Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't bother to read the fine print until now. Not good on gift card purchases. Oh well!

Yeah, I did see that. But I also use PP occasionally for online purchases that I think there's a chance I may be returning, because PP offers some number of free return shipping up to $30 (or something like that).

More Paypal/PPDG saga: Tried $300 of BB GC - Nope. $200 - Nope. $100 - Nope, plus suspcious activity and locked out of my account. Had to reset. Then after I reset, I clicked on the paypal button - no popup screen showed up. Instead, I got a message saying I was not authorized the server. It was a message that was literally overlayed on top of the eBay page right where the paypal button was. Tried using it for an Exxon GC - same message. Tried using Chrome - same message. Tried unplugging my router - same message. Tried using ebates app on my phone through LTE instead of wireless - same message. Finally, tried it on eBay app without ebates and it worked for the Exxon GC. This was at 5:58 p.m. PDT. Was going to try BB again, but BB GC wouldn't show up in my eBay app. By the time I tried on my normal pc browser, time expired.

Summary: PPDG still sucks. Also, potential new error message using ebates with paypal indicating that you're not authorized to access server. Worked fine with non-PPDG, and non-ebates purchase. Oh, and PPDG still sucks.

Can the Disney gift cards be used on anything- resorts, cruises, parks, etc? We're new, but considering registering for Disney cards as we are taking our honeymoon on a Disney Cruise and at the parks! Thanks!

Can the Disney gift cards be used on anything- resorts, cruises, parks, etc? We're new, but considering registering for Disney cards as we are taking our honeymoon on a Disney Cruise and at the parks! Thanks!

I've used them in the parks and on cruises. Also used them for the Disney owned hotels. Just note that there is a difference between Disney GC and Disney Store GC. Disney Store GC have very limited use. Disney GC = very versatile.

I have sold a few target gift cards this month, because I got an offer of selling with only $50 of fees for the month of June. I need to find someone else with this offer and work with them. Lol

I got a similar coupon for this month too. I thought about trying to sell some GC's . Are you finding it pretty easy to sell them?

I got a similar coupon for this month too. I thought about trying to sell some GC's . Are you finding it pretty easy to sell them?

Yes, I have had no trouble at all. I make sure I ship with tracking and take a photo of the gift card number just in case. I would love to buy some of yours during the next ebucks promo. I have not had any luck buying from PPDG in the last 2 weeks and have missed out on my ebucks. :(
I tried to message you, but either I am too new to this board, or you do not accept messages. :)

:idea: Thought: What if I happened to find a good looking and honest eBay seller of Target cards....say, my husband perhaps....and I decided to buy those from him and pay via paypal gift cards?

Someone tell me why this is a bad idea because I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Edit: Yikes. Ebay fees are steep! 10%. Ok maybe thats the big obvious thing I was missing...off to crunch some numbers (instead of laundry which I should be doing instead).

Edit part II: The only thing I would be gaining from that churn is ebates and the additional spending on our Ink credit card (around 10% if we get GC's from an office supply store). Maybe the 5% from Target online for the final cashout if they continue selling those. All in all probably not worth the hassle. Dang-- I really wanted to be onto something:rolleyes:
Be very careful of this, ebay has some strict rules regarding, bidding, purchasing and even leaving feedback from someone you know, they also claim that it could be considered illegal, and they would report it to authorities if warranted

I can't even get to the verify stage. I just get "this payment option isn't available"... I'm so frustrated!
I'm right there with you!! OMG!! I had $900 to use that I got from BB from last weeks flash promo. My GS haven't arrived yet(and supposedly, not even shipped yet, argh). I tried buying thru my Ebay and paypal acct, and DD25's acct's as well, we both got the promo. Got the this payment method not available, so have to call message. First, the guy was gonna verify me with the questions, then decided not to and told me to make some kinda onetime payment going thru paypal .com/wax. I looked at that but it was like signing up for an account or something weird, or if you had an acct you could upgrade. It was confusing. I just called back and told her he was gonna do the questions to verify, but then she said it wouldn't let her complete that and I had to wait for 48 hours. She was very nice, at least, but couldn't see anything wrong why it wouldn't go thru. Ugh! Tried then to call paypal and get my DD25's acct to get verified, and the person tried but it wouldn't work so she connected me to what i thought she said was ebay. But they said they were paypal. A bit confused as to who they connected me to, but she wasn't very helpful. Said they can't override anything, but the was some security thing and I'd need to just wait. Super frustrating!! And I got access denied for the server, as well, so couldn't make any purchase.

I did my first Best Buy churns today. Bought $300 with the eBay gift cards I've been hanging on to with the last 3% on Ebates and another $300 today with a $45 and some change card I've had for a while that I used to use for shipping fees for Target cards and credit card for the rest. Searched all over the darn store to find the gift cards and wouldn't you know they stare at you RIGHT when you walk in! :laughing: So I grabbed a loadable Disney one and a loadable eBay one and asked for $300 on each, he asked for the $600 and looked at the paper gift cards a little funny but proceeded with no questions asked other than, would you like me to throw these away? And they went straight to the shredder!
If only we could get PPDG to cooperate, this would be a great alternative to the TArget churn, and I'd be completely happy with it for earning ebucks!! My BB purchases have been so easy so far, makes PPDG part a bit more frustrating, lol.

Seems like eBay is running a lot more flash bonuses this quarter in lieu of 2-day bonuses.
Yeah, they sure are, and i don't like it too much, but better than no promos for sure. And, with work getting in my way, lol, it makes it hard to do these, especially when trying to do PPDG. I'm continually fighting the clock, lol. But, pleased in the end when it works out, though not today. Nothing worked today.

More Paypal/PPDG saga: Tried $300 of BB GC - Nope. $200 - Nope. $100 - Nope, plus suspcious activity and locked out of my account. Had to reset. Then after I reset, I clicked on the paypal button - no popup screen showed up. Instead, I got a message saying I was not authorized the server. It was a message that was literally overlayed on top of the eBay page right where the paypal button was. Tried using it for an Exxon GC - same message. Tried using Chrome - same message. Tried unplugging my router - same message. Tried using ebates app on my phone through LTE instead of wireless - same message. Finally, tried it on eBay app without ebates and it worked for the Exxon GC. This was at 5:58 p.m. PDT. Was going to try BB again, but BB GC wouldn't show up in my eBay app. By the time I tried on my normal pc browser, time expired.

Summary: PPDG still sucks. Also, potential new error message using ebates with paypal indicating that you're not authorized to access server. Worked fine with non-PPDG, and non-ebates purchase. Oh, and PPDG still sucks.
Yep, this is what happened to me! After trying to get something thru PPDG on my acct and DD's acct, and calling a few times and being unsuccessful, I was gonna use one $100 card that was connected specifically to my acct and buy a GS gc from a new seller with no fees for a physical card. Couldn't get any payment thru with that darn message about the server being denied. I never did get anything saying my acct was locked for suspicious activity, though. Haven't tried anything since then, that was about 6:30 central time.

I'm not sure what to do for an exit strategy if I can't order anything through PPDG. I was going to Best Buy, but now it seems that GS is the only way to go and they don't sell Disney. hmmmm.....
I'm hoping PPDG will again work for me in July, I want to use my ebay bucks to buy BB to convert that right to Disney. I'll still keep my other cards in GS/ebay for churning for ebucks. Hopefully that'll work, until I need to do differently.
Worst case scenarios:

You could always sell the GS GCs to a reseller site for about 82-85% of face value (which is what GS usually goes for) but receive it back in cash.

You could see what GCs GS does sell, go to giftcardgranny to compare which has the highest resale value, trade your GS for that card, and resell that card to recoup a better percentage than above in cash.

You could convert GS to eBay, use the eBay credit to buy something with a high resale value (like a new iPad or MacBook, which I see go on sale frequently) during a Bonus Bucks promo (to get those Bucks and offset any eBay selling fees), then turn around and sell that item back on eBay or Craigslist for cash.

If your GS does not accept GC-for-GC, you can buy something with a high resale value (like a game console), sell it on eBay or Craigslist, and cash out that way.

With cash, you can take it to Target or Raise>Target, and buy Disney GCs with the 5% discount.

The point is, if you can liquidate your GS, BB, Sears GCs to cash at close to a 90% value, the Target REDCard discount gives you another 5%, and possibly more with Raise et al., so you won't lose too much at the end of it (and hopefully you'll have churned your funds a few times and made some profit).

(ETA detail.)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, especially as it happens to fit my situation using BB and GS, pretty well. It suggests some options I'd not thought of, Like after converting to cash, then to raise/ target for that 5+%(pretty obvious, but didn't think of it yet). Sometimes just having others discuss options is very helpful, especially when you don't have others to really discuss this whole churning with. My DD25 is it, but she just really has no clue when I toss some thoughts around. Right now i'm good with keeping things going, but seeing some good possible options when/if needed.

Last edited:
I have sold a few target gift cards this month, because I got an offer of selling with only $50 of fees for the month of June. I need to find someone else with this offer and work with them. Lol
Guess I should check my ebay messages out better in case I need to sell at all.

My experience with PPDG was very similar to many of yours. In past sales, I managed to get BB cards, but each time it got harder and harder. Today, I tried to buy some BB cards, and after verifying my account 4 times, 2 before it asked me to sign into PP and 2 times more afterward, I got the weird error code.
I am so disappointed, because I have had NO problems using my cards at the 2 local BB's.
I opted to use my ebay gc to try out GS. I already have some Sears gc's, but have not made it to a Kmart store yet to try my luck.
For churning, if neither Sears or GS turns out to be something I can use, I am just going to sit tight for a while and accumulate Target cards, even if it is just from Raise and the small cards I get from shopping at Target. I have over a year before I need to worry about paying for Disney, and I already have enough in my fund for a deposit for when I can make a reservation. And so I wait.

Meanwhile, I wanted to get some ebay bucks, and I found a bracelet I wanted that had a Best Offer option. I made a offer, the seller countered with something reasonable, and I bought myself a present, and made a bunch of bucks! The seller says the price tag is still attached, so I will see how much I saved, hopefully by early next week.

For those of you who are planning to eat at Rainforest Cafe, Yak and Yeti or T-Rex while at WDW, GiftCardMall, SVM and Cardency are all carrying Landry's cards.
PPDG does too, but I think I will leave them alone. I have already given them neutral feedback on one of my cards from them, and I am planning to do it again when I am calmer, and state (in as few characters as possible) that shopping with them is an unpleasant experience. I realize that they are doing their best to stay secure, but when repeat customers get turned away, they need to fix something.

My experience with PPDG was very similar to many of yours. In past sales, I managed to get BB cards, but each time it got harder and harder. Today, I tried to buy some BB cards, and after verifying my account 4 times, 2 before it asked me to sign into PP and 2 times more afterward, I got the weird error code.
I am so disappointed, because I have had NO problems using my cards at the 2 local BB's.
I opted to use my ebay gc to try out GS. I already have some Sears gc's, but have not made it to a Kmart store yet to try my luck.
For churning, if neither Sears or GS turns out to be something I can use, I am just going to sit tight for a while and accumulate Target cards, even if it is just from Raise and the small cards I get from shopping at Target. I have over a year before I need to worry about paying for Disney, and I already have enough in my fund for a deposit for when I can make a reservation. And so I wait.

Meanwhile, I wanted to get some ebay bucks, and I found a bracelet I wanted that had a Best Offer option. I made a offer, the seller countered with something reasonable, and I bought myself a present, and made a bunch of bucks! The seller says the price tag is still attached, so I will see how much I saved, hopefully by early next week.

For those of you who are planning to eat at Rainforest Cafe, Yak and Yeti or T-Rex while at WDW, GiftCardMall, SVM and Cardency are all carrying Landry's cards.
PPDG does too, but I think I will leave them alone. I have already given them neutral feedback on one of my cards from them, and I am planning to do it again when I am calmer, and state (in as few characters as possible) that shopping with them is an unpleasant experience. I realize that they are doing their best to stay secure, but when repeat customers get turned away, they need to fix something.
I got $100 Landry using ebucks - planning to try yak and yeti for the first time on our next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter