that We took ourselves by asking other people to take them for us. Alot of people in the park are more than willing to take pictures for you.

Heather S

Irishone1979,

I was thinking the exact same thing as you. I was afraid that with the photo session offered during park hours(during Christmas rush no less) it would look like we just asked a bunch of strangers to take pictures of us. We too looked at the wedding photo package, but I don't know if $900.00 is worth it for pictures of us in the park alone.

Thanks for the input!

Dave

Dave,
You can get the same type of pictures out of your own camera and you will spend alot less money. Although there will be people around you, you can get good pictures with no one in them. There are secluded areas around MK that are great for pictures, but there is always someone nearby that will take your picture if you ask nice. :)
You will be much happier to use that money for something else, I promise!!

Heather

Originally posted by Lurieh
We too looked at the wedding photo package, but I don't know if $900.00 is worth it for pictures of us in the park alone.

Is it up to $900 now? Sheesh, we paid $750 (well plus $150 for hair/makeup and additional money for flowers) and we were disappointed. Don't forget though, that the wedding photos packages are done in bridal attire, not casual clothes. So that may or may not be what you're looking for! You do get all your proofs with this one BUT Disney chooses the 12 nicest and glue mounts them into an album which really ticked us off b/c one of the ones they mounted has a big red splotch on it :mad:

My husband and I did the honeymoon photo session at the World Showcase. I am happy that we did. Our session was at 10:00 am (before WS opened) and we got some great pictures. Our photographer had great ideas and was very open to our ideas as well. We got some great shots, and it was fun being in WS before Epcot opened. I was pleased with the results, and I am usually very paranoid about how I look in pictures. We could NOT have gotten these pictures by asking others to take them for us.

We got 20 pictures in an album and about 25 additional pictures. They are not proofs - they are the actual photos. They are not airbrushed or anything, and some of them weren't that great, but most of them came out really well. There were some others that were taken that we didn't get (I saw them on the website that you can preview them on, before you get the album but they were lousy so I didn't care.) You can take the photos out of the album if you want and switch them around.

Our album is a quality leather bound album. It has a cute picture of Tinkerbell and Cinderella's castle on it.

Our photographer did tell us that we were among the last people who were going to have actual film (not digital) for our photo session. Maybe this has something to do with why we liked ours better, I don't know.
I would recommend it. Just another opinion.

lil mermaid- Since yours was done on real film that is probably why you got all your pictures back. Now that they do it with digital cameras, they pick out the ones that they like the best and then delete the others off of their camera so that you can never see them or get them. That is why I wasn't satisfied with it. I don't think that it was worth the $250 or so just for 20 pictures. The ones that they thought were the best were ones I had other people take for us so I was not thrilled with the end result. I have written them an email about it and all I got back was an email saying that it is their policy to only pick out 20 of the ones they think are the best and we knew that when we signed up for it because it is written over everything. Well, we never got anything about the photos and I had no idea that they are the ones that pick it and we don't even get to see the others.
All in all, I was disappointed and will never do something like that again.

Heather

I was reading all the posts about the photographers. We just got our package in the mail. I'm not sure if I want to go with a Disney photographer after reading some of the posts. We were electing to go with an outside photographer. If any one can help us with this, it would be appreciated. We're not sure what to do and if Disney photography is really worth it. Any suggestions?:confused:

First question, Does the photography session come in your package? If so then you get Disney Photography and they aren't good at all....I am still battling them to get my pictures (that I don't really like anyway) and they are saying I haven't paid for them even though it came in my package and we did pay for it.

Also, double check what your package says. Make sure it says Honeymoon somewhere Like Disney Honeymoon Grand Plan or Disney Honeymoon Magic. Because that has caused problems for lots of people (me and my DH included)

As for getting an outside photographer, I don't know that you can, but you can ask.

Let me know if you need anymore advice. I hate to be a downer on anything disney (I LOVE disney and would love to work there someday) But the photo "session" (as they call it) isn't worth the money or the time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter