Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into this today. Kicking myself that I didn't cash in my Target GCs on Friday when I received them but I was just too busy. According to the notice that the team member showed me, it actually went into effect on Sunday in my area. It's a sad, sad day. :guilty:
Yep. I was at target Sunday and a lady at self checkout was told you can’t buy a gift card with a gift card anymore.

Woof! Glad I took care of this last week, I had $80 bucks worth! I wonder if Target plans on doing a 10% discount on Target gc's during the holiday. Good for those who make purchases there but sucks for us who don't. :sad2:

So since the target is no longer an option, Anyone have any experience with using a Virtual Visa Card to buy Disney Gift Cards? If you do, are you purchasing them on disneygiftcard.com or on target.com, other? Also if you purchase the Disney E-gift card can you combine them on disneygiftcard.com? I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't combine the disney e-gift cards? Thx!

So since the target is no longer an option, Anyone have any experience with using a Virtual Visa Card to buy Disney Gift Cards? If you do, are you purchasing them on disneygiftcard.com or on target.com, other? Also if you purchase the Disney E-gift card can you combine them on disneygiftcard.com? I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't combine the disney e-gift cards? Thx!

"Sorcerer Mickey must have worked his magic because now, guests are welcome to combine their Disney eGift Cards with any regular Disney Gift Card."

Mom's Panel (Jan 7, 2018) Link: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...ft-cards-cant-combined-regular-disney-357430/

EDIT: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-multiple-egift-cards-at-once.3656321/#post-58654402"]Using multiple eGift Cards at once Post #14[/URL]

Well, in a weird way, the end of the Target deal will actually save me money. I will still cash out my SB for a $25 Target card each month (for 2200 SB) but I will apply it towards my household expenses instead. Then, I will use the $23.75 that I would have charged to my RedCard (in groceries) and use it to buy myself the $25 Disney gift card that I would have bought with the Target gift card. Now, since I am paying for the groceries and household expenses with gift cards, I will be more mindful of how much I am spending and I am almost positive I will end up spending less overall. I am also not going to go out of my way to look for the FWP gift card deals anymore. I may still take advantage of them if it's a product I use anyways (like soda, feminine hygiene or general beauty items), but I am not going to worry about stocking up just to earn a gift card.

Well, in a weird way, the end of the Target deal will actually save me money. I will still cash out my SB for a $25 Target card each month (for 2200 SB) but I will apply it towards my household expenses instead. Then, I will use the $23.75 that I would have charged to my RedCard (in groceries) and use it to buy myself the $25 Disney gift card that I would have bought with the Target gift card. Now, since I am paying for the groceries and household expenses with gift cards, I will be more mindful of how much I am spending and I am almost positive I will end up spending less overall. I am also not going to go out of my way to look for the FWP gift card deals anymore. I may still take advantage of them if it's a product I use anyways (like soda, feminine hygiene or general beauty items), but I am not going to worry about stocking up just to earn a gift card.

Exactly! It doesn't matter how you spend the savings as it's already earned! ::yes:: This is the point I was trying to make with @kat_lh [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/page-1634#post-59357158"]here[/URL] and [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/page-1634#post-59357424"]here[/URL]. Many think they need to separate their "savings" but that's not the case. If you're handed a gift card you should use it immediately, stores are earning interest while we hold onto them. Earn your own interest and put it into a savings account or just buy a Disney gift card. It's just a matter of pen & paper that defines your savings in the end.

Exactly! It doesn't matter how you spend the savings as it's already earned! ::yes:: This is the point I was trying to make with @kat_lh here and here. Many think they need to separate their "savings" but that's not the case. If you're handed a gift card you should use it immediately, stores are earning interest while we hold onto them. Earn your own interest and put it into a savings account or just buy a Disney gift card. It's just a matter of pen & paper that defines your savings in the end.
I know that I could save even more if I cashed out for Sam's Club/WalMart and bought the discounted cards at Sam's Club, but I don't want to wait 6 months to save up $150 to buy the discounted 3pack. I prefer to buy the $25 one at a time, just in case something like this comes up. Right now, I was already counting on the $100 in discounted gift cards (8800 SB) that I would be redeeming and converting between now and when I go on my trip. I was initially going to do $50 ($25 gift card and $25 PayPal redemption) and use the QR code at BB, but then that fell through. Then I defaulted back to Target, but they just made that more "difficult". I might cash out for a Wal-Mart gift card in July and give them a try. We shop at Sam's Club a lot and we would never be "stuck" with unused Wal-Mart gift cards. I will just have to check our local Wal-Mart and see if they even sell $25 Disney gift cards.

Heads Up Safeway/Albertsons/Vons Shoppers!

Woof! You all got a nice offer and it's stackable!

• Safeway is offering $15 off when you buy two $100 Visa gift cards. They have a $5.95 activation fee each, so you’re netting $3.10 upfront on $200 spent.
  • Use your Chase Freedom or Blue Cash Preferred Am. Ex. card and you could earn an additional 5% cash back this quarter because the bonus category is grocery stores. Or, the Blue Cash Preferred card from American Express offers 6% back at grocery stores.
  • Discover It - is also 5% back on grocery this quarter Thanks @amalone1013 :thumbsup2
  • Then use Swag Bucks at Best Buy
  • - Best Buy Certificate
Savings: $41.75 on $200 Disney Gift Cards - saweet!

Link: https://pointstoneverland.com/grocery-discount-leads-to-20-off-disney-gift-cards/

Last edited:
Heads Up Safeway/Albertsons/Vons Shoppers!

Woof! You all got a nice offer and it's stackable!

• Safeway is offering $15 off when you buy two $100 Visa gift cards. They have a $5.95 activation fee each, so you’re netting $3.10 upfront on $200 spent.
  • Use your Chase Freedom or Blue Cash Preferred Am. Ex. card and you could earn an additional 5% cash back this quarter because the bonus category is grocery stores. Or, the Blue Cash Preferred card from American Express offers 6% back at grocery stores.
  • Then use Swag Bucks at Best Buy
  • - Best Buy Certificate
Savings: $41.75 on $200 Disney Gift Cards - saweet!

Link: https://pointstoneverland.com/grocery-discount-leads-to-20-off-disney-gift-cards/
Discover It is also 5% back on grocery this quarter :)

Does anyone know the current price of a $500 Disney GC at Sam's IN-STORE? I know the in-store price is often different from the online price. Trying to figure out which is currently the better deal. btw- it looks like they went back to free shipping of the GC when you buy online. The last time I ordered there had been a small shipping charge for the plastic GC mailed to you.

Does anyone know the current price of a $500 Disney GC at Sam's IN-STORE? I know the in-store price is often different from the online price. Trying to figure out which is currently the better deal. btw- it looks like they went back to free shipping of the GC when you buy online. The last time I ordered there had been a small shipping charge for the plastic GC mailed to you.
Last weekend, Denver metro, was $484.98

Last weekend, Denver metro, was $484.98
Thanks. Same price online. But online I can only use 4 of my $25 Walmart GC (swagbucks), whereas at the store, they let me use as many GC toward the purchase as I want. -- or at least they did the last time I bought Disney GC for a previous trip.
So maybe I'll be buying in the store this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter