Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't use Staples GCs to purchase other GCs, I believe. I don't use my Mypoints towards my Disney churning. I am saving up Macy's cards to finish up my wedding china instead. Macy's cards have some of the lowest redemption rates on Mypoints.
I know you can't buy gcs w/ Staples gcs! I tried last week and embarrassed myself. Picture George Castanza(hotter and dressed in drag) buying personal care items at pharmacy and needing a price check.

I know you can't buy gcs w/ Staples gcs! I tried last week and embarrassed myself. Picture George Castanza(hotter and dressed in drag) buying personal care items at pharmacy and needing a price check.

I guess I dislike Mypoints compared to eBates and Swagbucks because the gift card prices vary and they aren't an even exchange of points. $100 in GCs for Macy's costs 12,100 points or 121 points per dollar. $100 in GCs for Target would cost 15,600 points or 156 points per dollar. That is a 28.93% increase to get the Target card over the Macy's card. To me, it is still just $100 and so I am not valuing the money at Target as warranting the price difference. And because of this, I don't value Mypoints as highly as if I got cash back from eBates or SBs.

Mypoints also encourages you to build up a lot of points because the higher denomination GCs are then cheaper. I would rather it be a simple waiting period and then a 1:1 exchange like SB or actual cash back, as is the case with eBates. I favor eBates because I have aways had good luck getting credited and I know the money will actually pay out when they say.

I guess I dislike Mypoints compared to eBates and Swagbucks because the gift card prices vary and they aren't an even exchange of points. $100 in GCs for Macy's costs 12,100 points or 121 points per dollar. $100 in GCs for Target would cost 15,600 points or 156 points per dollar. That is a 28.93% increase to get the Target card over the Macy's card. To me, it is still just $100 and so I am not valuing the money at Target as warranting the price difference. And because of this, I don't value Mypoints as highly as if I got cash back from eBates or SBs.

Mypoints also encourages you to build up a lot of points because the higher denomination GCs are then cheaper. I would rather it be a simple waiting period and then a 1:1 exchange like SB or actual cash back, as is the case with eBates. I favor eBates because I have aways had good luck getting credited and I know the money will actually pay out when they say.
Ooh. Math is hard. My Mypoints break down calculations. This is only considering Target/ Ebay portal purchases and a $100 Target(2 egcs) redemption for 15,600.
Target and Ebay portal=2pts/$. Spend $7800=15,600. So spend $7800 and get $100. I guess the % is....OK my teen says it's 1.28%. I thought it was going to turn out lower so maybe it's wrong.

Ooh. Math is hard. My Mypoints break down calculations. This is only considering Target/ Ebay portal purchases and a $100 Target(2 egcs) redemption for 15,600.
Target and Ebay portal=2pts/$. Spend $7800=15,600. So spend $7800 and get $100. I guess the % is....OK my teen says it's 1.28%. I thought it was going to turn out lower so maybe it's wrong.

It is important to note that many people have not had Mypoints credit them for gift card only purchases at Target in the last week or so. This option might be closed now.

eBates didn't credit me for my GC purchases this week either, and I always seem to have a hard time getting Swagbucks to credit any of my purchases. I guess the door is closing on the ability to get cash back on GC purchases outside of eBay :(

I was saving up mypoints for Staples gc because that seems like the best deal but I didn't factor in Staples gc discount that I get from myverizon rewards points($90 for $100). Also, I bought 2 on 3/22 for the amazing deal of $70! Luckily I had the uncharacteristic patience to wait it out and not buy them on 3/21.
So I just used mypoints for a $50 Target egc(7800 pts) and was wondering your opinions on what is the best deals for mypoints redemptions.

I usually use my points from MyPoints for Choice Hotels $100 gift cards. It's the hotel we use when we visit DD's university. It also has a good redemption value so it works well for us.

I usually use my points from MyPoints for Choice Hotels $100 gift cards. It's the hotel we use when we visit DD's university. It also has a good redemption value so it works well for us.

how do choice hotel gift cards work? on there website i dont see anyone where you use to pay with them.

On 3/24 I ordered Altoids on Ebay and I just received them today. It was fulfilled by Amazon. I wonder how that works. Drop shipping? I just bought them to get my feedback count higher and someone mentioned using the tin to store credit cards/gift cards. Mehh. Gift cards don't fit as good as I thought and the mints are curiously strong.

how do choice hotel gift cards work? on there website i dont see anyone where you use to pay with them.

I've only used them 1 time, but when I used it, I booked online and held the room with a credit card and when I got there and they would normally swipe your credit card, I just gave them the gift card and they applied it to the total we would owe and put the rest on the credit card. It was pretty easy to use, but not upfront, it had to be done at the front desk of the hotel.

I've only used them 1 time, but when I used it, I booked online and held the room with a credit card and when I got there and they would normally swipe your credit card, I just gave them the gift card and they applied it to the total we would owe and put the rest on the credit card. It was pretty easy to use, but not upfront, it had to be done at the front desk of the hotel.

thanks for explaining, may do this when i take the family to Ohio

On 3/24 I ordered Altoids on Ebay and I just received them today. It was fulfilled by Amazon. I wonder how that works. Drop shipping? I just bought them to get my feedback count higher and someone mentioned using the tin to store credit cards/gift cards. Mehh. Gift cards don't fit as good as I thought and the mints are curiously strong.
That happened to me with an iPad case. The seller bought it from Amazon and used prime to ship it to me.

eBates didn't credit me for my GC purchases this week either, and I always seem to have a hard time getting Swagbucks to credit any of my purchases. I guess the door is closing on the ability to get cash back on GC purchases outside of eBay :(

I made two purchases through ebay on the 23rd, both for $400. Ebates credited me for one but not the other.
I would put in ticket to request the cashback. It's super easy to fill out the form and I've never been turned down. Yesterday, while waiting on ebates to credit my 3 purchases on 3/23, I decided to put in a ticket for another order we put in on 3/24, also on DD25's card. I figured I'd test it out. I put in a ticket and right got , probably an automated, response and then within a half hour another email response that it was approved and credited! Same thing happened about 6 weeks ago and they quickly fixed it. Plus, I put in a ticket in January, for an item at target bought early December, and it was also quickly adjusted. I'd say put in a ticket for your eBay purchases instead of figuring it's closed. Can't hurt and I bet you get your cashback!

Thanks. I definitely will. I thought I'd wait until Monday as that would be 6 days but then I also had 2 ebay purchases on the 24th that haven't credited. My Target purchases credit by the next day.

My credit union's Visa card gives 5% cash back if you buy online at Sam's through their portal. That doesn't help everyone I know, but it might give you help on where to check.

LOL! I've also been looking around the house for something good to keep cards in. I wonder if anyone has suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter