Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I had the email and it appears that you have to click through the email in order to claim the deal. I tried to search for it after just logging into my Groupon account and I couldn't find it.

You're welcome! Ooooh good to know. I can't seem to find an email so maybe I just don't have it, but I did try logging in and purchasing it and that didn't work, so I'll keep looking.

This is sort of OT, but I decided what I want to do with my eBucks...

We're going to WDW this fall with my parents and my sister's family (10 people total) and we were all initially planning to fly out of FNT together on Saturday afternoon because it is a cheaper, non-stop flight than flying out of our home airport of GRR. My family (DH, DD13 and DD11) has 7-day park tickets and I have an AP, but the rest of the group only have 6-day tickets. With our flight landing late in the afternoon, the rest of the family wants to go to Disney Springs for dinner and just chill before hitting the parks the next day. Since my family has park tickets, we'd really like to get in a little park time. So... I checked and there is a flight out of GRR on FRIDAY night, departing at 6:30pm (kids don't have to miss school!), plane change at MDW, and landing at MCO at 11:00pm. I figured we'd stay at the airport Hyatt and catch DME in the morning so we can hit a park before meeting the rest of the family at Disney Springs for dinner.

This was a bit of a budget issue because the Hyatt is $250 and the airfare is going to add another $100. That's when I saw that GCM also sells Hyatt gift cards. I figure that I can use my eBucks to pay for Hyatt gift cards until I have $250 accumulated. Then I will switch back to Target. This will make our night at the Hyatt completely free:goodvibes!

Back on topic with a question...

I have $55 in eBucks right now and $300 in Target cards available. I know that the eBucks will be available on April 3...but for how long? What will be my best strategy to use them? Should I use them towards another Target card and then increase the amount that I am "churning" (currently $300) to $350? Or should I just use them towards a $50 Hyatt card right now and then work towards another with the next eBucks promo? I assume that they cannot be used to buy an eBay gift card, right? If so, should I do that until I accumulate $250 and just buy (1) $250 Hyatt card? I don't want to eat up all of my earnings with shipping fees.

I have $55 in eBucks right now and $300 in Target cards available. I know that the eBucks will be available on April 3...but for how long? What will be my best strategy to use them? Should I use them towards another Target card and then increase the amount that I am "churning" (currently $300) to $350? Or should I just use them towards a $50 Hyatt card right now and then work towards another with the next eBucks promo? I assume that they cannot be used to buy an eBay gift card, right? If so, should I do that until I accumulate $250 and just buy (1) $250 Hyatt card? I don't want to eat up all of my earnings with shipping fees.

You have 30 days to spend them. I'd just buy a Target card with them, but wait till the end of March to decide. I would try to get yourself closer to $100 in Ebay Bucks so you can buy a $100 Target card. I think there is no problem buying an Ebay card with them to essentially make them not expire, but I don't really see a point to leaving money in Ebay.

This is sort of OT, but I decided what I want to do with my eBucks...

I think you'd get more out of churning a Target GC then cashing out for a $50 Hyatt card and holding on to it! :) You can always put in your spreadsheet (or just remember it) that $50 is towards your hotel stay.. and then it will just keep growing from there.

You have 30 days to spend them. I'd just buy a Target card with them, but wait till the end of March to decide. I would try to get yourself closer to $100 in Ebay Bucks so you can buy a $100 Target card. I think there is no problem buying an Ebay card with them to essentially make them not expire, but I don't really see a point to leaving money in Ebay.

I'd add that, yes you have 30 days to spend your eBay Bucks but don't necessarily spend them right away. Most people seem to think that eBay won't run a new eBay Bucks promo during an eBay Bucks redemption period, but I seem to recall that did happen back in January. Wait a bit and see.

You could redeem your eBay Bucks during an eBay Bucks promo and get credit for that spending. You won't get eBay Bucks if you buy an eBay GC, but will if you buy Target, Hyatt, etc.

I think you'd get more out of churning a Target GC then cashing out for a $50 Hyatt card and holding on to it! :) You can always put in your spreadsheet (or just remember it) that $50 is towards your hotel stay.. and then it will just keep growing from there.
Agreed! I would continue to purchase and churn Target/eBay/Target for a little while longer and then use the final eBay GCs to purchase the Hyatt GCs that you need for your one-night stay. It would still result in a free (or almost free) stay but you would multiply your money.

Yes, there was a 4x promo on 1/20. I believe there were 2 promos in October, but I don't know the dates on those because I didn't get them :rolleyes: Probably because I had over $300 in ebay bucks to spend.

Another advantage of buying a Target card with your eBay bucks vs buying an eBay gift card is that you earn eBay bucks on all purchases except eBay gift cards. So yes, you'd have to pay shipping, but between whatever portal site you use, the eBay bucks you'd earn, AND the 5% discount converting it back into eBay gift cards, you're way ahead using your bucks to buy Target vs going straight to an eBay gift card.

Thanks for the input! I still want to get Disney gift cards too so I will probably need to increase my churn amount:goodvibes

Agreed! I would continue to purchase and churn Target/eBay/Target for a little while longer and then use the final eBay GCs to purchase the Hyatt GCs that you need for your one-night stay. It would still result in a free (or almost free) stay but you would multiply your money.

Is there any reason for me to use my $300 now and only earn $6 more in eBucks? I have been getting my cards from GCM about 7 calendar days after I order them. I *think* I could get one more churn before the end of the month which would leave me with $67 eBucks. My thought in buying a $50 Hyatt card with my current eBucks is that the $55 I have would cover the card and shipping. The extra $12 wouldn't "roll over" to the next quarter so I would not have enough to net myself a "free" card. I can try increasing my "churn" to $600 for the next three months and that might get me up to $100 in eBucks before June. Then I can get another $100 "free" Hyatt card. When the period ends in September, are the eBucks available in early October? I'd need the last $100 Hyatt card quickly since we'd be leaving on the 14th. Is this doable?

Is there any reason for me to use my $300 now and only earn $6 more in eBucks? I have been getting my cards from GCM about 7 calendar days after I order them. I *think* I could get one more churn before the end of the month which would leave me with $67 eBucks. My thought in buying a $50 Hyatt card with my current eBucks is that the $55 I have would cover the card and shipping. The extra $12 wouldn't "roll over" to the next quarter so I would not have enough to net myself a "free" card. I can try increasing my "churn" to $600 for the next three months and that might get me up to $100 in eBucks before June. Then I can get another $100 "free" Hyatt card. When the period ends in September, are the eBucks available in early October? I'd need the last $100 Hyatt card quickly since we'd be leaving on the 14th. Is this doable?

If you don't need the cards until October, it makes no sense to buy the Hyatt cards now. Instead of buying a $50 Hyatt card, buy a $50 Target card - you could work your way up to churning $450 each time around much faster that way.

Other notes: Don't churn one more time to bump you up to $67 - that doesn't help you enough to be worth it, in my opinion.

Lastly, you probably want to convert to Hyatt just before the * quarter ends, just to be safe. You can then take your October ebay bucks and buy more Target cards to restart your churning.

ETA: *September

Last edited:
Login and go to "classic site" (at the bottom of the page). Click on the 2nd item on the left side, "my Money." In the middle of page "gifts and discounts", it will tell you how much you have left on cards loaded to your account click on "get redemption code" and it will list them (with all your zero balance ones as well).

For the life of me, I can't find "my money". I click on the classic site and it takes me to paypal history. Where is "my money"?

For the life of me, I can't find "my money". I click on the classic site and it takes me to paypal history. Where is "my money"?
Sometimes, it is wonky and you have to click on "Wallet" right after you log in and before you go to classic site. I have edited my post to reflect that :)

If you don't need the cards until October, it makes no sense to buy the Hyatt cards now. Instead of buying a $50 Hyatt card, buy a $50 Target card - you could work your way up to churning $450 each time around much faster that way.

Other notes: Don't churn one more time to bump you up to $67 - that doesn't help you enough to be worth it, in my opinion.

Lastly, you probably want to convert to Hyatt just before the * quarter ends, just to be safe. You can then take your October ebay bucks and buy more Target cards to restart your churning.

ETA: *September

Thank you....that is exactly the information I needed. One more question...if I'm using the eBucks to buy a $50 Target card, should I combine it with one of my other $150 cards and buy (4) $50 cards ($4.97 in shipping) vs. buying (1) $50 card and (1) $150 card ($5.98 in shipping)? I know there is a hassle with having (4) Target cards but I could just use them to buy (1) $200 Target card...and earn MyPoints in the process, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter