Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right?!? I remember posting here how crazy I thought it was. Disney did put a hold on my gift card. I couldn't add or move money for a long time.
So, if you're going to get a refund on a gift card then prior to initiating the refund with Disney you should move all funds to another gift card?

So, if you're going to get a refund on a gift card then prior to initiating the refund with Disney you should move all funds to another gift card?

If this becomes an issue for many then yes, that's what I'd recommend. Am I the only one that this has happened to this year? :confused3
I made the first reservation on 11/28/18 and my TA made the second on 1/09/19 and we both used the same DGC. Same resort, same time frame and same gift card.

Here is a somewhat tangential gift card issue, but may be helpful for some.

Despite the $1,000 max value rule for Disney gift cards, in the past, I still would have no issues getting refunds applied to Disney gift cards, including cards that I had transferred additional funds to after making my initial room deposit with Disney. This would often result in balances well over $1,000 when the refunds credited. However, within the last year, I've discovered that Disney is enforcing the $1,000 cap and will no longer refund any funds (not even a partial refund to hit the cap) to gift cards if the resulting balance will be over $1,000. In addition, they also will not advise you that they are unable to refund the deposit to the gift card. In their words, it is incumbent on the guest to call Disney and either provide them with a different gift card to add the refund to or move funds off of the original gift card so that it can accept the refund. When elevated to Guest Services, they stated that they will not issue you a new gift card if the refund is kicked back to them because of hitting the $1,000 cap. They actually held my funds for over 3 months before I realized that the refund had not been credited to my gift card. I never received a call or even a notice that they were unable to process the refund. The Guest Services CM had no idea what would have happened if I did not catch the error and call to get it resolved only stating that it is their policy to refund to original form of payment and they would not issue a new gift card to refund the balance to the guest if there was an issue refunding to the original form. As a result, I keep each card I use for a room deposit separate and no longer transfer any funds to those cards until after my stay.

My refund is there so it only took 2 days! I had a $32 balance and it is now $632 (yes I had 3 rooms booked). But I also have to call my TA and have her cancel. That was also from the same GC but after reading some of your experiences I might move all of the 632 to a new card so the original is wide open for another refund.

I wish there was a way to track GC activity on disneygiftcard.com...is there?

I wish there was a way to track GC activity on disneygiftcard.com...is there?

Yes. There is a "Transaction History" section under the "Check Balance" feature when looking at a specific card, but it is somewhat fragmented in my opinion. It shows the date a transaction was made with the card and the resulting balance after the transaction, but does not show what the card was used for. It's sometimes helpful depending on what you're trying to determine.

Last edited:
Yes. There is a "History" tab when looking at a specific card, but it is somewhat fragmented in my opinion. It shows the date a transaction was made with the card and the resulting balance after the transaction, but does not show what the card was used for. It's sometimes helpful depending on what you're trying to determine.
I never knew such a thing existed!

I actually keep two separate Disney GC accounts. One for room deposits & payments, and another for regular spending like dining and merchandise. My regular spending account gets clogged up with the deposit GCs considering it can only max at $4,000 if I want to keep swapping cards in and out to combine. It works out well. I label them D1, D2, etc and then hold them in the deposit account at $0. If one has any money left, I delete it, add it to the other account, transfer the money onto a regular spending gift card, and link the deposit card back to my deposit account. It takes some time and patience, but I am so afraid of losing money. I also track my own GC funds in a Google Sheet to make sure it all aligns.

DH and I were watching a show "Taken." One of the good guys was trying to hide money for a victim so the bad guys couldn't track her down. He went through all the steps like multiple paypal accounts, moving it around on gift cards, etc. I laughed and told DH it sounded like what i do to get Disney gift cards. ;)

Here is a somewhat tangential gift card issue, but may be helpful for some.

Despite the $1,000 max value rule for Disney gift cards, in the past, I still would have no issues getting refunds applied to Disney gift cards, including cards that I had transferred additional funds to after making my initial room deposit with Disney. This would often result in balances well over $1,000 when the refunds credited. However, within the last year, I've discovered that Disney is enforcing the $1,000 cap and will no longer refund any funds (not even a partial refund to hit the cap) to gift cards if the resulting balance will be over $1,000. In addition, they also will not advise you that they are unable to refund the deposit to the gift card. In their words, it is incumbent on the guest to call Disney and either provide them with a different gift card to add the refund to or move funds off of the original gift card so that it can accept the refund. When elevated to Guest Services, they stated that they will not issue you a new gift card if the refund is kicked back to them because of hitting the $1,000 cap. They actually held my funds for over 3 months before I realized that the refund had not been credited to my gift card. I never received a call or even a notice that they were unable to process the refund. The Guest Services CM had no idea what would have happened if I did not catch the error and call to get it resolved only stating that it is their policy to refund to original form of payment and they would not issue a new gift card to refund the balance to the guest if there was an issue refunding to the original form. As a result, I keep each card I use for a room deposit separate and no longer transfer any funds to those cards until after my stay.
:scared: wow!

That is the offer. It says no gift cards, but many people have reported it working on them. The only thing is that if for some reason it doesn't track, you can't appeal it to RMN the way you would a merchandise transaction that didn't track. FWIW, I have had success getting RMN to work with online Staples gift card orders.
My RMN doesn't show staples under the cash back options anymore. :mad:

ETA: I missed they keyword online. Duh.

Can I use a Sam's club gift card to make a purchase at the warehouse if I am not a member? Can I purchase a Disney GC with it?

My RMN doesn't show staples under the cash back options anymore. :mad:

ETA: I missed they keyword online. Duh.

I think the last time Staples had an in-store cash back from RMN was September or October. The online offers are much more frequent. I'd love to get an in-store offer, though, because I hate that Staples charges $1.99 shipping for every gift card, regardless of value. Last time I ordered 3 gift cards, and got charged $6 for "secure shipping" even though they were in the same envelope and it didn't cost more to ship 3 than 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter