Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the $2.00 off $100.00 at HD with a Happy Guy card yesterday. Today there was a :( face saying "your purchase didn't quite meet all of the offer's requirements". Guess that's the last time I'll try to use a Happy Guy card at HD.
Dangit! Is RMN onto us even in store? :(

No need to link anything. Just pull up the offer on your phone and have them scan it
Thanks! I thought so and it worked....at least the receipt looks like I remember it looking when I've done this before.

Is $150 still the lowest Sam’s offers? I remember someone saying they saw $75.

They seem to have a deal with Pepsi and all Pepsi brands give you points. I buy a lot of Aquafina and Pepsi weekly so it’ll add up for me quickly.
My Sam's actually has $50 DGC and they are $47.98 so I always buy those as they are the best deal. At Christmastime there were 3 packs of $25 so $75. Today i bought 5 of the $50 cards and i cleaned them out.

I saw posts about a RMN $10 off $95 purchase at ShopDisney. I see $10 off $100+ and it states "excludes gift cards." Is this working for people?
My two RMN transactions went pending with an expected payout on 2/7 so we will see!

I used a Disney GC for my resort deposit, card had $1,000 now I can't even add money to the card, it's like frozen!
The gift card isnt able to be used until the deposit goes through. The same thing happened to me before. I used s disney gc to make a purchase at shop disney. The card was frozen until the order shipped.

I know I’m not the person you quoted, but I keep all the cards. I write in the outside “Payment 1 $500 1/25/19” or whatever dollar amount and date. Then on the ones I combine I write “Transfer to Payment 1 1/25/19 $0”

Then the transferred ones go in a ziplock, and the payments go in a ziplock, and they go in a box I have next to the computer.

Then once I’m actually at Disney, I take one or two with me so if the physical card gets lost I can transfer the balance to another one.

How long has it taken for Sam’s $45 credit to load onto your Sam’s account? The Sam’s worker was very flustered and couldn’t seem to answer that question.. the only thing she knew was it wouldn’t load immediately. Will there be a way to know if it’s loaded. My nearest location isn’t exactly on my regular route, so I’d be making a special trip. Just didn’t want to waste a trip.
Speaking of making a special trip...Dosh is available every 24hrs? It took so long signing up yesterday that I didn’t check out until 5:45 last evening.. today they close at 6pm. I’d have to ring out after 5:45, right?

I saw it after 15 minutes or so, but they cover their butt by saying up to 72 hours in the offer terms. You can check by making an online order over $45 eligible items and see if the instant savings shows up in the cart. Any item that's listed as an "instant savings" banner isn't eligible. I picked a case of soup and just put enough qty in the cart to push me over the limit.

My two RMN transactions went pending with an expected payout on 2/7 so we will see!
Nice! Thank you. I am going to try it.

I always buy a Disney gift card online with a cute design before each trip. I hate the grocery store ones where you have to scratch or peel the back. They are always sticky and the design is boring in comparison. I usually only load the minimum $25, but I'll try $100 if it will save me $10!! Worst that happens is I have a new gift card that I want.

The gift card isnt able to be used until the deposit goes through. The same thing happened to me before. I used s disney gc to make a purchase at shop disney. The card was frozen until the order shipped.

This is good news. I'll just load up the others I have tucked away!

Like a few others here, I do make a spreadsheet of my gift cards. I keep all my transfered gc in a plastic baggie by my computer area and bring a few extra blanks on our trips. On my spreadsheet i include the card #, PIN, its value, what it cost me, % off, what card I transfered it to, what deposits I've paid on what card, and finally notes on what sort of entitlement I should expect from it (like 8% Dosh credit, RMN $5 off, etc). I try to keep a formula on the % off column so at any given day I can see what my average % off is. It makes me feel better knowing that I am saving even more than the discounted rooms are showing (by paying with my discounted dgc) and is also helping me decide on a future trip whether or not I should purchase my kids' WDW tickets through UT or directly from disney. I would have to have a higher average discounted rate on my disney gift cards to rationalize buying them through disney because UT prices already include tax (something I did not realize at first)!

Like a few others here, I do make a spreadsheet of my gift cards. I keep all my transfered gc in a plastic baggie by my computer area and bring a few extra blanks on our trips. On my spreadsheet i include the card #, PIN, its value, what it cost me, % off, what card I transfered it to, what deposits I've paid on what card, and finally notes on what sort of entitlement I should expect from it (like 8% Dosh credit, RMN $5 off, etc). I try to keep a formula on the % off column so at any given day I can see what my average % off is. It makes me feel better knowing that I am saving even more than the discounted rooms are showing (by paying with my discounted dgc) and is also helping me decide on a future trip whether or not I should purchase my kids' WDW tickets through UT or directly from disney. I would have to have a higher average discounted rate on my disney gift cards to rationalize buying them through disney because UT prices already include tax (something I did not realize at first)!

Ohhh I like the idea of calculating the discounts so it’s an easier overall snapshot.

I’ll have to do this with my current trip, since I’m not too far into paying for it!

Wells Fargo is offering 40% ($25 cashback) at CVS. Of course Dosh doesn’t have CVS anymore and RMN doesn’t have an offer.

I’m so tired now and can’t concentrate on my math. Trying to see if it’s worth getting a Visa or just buy a variable load Disney gift card outright. Leaning toward just buying the gift card.

Wells Fargo is offering 40% ($25 cashback) at CVS. Of course Dosh doesn’t have CVS anymore and RMN doesn’t have an offer.

I’m so tired now and can’t concentrate on my math. Trying to see if it’s worth getting a Visa or just buy a variable load Disney gift card outright. Leaning toward just buying the gift card.

Yay! I see they also have PF Chang's. I'm visiting my mom and have PF Chang's nearby but left my WF card at home:( Will be visiting CVS this weekend for a $50 disney card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter