Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those using a Visa Gc to buy Disney GC, is anyone getting an ID check even at self checkout? I remember a while back that was going on so I haven't tried since then.
As of a month ago, I was still getting an ID check at self checkout at Kroger if buying gc over $50. If I kept it to $50 or less, I was fine. I haven't tested it lately because I haven't wanted the ID checks.

Thanks @havaneselover and @DIS_MERI

I definitely remember getting them trying to buy anything with a Visa GC, even at self checkout... I'm thinking I've bought a $100+ gift card since then at self checkout and not had an ID check if paying with my credit card. Maybe I'll try a Visa GC again tomorrow and see.

So after getting excited about being able to use Kroger fuel points at Shell stations (because our Kroger doesn't have gas), I searched and learned that it excludes stations in MO and LA...and of course I live in MO!

Oh no! No other options?

Those using a Visa Gc to buy Disney GC, is anyone getting an ID check even at self checkout? I remember a while back that was going on so I haven't tried since then.

As of a month ago, I was still getting an ID check at self checkout at Kroger if buying gc over $50. If I kept it to $50 or less, I was fine. I haven't tested it lately because I haven't wanted the ID checks.

I've not had this issue at self check out or any check out. Smooth process here in MI.

Perfect!
So if I buy $250 at 4X fuel points that will be 1000 fp which equals $1/gallon. Max being 35 gallons or $35.

I guess if you use a reward credit card like Disney that is another $2.50 back. You would be at 15% savings.

Thank you!

Yes exactly! I use my Citi DoubleCash usually so it's a 16% savings (2% back with the DoubleCash). I'm seriously considering picking up an Amex Blue Cash Preferred specifically for this purpose. It's 6% cash back at groceries stores, which would work out to a 20% savings.

LAST CHANCE* Sam’s Club membership deal: Pay $45, get $45 back!
Your LAST CHANCE to enter your email is tonight – February 28, 2019!
Direct Link: https://scanandgoforit.com/?utm_cam...rce=2927513&utm_content=237130655_435169066_0

DoC is also reporting: Amex Offers: Samsclub.com Spend $50 and get $10 Back YMMV
Some have reported they received ‘Spend $50, Get $10’ from Walmart in the replies section.
Link: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-samsclub-com-spend-50-and-get-10-back/

Does anyone know what Dosh is offering at Sam's?

It's been two days for me thus far each time, after 6 trips...I'm already exhausted, and I have 24 more to go if I want to max the Amex Offer on all 5 cards...:faint:
I'm digging deep into the past here... wondering if you did max out all of your BB offers like this and what kind of time period you did it in? :)

I'm digging deep into the past here... wondering if you did max out all of your BB offers like this and what kind of time period you did it in? :)

I did, and it took every ounce of effort despite BB being on the way home lol. It maybe added 5-15 min a day, but I went essentially every day for nearly a month given the SB restrictions. Since it was $50/day, and I had the offer across five cards. Wow, that made me tired just walking down memory lane!

Tagging @Lain because he inspired me after he mentioned his daily trips on the CC thread. In case you wanted more insight lol.

Last edited:
I did, and it took every ounce of effort despite BB being on the way home lol. It maybe added 5-15 min a day, but I went essentially every day for nearly a month given the SB restrictions. Since it was $100/day, and I had the offer across five cards. Wow, that made me tired just walking down memory lane!

Tagging @Lain because he inspired me after he mentioned his daily trips on the CC thread. In case you wanted more insight lol.
That's how our is, 5-15mins depending on if people are in line :) Going to try and rack up quite a few in the next few weeks before a cruise PIF date.

I did, and it took every ounce of effort despite BB being on the way home lol. It maybe added 5-15 min a day, but I went essentially every day for nearly a month given the SB restrictions. Since it was $100/day, and I had the offer across five cards. Wow, that made me tired just walking down memory lane!

OMG. My BBYs are totally out of the way, but I did it almost every day for two weeks until I maxed out -- I think I had them on 4 cards, so 3x$100 on each = 12 times? But I was on a bit of a time crunch because, iirc, I had a Disneyland trip coming up and Aulani a month later. I've gotten to know a few of the BBY associates, and when they see me they always ask if I have another Disney trip coming up. One of them even asked about Swagbucks (don't worry, I didn't give anything away).

OMG. My BBYs are totally out of the way, but I did it almost every day for two weeks until I maxed out -- I think I had them on 4 cards, so 3x$100 on each = 12 times? But I was on a bit of a time crunch because, iirc, I had a Disneyland trip coming up and Aulani a month later. I've gotten to know a few of the BBY associates, and when they see me they always ask if I have another Disney trip coming up. One of them even asked about Swagbucks (don't worry, I didn't give anything away).

This was back when the sweet spot on the SB deal was $50. So 6 trips per card :faint::faint:

Yes exactly! I use my Citi DoubleCash usually so it's a 16% savings (2% back with the DoubleCash). I'm seriously considering picking up an Amex Blue Cash Preferred specifically for this purpose. It's 6% cash back at groceries stores, which would work out to a 20% savings.

The Amex Blue cash Preferred is only 4.4% cash back. Here is the math:

If you spend $6,000 you get back .06 * 6000 = $360 - $95 annual fee = $265 . So 265/6000 = 4.4%

The break even point is at around $3200, so only get the Preferred if you are absolutely sure you will be spending more than $3200 on it per year at supermarkets.

If you spend the full $6,000 in a year, you will get $85 more than just having the free Amex Blue.

The Amex Blue cash Preferred is only 4.4% cash back. Here is the math:

If you spend $6,000 you get back .06 * 6000 = $360 - $95 annual fee = $265 . So 265/6000 = 4.4%

The break even point is at around $3200, so only get the Preferred if you are absolutely sure you will be spending more than $3200 on it per year at supermarkets.

If you spend the full $6,000 in a year, you will get $85 more than just having the free Amex Blue.
Do Walmart, Target and Sams count as supermarkets? Sams did not count on my Disney 2% back card.

LAST CHANCE* Sam’s Club membership deal: Pay $45, get $45 back!
Your LAST CHANCE to enter your email is tonight – February 28, 2019!
Direct Link: https://scanandgoforit.com/?utm_cam...rce=2927513&utm_content=237130655_435169066_0

DoC is also reporting: Amex Offers: Samsclub.com Spend $50 and get $10 Back YMMV
Some have reported they received ‘Spend $50, Get $10’ from Walmart in the replies section.
Link: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-samsclub-com-spend-50-and-get-10-back/

Does anyone know what Dosh is offering at Sam's?

Sam's extended it until March 7th. Dosh is still showing 2% up to $20 a day, and $20 for buying the Plus membership online (the $100 one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter