Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I can buy them with my chase ink card and get 5x points at staples, so hopefully it'll work with my upromise card too. I just bought a little to test!

Alternatively, undercovertourist offers 2.5% ebates plus you get 3% back if you have an ebates card. If you have the mousesavers link, that brings the price down to $431.82.

I saw someone else mention she gets 12-14% discounted from disney. How is that? I see raise has target for 6.1% off, but not sure how it's totalling up.

this is how mine goes
I go on topcashback.com and get 2% for buying target gift cards at cardpool or 1% back on Raise.com. I only buy the target cards if they are at least 7% off.

I use my Paypal debit card which gives me 1%

I then go to Mypoints.com and click on Target. I get 0.07% back in points for buying the Target gift cards(not much but it's the only site I have been able to get anything back for buying the disney gift cards)

I get the 5% off by having my RedCard debit card set as the default.

I deposit my disney gift cards into my DVA when I get them as well, so I can earn the $20 back for every $1000 spent.

Last edited:
I saw someone else mention she gets 12-14% discounted from disney. How is that? I see raise has target for 6.1% off, but not sure how it's totalling up.
Use a 6% cash back at grocery stores card to purchase Target gift cards when they're running a 4x gas rewards special. Where I live, that gets you the 6%, plus the 5% Red card, plus $36 off gas for every $250 gift card purchase, which is over 20% savings.

I know I can buy them with my chase ink card and get 5x points at staples, so hopefully it'll work with my upromise card too. I just bought a little to test!

Alternatively, undercovertourist offers 2.5% ebates plus you get 3% back if you have an ebates card. If you have the mousesavers link, that brings the price down to $431.82.

I think you were referring to me. I buy the discounted Target gift cards at a minimum of 7% off and combine that with my 5% Target Red Card savings. I usually try to only buy Target gift cards at 8-10% off though. Also, I'll put the gift cards in a DVA and get an extra $20 gift card for my tickets purchased.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I don't count my credit card 1 or 2% back as savings when comparing to different ticket sellers since I'll be getting that from all of them.

I think you were referring to me. I buy the discounted Target gift cards at a minimum of 7% off and combine that with my 5% Target Red Card savings. I usually try to only buy Target gift cards at 8-10% off though. Also, I'll put the gift cards in a DVA and get an extra $20 gift card for my tickets purchased.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I don't count my credit card 1 or 2% back as savings when comparing to different ticket sellers since I'll be getting that from all of them.
What's a DVA?

Use a 6% cash back at grocery stores card to purchase Target gift cards when they're running a 4x gas rewards special. Where I live, that gets you the 6%, plus the 5% Red card, plus $36 off gas for every $250 gift card purchase, which is over 20% savings.
Yep. This is what I do. Buy target gift cards at kroger when they run 4x fuel points with my amex blue preferred and use those to buy disney gift cards which I dump in my DVA. Total savings is about 20%.

I have a question for those of you who have been buying from Raise and the other gift card sits for a while -- would I be likely to find Target gift cards at a higher discount after the holidays, like in early January? I'm thinking that a lot of people will be getting gift cards for Christmas that they might then want to sell, leading to a higher supply and a better discount for buyers like us. I don't need the Disney gift cards until March so I could wait. Thoughts?

OK, so I need some help from a veteran. I need to buy 10 airline tickets from Southwest. We will be going in Dec. so I need to do this soon. Is there a limit with the Red Debit card on how many GCs I can buy for Southwest? This is how Id like to do this....

Buy discount Target GCs.
Go to Target.com and buy Southwest GCs with the Target GCs
Then book my ten tickets with Southwest to get an additional 5% off because we are a group of 10.

Are their limits on these cards etc?

OK, so I need some help from a veteran. I need to buy 10 airline tickets from Southwest. We will be going in Dec. so I need to do this soon. Is there a limit with the Red Debit card on how many GCs I can buy for Southwest? This is how Id like to do this....

Buy discount Target GCs.
Go to Target.com and buy Southwest GCs with the Target GCs
Then book my ten tickets with Southwest to get an additional 5% off because we are a group of 10.

Are their limits on these cards etc?
From the Southwest FAQ for their GCs:
A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, international baggage fees, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases.

A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, international baggage fees, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases.

I don't think the poster is saying he's an actual organized group (like a school tour), but rather just a really large family *G* In that case, using the cards may work. It'd take a lot of juggling though.

I don't think the poster is saying he's an actual organized group (like a school tour), but rather just a really large family *G* In that case, using the cards may work. It'd take a lot of juggling though.
I guess that it was the "additional 5% off because we are a group of 10" that lead me to think that they were booking as a group in order to get a discount.

Exactly. We have 7 kids. My husband and I, plus an aunt is coming. So its 10 total. I was told they will help us buy them in a group since the site doesn't accommodate groups of 10. So I will call and ask. But that still begs me to ask the question, are there limits on the gift card for Target or the discount sites to buy the Target cards on?

Just called and SW said they don't apply it to the deposit but they do to your final balance. So that's good! Now onto is there a limit on these sites!

I swore I saw it somewhere that you can only use 3 SW giftcards to pay on a flight. I don't know if that is true anymore.

per SW website:
Redeeming your Southwest gift card
  • A Southwest gift card can only be used for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines, excluding Southwest Airlines group tickets.
  • A Southwest gift card may only be redeemed at southwest.com, by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA), and at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations.
  • A Southwest gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, EarlyBird Check-In, international baggage fees, additional Southwest gift cards, or inflight purchases.
  • Domestic oversized and excess baggage, sales tax, security fees, passenger facilities charges, pet fare, and unaccompanied minor service charge may be paid for with a Southwest gift card.
  • Each purchase is deducted from the balance of the card. If the ticket price is greater than the value of the Southwest gift card, the difference may be paid with a credit card, Southwest LUV voucher and/or available travel funds. In addition, cash, check, and paper gift certificates can be used for the remaining balance at airport locations only. If the ticket price is less than the value of the Southwest gift card, the balance will remain on the card until it is decreased to zero, at which time the card will be deactivated.
  • Up to four Southwest gift cards can be applied toward one reservation. Our payment system limits the total form of payments, so if the balance of the itinerary is more than the amount of all four gift cards, you will only be able to use three of your gift cards so that the balance can be paid with another form of payment that will cover the balance of the reservation (i.e. credit card). The following is our policy in regards to forms of payment: Southwest Airlines accepts up to two unused Ticketless Travel tickets per Passenger (always applied first) and up to four of the following in any combination: Southwest gift cards, Southwest LUV vouchers, Ticketless Travel funds (left over funds not previously used), and one credit card.

The gentleman who handles group reservations said we have to pay a deposit fee. We can use gift cards on our account after we pay for the initial reservation deposit on each seat. We can then pay with gift cards the remaining balance. I just called them. What I'm asking about is the sites like rise, etc for buying the Target cards. Is there a limit, or no limit to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter