Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not specifically Disney related but another round of 20% off when you use one MR point on Amazon is live! It's the big one like last summer. Unfortunately many people are getting not eligible messages (including me) but last year slowly more and more accounts were targeted so I'm going to keep checking over the next couple weeks at least for myself. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amaz...-point-50-maximum-discount-expires-july-16th/
What is an MR point?

Just bought three Disney eGift Cards from Target and got the emails with no issue. However, when I open the eCard, it says it's a Disneyland eTicket but can be used as a gift card. I'm trying to link them all to a physical card I have however there is no EAN. I can't even check the balance on the Disney gift card site without it. Anyone else have this issue?

I think this time of year is always dry - the main time of year for gift card deals are November - December. I think it is starting to feel more dry because many of the easier avenues we have used have been closed down in the last 2 years, including using gift cards at target, using gift cards at best buy, using swagbucks at best buy, and now happy cards may soon follow.

That being said, I would expect some new Amex offers in July, especially on business cards since the lowes and staples offers from the first half of the year are expiring.

I sure hope so b/c I maxed those offers out on multiple cards. Having an AP and a kid in the DCP, it has been a constant race to keep enough DGC on hand.

Regarding ShopDisney & Ebates

If you were to read some of the earlier posts regarding ShopDisney & Ebates you'll note most of us will state it's YMMV, including me.

I tried this on both desktop and mobile, as well as adding some additional items to my cart and unfortunately it's hidden in the fine print (which is unreliable in popping up to begin with) that gc's are excluded. I had hoped that maybe this would be the time that they'd forget that.
Does not include gift cards.

I'm happy to report my May 11th purchase just credited.

Again, it's YMMV my friends.

Last edited:
@acciobrain and @Twitterpaited I never stated the "SAVEMORE" coupon works on Disney gift cards. I only stated Ebates is at 10% CB.

Not sure why some have luck with it, maybe it's because they add X amount of merchandise to their order like I did. :confused3 There's simply not enough DP's.
Oh! Gotcha! I definitely misinterpreted and was just hungry for discounted Disney cards. :hippie:

Ugh! I tried to use a Happy Guy card at Home Depot and got invalid card error. A clerk saw me having trouble and came over. She tried the card and then notices that I'm purchasing gift cards with my other items and tells me I can't use a gift card to buy gift cards. Luckily I had another Happy Guy in my purse that I covertly pulled out to pay with when she walked away. But, now I have a $100 Happy Guy that won't scan. I called the card company and they suggested keying in the numbers at checkout. Does anyone know if you can key in cc numbers yourself at self-checkout?

Ugh! I tried to use a Happy Guy card at Home Depot and got invalid card error. A clerk saw me having trouble and came over. She tried the card and then notices that I'm purchasing gift cards with my other items and tells me I can't use a gift card to buy gift cards. Luckily I had another Happy Guy in my purse that I covertly pulled out to pay with when she walked away. But, now I have a $100 Happy Guy that won't scan. I called the card company and they suggested keying in the numbers at checkout. Does anyone know if you can key in cc numbers yourself at self-checkout?
Ouch. I don't know if it is possible. If I were in your shoes though I would call Happy Cards again and tell them you want a replacement card. You're out of luck anyway since any cashier is going to refuse to key that in for a gift card purchase so I don't think you have much to lose. If they try to tell you to have the cashier key in the card just tell them cashiers get very confused and it makes you very uncomfortable and you just want a card that works like it should so you would like a replacement card (or you know, however you want to get the message across you are not ok with a mag strip that doesn't work).

My BBB (Snellville, GA) turned me down for my last $50 Happy Lady. I’d had luck there last week, but this time they said “not allowed”.
You could try a different time of day so you get a different cashier and try to do the swipe fast and quickly slip the card back in your purse method.

You could try a different time of day so you get a different cashier and try to do the swipe fast and quickly slip the card back in your purse method.

I'm just going to try a different BBB! ;) I do know that at the register, the cashier needs to hit the "EFT" key which brings up 2 choices; one is to add the GC # manually; I think the other, the cashier just needs to key in the amount of the purchase.

If it doesn't work, oh well! I will use the GC at Panera, which is a frequent stop for me anyway! I'm just glad I didn't stock up on too many Happy Lady GC's!! ;)

Sad news, Nordstroms at Partridge Creek Mall and Lord & Taylor at Lakeside Mall are closing. I doubt I'll be buying anymore Happy Lady gc's. Typically Panera has their own offers and/or they can be bought at Kroger.

412068 :sad1: my favorite stores!

Discover's 3rd quarter bonus includes 5% back at Paypal. BJ's accepts Paypal so I think my strategy will be to get about 8-9% off cards using this method in July. I might do a quick $100 test run in July to make sure it posts before I load up on this method.
I am planning on using it on Priceline for our hotel :)

Kroger Shoppers - Available to load to your account
Participating brands include Disney Gift, Southwest, Delta, Carnival, Uber, Airbnb, Hyatt, Hotels.com plus Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Attractions and Automotive Specialty Shops. Fuel Gift Cards not included.

Not familiar with Green Dot. Anyone know what the fee is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter