Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before! Discover currently has the 5% back on grocery store purchases. Does this include gift cards?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before! Discover currently has the 5% back on grocery store purchases. Does this include gift cards?

Yep. As long as the purchase comes through as a grocery store it'll count for the 5%. So most, if not all, in store transactions will count. Some stores sell GCs online and they may or may not code as a grocery store when the charge posts.

So I went on a mini vacation to Atlanta and had to stop in Home Depot. I saw both Southwest and Delta gift cards. You can get SW anywhere discounted but I would love to use Happy Guy for Delta. Does Home Depot normally have Delta? My airport doesn’t offer Southwest and I refuse to fly Frontier or Spirit. Would love to get a little discount on Delta since it’s so expensive.

Has anyone figured out a good way to split up Disney cards? I got a little overzealous with my combining and now I just want to take a smaller amount on our next cruise. Carrying around a $1000k card makes me feel a little nervous and I don't need that much just for our onboard expenses.
Unfortunately no. The only way to just lower the amount on any Disney gift card is to spend it.

So I went on a mini vacation to Atlanta and had to stop in Home Depot. I saw both Southwest and Delta gift cards. You can get SW anywhere discounted but I would love to use Happy Guy for Delta. Does Home Depot normally have Delta? My airport doesn’t offer Southwest and I refuse to fly Frontier or Spirit. Would love to get a little discount on Delta since it’s so expensive.
Make sure to review the terms & conditions on the DL GCs before going to deep into them. Many airlines only allow you to use a certain amount of gift cards per transaction, and rules like not valid for fees, upgrades or bag fees.

FYI I’ve seen DL cards at my Best Buy.

Just following up on the Swagbucks issue. Since I have not received my bonus (nor the Shop and Earn email) from a 12/23 $100 purchase, I checked my Best Buy purchase history. All other purchases show that I used Swagbucks. The 12/23 purchase has no record of Swagbucks being used. I don't know if was an error on the cashier's end or if Swagbucks changed something. Has anyone received Shop and Earn emails after 12/23?
Got mine

Has anyone figured out a good way to split up Disney cards? I got a little overzealous with my combining and now I just want to take a smaller amount on our next cruise. Carrying around a $1000k card makes me feel a little nervous and I don't need that much just for our onboard expenses.

Unfortunately no. The only way to just lower the amount on any Disney gift card is to spend it.

This is true. However, you can still beat the system this way, although I’m not certain that I’d recommend it. I’m just saying it’s possible.

You could book a hotel reservation and pay for the deposit with a gift card. Then transfer the remaining balance to a different gift card. And finally, cancel the reservation and have the deposit refunded to the original gift card.

Again, I wouldn’t recommend, but it’s technically possible.

This is true. However, you can still beat the system this way, although I’m not certain that I’d recommend it. I’m just saying it’s possible.

You could book a hotel reservation and pay for the deposit with a gift card. Then transfer the remaining balance to a different gift card. And finally, cancel the reservation and have the deposit refunded to the original gift card.

Now that is creative thinking!

Can you pay the deposit on a reservation with a gift card?

I have a prepaid MasterCard that I received through work. It can only be used at certain retailers. Can I use a prepaid MasterCard GC at Lowe's or CVS to purchase a Disney GC?

I wonder if you could purchase say 5 $200 cards on the disney gift card website using your large gift card?

Can you put your $1000 gift card into the Disney Gift Card site and a $0 active gift card and transfer a specific dollar amount to it?

I have a prepaid MasterCard that I received through work. It can only be used at certain retailers. Can I use a prepaid MasterCard GC at Lowe's or CVS to purchase a Disney GC?
Pretty sure it can be used just about anywhere that takes credit cards. Walmart, Target, grocery store, gas station, pay bills online.

Thankful for this thread as I had just enough Disney GC's stockpiled for the FD drop yesterday! We have a trip booked for Nov2019 but Sep is our backup plan if GE opens before our Nov trip (dont want to be part of that). Spe is not ideal for us but since injave the gift cards it was really a no brainer to put a deposit down anyway! FWIW my TA discounted package with base tickets and QSDP is a lot cheaper than our FD package we have booked!

Looks like 2 of my BB&B rebates came back as "Invalid Purchase LocationInvalid POS Record Not FoundNot enough purchased". My other 3 still show as processing. I plan on waiting on an update for my other 3 rebates since I figure the same thing will happen with them before reaching out. It's kind of interesting though since I held onto my receipts and submitted them all at the same time that 2 are processed and the other 3 are still pending.

Looks like 2 of my BB&B rebates came back as "Invalid Purchase LocationInvalid POS Record Not FoundNot enough purchased". My other 3 still show as processing. I plan on waiting on an update for my other 3 rebates since I figure the same thing will happen with them before reaching out. It's kind of interesting though since I held onto my receipts and submitted them all at the same time that 2 are processed and the other 3 are still pending.
2 of 2 came back the same way for me. I just chatted with them. Was told to email them a copy of the receipts with my name, address, phone number and tracking number. Super irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter