Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI about using GC resellers. It's been mentioned on here before about buying a resold GC and then immediately combining it with a GC you control then making a payment to Disney, and that feels "safe", I assume because Disney accepted the payment. However, if you didn't see it on the other thread, someone just had their payment reversed by Disney -
https://www.disboards.com/threads/discounted-gift-card-web-sites.3755109/post-61292521
Also another poster had all the DGC in their Disney GC account frozen due to adding what turned out to be a fraudulent card -
https://www.disboards.com/threads/discounted-gift-card-web-sites.3755109/post-61244510
I'm not making any comments about where to buy or not buy discounted GCs. Everyone should make that decision for themselves. I'm just trying to help make it an informed decision. Nothing is safe, only the amount of risk you'll accept (and hassle you're willing to potentially go through).

I believe this has also been mentioned a few times before but I'll reiterate: While moving the money to a GC you control can mitigate the original seller from using the funds after selling it, it won't stop the issuer from clawing it back if the original is reported as stolen or fraud. Now you have a hassle to work out restitutions and repayments. Something to factor in while we chase deals this season.

It looks like Safeway/Albertsons is offering 10x rewards on gift cards. Valid 11/29 to 12/3. Excludes open loop (Visa/MC), Albertsons companies own gift cards, fuel company, telecom and general purpose reloadable debit cards. One offer per transactions. Gift card purchases must be made in a single transaction.

If you use a good grocery category cash back credit card like the 6% Amex BCP, it can add up to a good savings. The challenge I have is using the rewards before they expire. I plan to wait until 12/1 to buy so the rewards won't expire until 1/31. I get a better value redeeming rewards for groceries rather than fuel. With my small gas tank and short commute, I'm lucky to fill up 10 gallons twice a month, making each 1x reward worth 1%. Redeeming as grocery rewards gets me between 1% and 1.7% per 1x.
Thanks for posting this. My ad (Acme) said "on select gift cards" and Disney wasn't shown. It said to see page 2 for further details but page 2 had nothing about it.

Purchased Disney GCs at BJs store and was able to purchase 4-$25 Uber cards for $19.99 each! This was after I called to make sure the BJs had the GC in stock. I was told over the phone that the Disney cards were in stock but Uber GC were not available so it was a nice surprise to find the Uber cards there as well. In addition I received a $10 coupon directly from BJs good on a $150 purchase which I was also able to use. I did get the 6% discount on Disney and the 25% off Uber cards.
Excited to get the Uber cards since they have been unavailable online since first day of sale.

Just an FYI about using GC resellers. It's been mentioned on here before about buying a resold GC and then immediately combining it with a GC you control then making a payment to Disney, and that feels "safe", I assume because Disney accepted the payment. However, if you didn't see it on the other thread, someone just had their payment reversed by Disney -
https://www.disboards.com/threads/discounted-gift-card-web-sites.3755109/post-61292521
Also another poster had all the DGC in their Disney GC account frozen due to adding what turned out to be a fraudulent card -
https://www.disboards.com/threads/discounted-gift-card-web-sites.3755109/post-61244510
I'm not making any comments about where to buy or not buy discounted GCs. Everyone should make that decision for themselves. I'm just trying to help make it an informed decision. Nothing is safe, only the amount of risk you'll accept (and hassle you're willing to potentially go through).

I believe this has also been mentioned a few times before but I'll reiterate: While moving the money to a GC you control can mitigate the original seller from using the funds after selling it, it won't stop the issuer from clawing it back if the original is reported as stolen or fraud. Now you have a hassle to work out restitutions and repayments. Something to factor in while we chase deals this season.

I almost ordered some cards from that site and backed out when I found out they would only accept payment from debit cards in a "peer to peer" payment style, most of those processors wont protect you "sending money to family and friends."

Northeast peeps,

ShopRite is doing a two day sale 11/29-11/30. Buy $100 in gift cards (excludes ShopRite GCs), and get $20 next shopping trip (12/1-12/7). It's one offer per customer, but if you and your spouse have different accounts, and maybe a neighbor or friend isn't planning to buy GCs this weekend...

Anyway, just remember that if you use more than one account to do the deal a few times, the redemption must be done on different accounts, too.

It's been a while since I've seen a good 20% off deal.
Thanks for posting this!

In my area the deal is running from 11/8-11/28, so tomorrow is the last day for me. Also wanted to add that I was able to purchase (5) $100 gift cards, each as a separate transaction, and I was able to use the same Stop&Shop loyalty account for all 5 transactions.

Edit:
Just realized you were posting about Shop Rite. I purchased gift cards at Stop & Shop, but the deal was virtually identical.

Last edited:
For anyone around Pittsburgh Shop N Save is offering gift cards at 30 cents off a gallon for every $50 spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They did that maybe 5 years ago, but haven't seen it since. Much better than the double they (and Giant Eagle) usually offer this time of year.

If you max out with 30 gallons it works out to be an 18% discount. Plus the credit card I use will be 2% back at grocery stores, so this is an awesome deal.

my ad shows "1 offer per transaction" i don't see anything with a 10 card limit
i also go to customer service and purchase
i have bought way more then 10 cards, and only have one s&s loyalty card, so they are all being run thru same card

RE Stop and Shop offer. The $20 coupon on the receipt says "Limit 10 offers per household". that is where I was getting the 10 from. Have you cashed in more than 10 coupons?

Purchased Disney GCs at BJs store and was able to purchase 4-$25 Uber cards for $19.99 each! This was after I called to make sure the BJs had the GC in stock. I was told over the phone that the Disney cards were in stock but Uber GC were not available so it was a nice surprise to find the Uber cards there as well. In addition I received a $10 coupon directly from BJs good on a $150 purchase which I was also able to use. I did get the 6% discount on Disney and the 25% off Uber cards.
I just popped over to bj's and was able to use 2 take $5 off $50 coupons on a $100 Disney TV plus a 12pk of seltzer to get me over the $100 threshold.

My $25 BJs offers posted today on all 3 of my Chase cards! 🎉🎉🎉

Did BJs "split" the charges on your orders? I am worry about my credit not posting because BJs split up the charges (I ordered 3 GCs of different denominations) on mine. I am hoping that I will still get the credit as long as the three charges add up to exceed the minimum spend. I have order confirmation as proof that they were from a single order.

LAX

It looks like Safeway/Albertsons is offering 10x rewards on gift cards. Valid 11/29 to 12/3. Excludes open loop (Visa/MC), Albertsons companies own gift cards, fuel company, telecom and general purpose reloadable debit cards. One offer per transactions. Gift card purchases must be made in a single transaction.

If you use a good grocery category cash back credit card like the 6% Amex BCP, it can add up to a good savings. The challenge I have is using the rewards before they expire. I plan to wait until 12/1 to buy so the rewards won't expire until 1/31. I get a better value redeeming rewards for groceries rather than fuel. With my small gas tank and short commute, I'm lucky to fill up 10 gallons twice a month, making each 1x reward worth 1%. Redeeming as grocery rewards gets me between 1% and 1.7% per 1x.

Me too! :D I have about $550 of GCs to purchase for the holidays and my local Albertsons/Vons has them all in stock! :D Now I need to check to see what credit card provides a good cash back offer :D

Did BJs "split" the charges on your orders? I am worry about my credit not posting because BJs split up the charges (I ordered 3 GCs of different denominations) on mine. I am hoping that I will still get the credit as long as the three charges add up to exceed the minimum spend. I have order confirmation as proof that they were from a single order.

LAX

I ordered a 3-pack of $50 cards and a $25 card - total price about $164. It showed up on my Chase statement as a single charge and all shipped together.

I ordered a 3-pack of $50 cards and a $25 card - total price about $164. It showed up on my Chase statement as a single charge and all shipped together.

Thanks for your reply. I ordered one each of $100, $50, & $25. For some reason, BJs decided to split them all into 3 charges!?

LAX

Thanks for posting this!

In my area the deal is running from 11/8-11/28, so tomorrow is the last day for me. Also wanted to add that I was able to purchase (5) $100 gift cards, each as a separate transaction, and I was able to use the same Stop&Shop loyalty account for all 5 transactions.

Edit:
Just realized you were posting about Shop Rite. I purchased gift cards at Stop & Shop, but the deal was virtually identical.
The Stop & Shop fine print says max 10 transactions, but turns out that only means 10 at one time! We have done :oops: number of transactions, stocking up for DVC dues, upcoming Disney trip, teacher and other holiday gifts, and even cards for our planned shopping this month. It has been a really good promo for us!!!

We did Shop Rite last year and the coupon was $20 off $100 (vs. $20 off $20+ at Stop & Shop) and they were strict on 1x per loyalty card. Still a good promo, but not quite as good/

Thanks for your reply. I ordered one each of $100, $50, & $25. For some reason, BJs decided to split them all into 3 charges!?

LAX
I hope yours are all activated. One of mine was not. After a ton of calls to BJs they are emailing someone and hopefully in the next week the unactivated card will be activated. Terrible quality control because they mailed seven gift cards and sent five activation slips and six were activated.

I have mentioned this a number of times over the years on this site. Something similar to this happened to me about 7 years ago when I bought a virgin mobile refill card on ebay and added it to my phone account. It turned out it was bought with a stolen credit card and 2 months later virgin mobile cancelled my phone including the $80 I already had on my phone and I also lost my phone number.

Buying a gift card on a 3rd party site and combining it with another card is very risky. Even with the raise 1 year guarantee, they will only give you the money back for the card bought on raise, not any other money you lose if Disney shuts down your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter