Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have 2 eBay accounts linked to the same PayPal? Do you use whichever gets the offers & just keep track to not go over the $500 limit? I opened a new eBay acct when I wasn't getting any of the offers & then started getting them on the old acct & have never used the new one. Today my new acct got the bonus offer but not the one I use. Would you go ahead & do the offer on the new acct or just skip it and wait for one on the one I normally use? I was debating closing the new acct since I'd never used it but now am not sure what to do since it got the bonus. What would you do?

I have two eBay accounts linked to one PP. Mine and my dh's. I actually tried to make him his own PP but it never worked right so I closed it and put him back on my old PP. I have used both ebay accounts on the same PP for 10'ish years.

If someone is willing to take a look at this and see if I am missing something, or calculating something wrong, I'd really appreciate it. The 5% from Target is throwing me. I don't know how to account for that.

I think it's overkill to keep a log of where every small amount was earned... I used to do this in the old days when the movement of funds was simpler... but now it's complicated with bits and pieces everywhere. All that really matters is what cash I've spent and what my investment is worth. I use a simple 4 walls inventory: I count whenever I spend money to buy in, and I calculate the current value of my investment. The difference between the two is my profit.

So anything like...
* Buying in at Ebay / Raise / Cardpool
* Paying shipping charges via Paypal
* Putting any extra on my Red Card
... go in the costs column.

And then anything like...
* GCs I've got in hand
* Disney cards that have exited the system and gone to DVA
* Goods I get from Target / Ebay
* EBucks, EBates, MrRebates
... go into the value column.

It's easy to see the difference.
e.g. I've put in about $5,300, have a value of around $8,800, for a profit of $3,500.

Then I have a simple list of money that is in transit. Like...
* "6x$150 Target coming from EBay"
* "$200 Disney coming from Target"

And so on. This way I don't lose sight of anything.

I also keep a current list of cards with partial values, and if those values are linked to a Paypal account or open. With how good the deal today was, I pretty much crammed all my funds thru Ebay to wipe out all my partials and get a nice clean start.

I received the 8% offer. I put 2 $150 gift cards in my cart. When I go to checkout it summarizes only $8.00 in ebay bucks. What am I missing? I activated the offer.

Just go to the final page, it'll update there. Happens all the time to me.

Would you go ahead & do the offer on the new acct or just skip it and wait for one on the one I normally use? I was debating closing the new acct since I'd never used it but now am not sure what to do since it got the bonus. What would you do?

Why wouldn't you do the current offer on the account that you got the Bucks promo on? This seems like an easy call. You might never get an offer again so of course seize the opportunity.

Last edited:
I have been reading this thread for the last 6 months or so and got the Ebucks deal today. I clicked to activate it and bought $400 worth of Target GC. It showed $32 in Ebucks. When I got to Checkout, I paid $300 with an ebay GC and the other $105 with PP, but I noticed that the Ebucks went back to only $10 instead of $32. I went ahead and checked out thinking it would correct itself, but it did not. Am I out of luck? If so, what did I do wrong? I really appreciate this thread!!

ETA: I went back and checked my Ebay Bucks and it still has the $32 in there so I guess it was just a mistake on the checkout screen! I am going to leave this comment up though in case someone else has it happen to them.

Last edited:
I have been reading this thread for the last 6 months or so and got the Ebucks deal today. I clicked to activate it and bought $400 worth of Target GC. It showed $32 in Ebucks. When I got to Checkout, I paid $300 with an ebay GC and the other $105 with PP, but I noticed that the Ebucks went back to only $10 instead of $32. I went ahead and checked out thinking it would correct itself, but it did not. Am I out of luck? If so, what did I do wrong? I really appreciate this thread!!

ETA: I went back and checked my Ebay Bucks and it still has the $32 in there so I guess it was just a mistake on the checkout screen! I am going to leave this comment up though in case someone else has it happen to them.

Check your eBay bucks summary to confirm how much you actually earned. My eBay -> Summary -> Buy -> eBay Bucks

It bounces around a lot on me, from the regular bucks to the promo bucks... but always on the last Complete Order page, I make sure it's the right amount. I don't think it's ever not been right on the final page. If it was wrong there, I would close out and start over. Try a different browser if it was wrong again. If you've already submitted it like that, you can cancel if you do so right away. But this might be complicated, cancelling and getting credit back to your GCs. GCM isn't particularly fast to respond to things so you'll probly miss the Bucks promo if you do this. Really I've screwed things up several times, forgot to do EBates, add an Ebates-excluded item as my bonus item, or other things that have cost me $20 a shot, and I just let it go and be more diligent next time. Some have had luck calling EBay but that would probly not be worth it to me to spend an hour on the phone. I would let your $400 ship. When you get them, spend them at Target on 2 $200's and a small item, so you'll be left with around $20 on a Target card, $8 in EBates, ($4 more EBates if you triggered it on the Ebay side) and a new $400 to spend at EBay next week. :)

Last edited:
Another benefit of turning your eBay Bucks into eBay Gift Cards: I hadn't spent my eBay Bucks on either of my accounts, and I did not receive today's bonus offer on either account. My brother, however, who had not earned any eBay Bucks last quarter (amateur) did get the promo.

I used my eBay Bucks to buy eBay GCs, and then used the resulting GCs on his account (with his permission) to accumulate bucks using his 8% offer.

Short Version: eBay Bucks -> eBay GCs gives you freedom to use your funds on any account.

I'm going to hang tight with my ebucks holding out for a possible offer soon. I've still got until May 3rd to use them, so I'm just wishful thinking that I'll get an offer before then.

My spreadsheet tracking method is similar to what MrInfinity said, but maybe with a little more detail. I definitely don't track everything that could be considered savings. My total savings and percentage savings formulas boil down to the value of my gift cards less the amount of cash I've put out. I do track ebay bucks I receive on transactions, but do not track any swagbucks I get back or credit card % back when I purchase cards. I haven't used ebates at all (althought I'm starting to think I should try it) so that's not incorporated in my sheet.

Basically I have a tab for each card type. On each tab each row is used to track an individual card, where I have columns for order date, purchased from, value of card, amount paid in cash, amount paid with gift cards, gift card number, and PIN (if necessary). The last few columns are where I track when I use up the balance on the card. I log how much was used and on what date. When the balance is zeroed the row turns gray so I can easily spot my cards with remaining balances since they stay white. I also use the last row to track any ebucks I should be receiving.

I also have a summary page that adds up the value of all my existing cards for a total cards balance, then adds in any ebucks for a "cards + rewards balance". Finally I have a calculation for cards + rewards balance - total cash spent = total savings and another calculation for percentage savings.

Why wouldn't you do the current offer on the account that you got the Bucks promo on? This seems like an easy call. You might never get an offer again so of course seize the opportunity.

I was worried about having eBay bucks on 2 different accounts. The only stipulation I see is that they can't go over the $500 eBay bucks for the quarter. Am I missing anything else?

I was worried about having eBay bucks on 2 different accounts. The only stipulation I see is that they can't go over the $500 eBay bucks for the quarter. Am I missing anything else?
It's totally fine. They don't combine of course, you have to spend them separately when the time comes. I don't think you're missing anything...

It's totally fine. They don't combine of course, you have to spend them separately when the time comes. I don't think you're missing anything...

I just found this on the ebay bucks terms and conditions.... @MrInfinity can you tell me if I am reading it right? It sounds like I can only earn ebay bucks on one of my ebay accounts. Is that right? It was actually #7 on the rewards guidelines but when I copied it in here, it made it a #1
  1. Rewards may only be earned on one eBay account per Eligible Participant regardless of the number of eBay accounts used by such Eligible Participant

I think I need to close my other eBay account. I hate missing out on a bonus offer but I'd hate even more to get banned from eBay. Just found this:

Can I earn eBay Bucks on multiple accounts?
No. There is a maximum of one (1) eBay account per person that can be enrolled in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. Members are not allowed to have or create multiple eBay Bucks accounts to circumvent the quarterly earn limit, and it is also not permitted to combine or transfer your earn balance from one account to another.

I think I need to close my other eBay account. I hate missing out on a bonus offer but I'd hate even more to get banned from eBay. Just found this:

Can I earn eBay Bucks on multiple accounts?
No. There is a maximum of one (1) eBay account per person that can be enrolled in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. Members are not allowed to have or create multiple eBay Bucks accounts to circumvent the quarterly earn limit, and it is also not permitted to combine or transfer your earn balance from one account to another.

That is correct but if you have someone else who would allow you to open one in their name and use the account, then that would allow you to circumvent the rule. My dh has an account but I am the one who uses it. He buys nothing off ebay all by himself lol. He really only shops on Amazon if he does any online shopping.

That is correct but if you have someone else who would allow you to open one in their name and use the account, then that would allow you to circumvent the rule. My dh has an account but I am the one who uses it. He buys nothing off ebay all by himself lol. He really only shops on Amazon if he does any online shopping.

I have 2 eBay but they're both in my name. I've had the 1 acct for 10+ yrs & opened a new one in Jan when I wasn't getting any of the bonus offers on the original acct. Now they both get them off & on but I've only used the 1 original acct to this date. Today the new acct (which I've never used) got the offer but the original one didn't. I was debating doing it but after checking, I'm going to pass. The accts are both in my own name so I don't want to risk problems. I will look into an acct later for DH if I think I need to but for this time, I better skip.

I was checking the Target gc status a minute ago (1:35 a.m. EST) & it would only let me put 1 $150 gc in my cart & said it was the last one. Hopefully they'll restock again.

@MichelleB -- I recall @wendow had this issue, so maybe she can shed some light.

Generally, you can only have one account per person. A lot of us still have "access" to more than one account in the names of our spouses, significant others, or close relatives to earn on those accounts as well.

On the subject of multiple accounts, how many of you have two separate Red Cards between you and your spouse? We've been using my wife's Red Card, but with all the gift cards we've been buying and talk of bannings she's suggested I open my own account. I know with a new card, I'll need to establish some shopping history and not go too heavy on the gift cards. But maybe this is a good way to spread out gift card purchases? What are people's thoughts and experiences?

ETA: I see @wendow responded while I was still typing. :worship:

I was checking the Target gc status a minute ago (1:35 a.m. EST) & it would only let me put 1 $150 gc in my cart & said it was the last one. Hopefully they'll restock again.

Same thing happened to me this morning as I was trying to check out and then they sold out. I'll bet GCM restocks in the morning.

Just curious, has anyone ever received the promo the second day it's running? I still keep hoping it'll show up but I realize that's really not likely, lol!

Or, on a new account that is opened? Just askin, lol.

@MichelleB -- I recall @wendow had this issue, so maybe she can shed some light.

Generally, you can only have one account per person. A lot of us still have "access" to more than one account in the names of our spouses, significant others, or close relatives to earn on those accounts as well.

On the subject of multiple accounts, how many of you have two separate Red Cards between you and your spouse? We've been using my wife's Red Card, but with all the gift cards we've been buying and talk of bannings she's suggested I open my own account. I know with a new card, I'll need to establish some shopping history and not go too heavy on the gift cards. But maybe this is a good way to spread out gift card purchases? What are people's thoughts and experiences?

ETA: I see @wendow responded while I was still typing. :worship:

I've been wondering the same thing about two target red cards. I'm thinking about having my husband open one for the same reason.

This hasn't happened to me before but twice yesterday I was trying to order $650 in Target cards from ebay. It showed the correct extra bucks when the 3 x $150 cards were in my basket but when I added the 2 x$100 cards the extra bucks total only showed for the $200. I didn't put the order through, I'm going to separate it but that hasn't happened to me before. I did follow through all the way to the checkout page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter