Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does PPDG typically take to deliver GC? I think the last time the turn around was pretty quick, but I can't remember for sure.

During the promo back on 06/08, I decided to go ahead and turn $800 in ebay cards I had into Carnival, since my churning avenues seem to have dried up. I did get this offer though and still had a little over $100 in ebay from cashing in swagbucks, so I figured what the heck. I went ahead and ordered a $100 BB card from PPDG. My measly little $100 order went through just fine. Maybe if I stick to smaller orders and don't push my luck the PPDG gods will continue to have mercy on me. :tiptoe:

Now to decide if I should go ahead and place an order on BB online once the BB card comes or wait to get more BB cards.....hmmm....decisions, decisions. Guess since I've had to add extra items I should probably wait and build up more BB cards then just place one order. I was successful having the ebay card mailed to me by BB last time, so I'll stick with what I know works for me. I must say I'm a little jealous of those of you who can run over to your b&m stores to pickup ebay cards.

Got it!!! :cool1:.... Bought some WM gc's to use at Sam's club.... will likely spend on greoceries/dis gc's. Cashed out all ebay gc's from last ebucks for this, got ebates+4x ebucks+sams club discount which is fine by me......and I'm out for a while.... I definitely enjoy saving money, but current deals are not worth the stress I'm having IMHO.... (not 100% out, just kicking back for a while to utilize other avenues for saving while watching for new ideas I can use) FWIW I have what I need for basics for my next trip planned so it's all good for a while.... if I've learned one thing from churning it's to enjoy the savings while I can get them, and even if I never get another deal like I have in the past, I'm happy to have saved as much as I did. (big words,till my next ebucks come in lol)

oh I forgot to mention... I bought some gc's from sellers with excellent feedback for selling this sort of thing.... I am not bothering with ppdgc etc at all. Yes I took a smal hit on overall saved, but worth it for my stress levels.

Got it!!! :cool1:.... Bought some WM gc's to use at Sam's club.... will likely spend on greoceries/dis gc's. Cashed out all ebay gc's from last ebucks for this, got ebates+4x ebucks+sams club discount which is fine by me......and I'm out for a while.... I definitely enjoy saving money, but current deals are not worth the stress I'm having IMHO.... (not 100% out, just kicking back for a while to utilize other avenues for saving while watching for new ideas I can use) FWIW I have what I need for basics for my next trip planned so it's all good for a while.... if I've learned one thing from churning it's to enjoy the savings while I can get them, and even if I never get another deal like I have in the past, I'm happy to have saved as much as I did. (big words,till my next ebucks come in lol)

Did you order them from an individual seller?

Remind me what to do if I try to order BB gc and it says "your saved payment option can't be used for purchases". I didn't enter an option.

ETA: got it to work....sorry I don't know how to delete this post.

Grrr... I'm so rusty at this (as opportunities have been few and far apart) that I forgot to use a portal. :mad:

Anyway, thanks to OP for the heads-up.

Phew, got the offer, placed 1 order for Best Buy through PPDG using ebay gc, went through no issue. Decided to test my luck for another $200 same thing. Had to verify by text 2x but it went through. I still have $230 in ebay gc but not sure I want to test my luck again. I need to accumulate much more in Disney gc than I can accomplish through churning alone and in a short period of time, so I may just cash out the Best Buy to Disney and then just pay via credit card on the next promo. Saving 8-10% is better than 0% and that's where I'm at unfortunately. Other option is discounted Target cards on Raise/Cardpool but I'm afraid of running too much through Target at this point too.

Did you order them from an individual seller?
Yes. I've been buying and selling on ebay for many years....and I search carefully for certain items before buying. the sellers I found had positive feedback in the 1000's for selling like items.

I was checking hourly today and was so excited when I saw the bonus. I give up. I've locked my account, uploaded my ID, now waiting 2 days for them to verify. Probably triggered that when I tried to withdraw my balance since I was irritated with PP. Husband's acct is still locked. I might try it later, but probably not since I'll need his phone to verify and he'll have to leave. Tried my son's Paypal acct and it wouldn't go through due to suspicious activity.

I did manage to purchase a small item that I was not paying for with giftcards. Didn't earn much since it was under $100.

Instead of calling paypal (I hate talking to computers so I hung up) I sent them an email with my opinions. Then I was on Ebay checkout page and noticed a feedback link, I gave them my opinion as well.

I wanted to get some Lowe's gift cards. PPDG doesn't have $150 cards so I loaded a $100 card and a $50 card to my cart. It appears they are not considering this to meet the $150 threshold for 8% Ebucks; they are counting the items separately.
$150x8% should=$12 Ebucks

instead they are giving me six percent for the $100
and four percent for the $50=$8 Ebucks

Not sure I'm going to bother with it for that.

I ordered 2 $100 BB gc and got $16 ebucks so looks like they counted them as one. I'm guessing since the same card amounts?!?

I wanted to get some Lowe's gift cards. PPDG doesn't have $150 cards so I loaded a $100 card and a $50 card to my cart. It appears they are not considering this to meet the $150 threshold for 8% Ebucks; they are counting the items separately.

You might get the 8% if you ordered three of the $50 cards. I ordered three of the $100 and got $24.

If you add 3 - $50 Gift Cards to your cart you will get the 8%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter