Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning- rant coming up

So, I just got the Chase Ink Preferred and to meet my minimum spend, I was going to buy the $150 Disney Gift Cards from Sam's to pay for our cruise coming up. Just got the card in the mail, checked Sams last Friday, gift cards in stock online. Go today to buy them and low and behold, gift cards out of stock.

Anybody know how long Sam's generally takes to stock back up? I have never seen them run out of stock.

I searched for this, but didn't see mention of it. You can now buy digital Disney Gift Cards from Target. It's not a huge savings, but I can't tell you how many times I was at WDW and ran out of gift cards. I once even ran over to the Target for more. Driving to the Target on vacation is not worth $5 per $100 to me, but ordering online and combining them with an existing card in my possession is :).

Warning- rant coming up

So, I just got the Chase Ink Preferred and to meet my minimum spend, I was going to buy the $150 Disney Gift Cards from Sam's to pay for our cruise coming up. Just got the card in the mail, checked Sams last Friday, gift cards in stock online. Go today to buy them and low and behold, gift cards out of stock.

Anybody know how long Sam's generally takes to stock back up? I have never seen them run out of stock.

Yep - I went to buy some today as well. It happens almost quarterly. I'd say anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks. No definite time frame.

I searched for this, but didn't see mention of it. You can now buy digital Disney Gift Cards from Target. It's not a huge savings, but I can't tell you how many times I was at WDW and ran out of gift cards. I once even ran over to the Target for more. Driving to the Target on vacation is not worth $5 per $100 to me, but ordering online and combining them with an existing card in my possession is :).

They've been online for quite a while now. I'd say about a year. Very convenient even though they aren't the cheapest route but hey, 5% is better than the 1 or 2% you'd get with your credit card!

Warning- rant coming up

You can buy them online with free shipping is that an option for you?

I feel like someone mentioned this only this week or last, but if buying Disney GC from Sam's online, has anyone gotten cash back from one of the portals? I searched back some and can't seem to find where I thought I read it. I finally have enough WM GC from SB and Shopkick to cash out for $150 Disney!!

I've tried several, I have only gotten credit from Retailmenot. This is new and sure to end at some point, but so far so good.

Warning- rant coming up

Well that stinks. I've never seen them go out of stock online, not that I'm buying them daily/weekly enough for that to be an issue. I did just buy a pack last week, I've gotten the shipping notice already so I suppose they're on the way. Fingers crossed they pop back up soon.

I have been buying Disney Egift cards for about 2 years now. It's usually my last resort though since i only get $5 off but they come with in 4 hours usually 2 and i can just add them to my online gift cards.

I am sure to run out while at Disney and my paycheck will be automatically deposited while we're in Orlando :) The thought of paying for anything at Disney with my regular cc or debit card just gets my goat! Happy to have this option to save at least 5%!

I went to BB today to use my 11% rewards coupon and, boy, what a debacle! I went to a cashier who was obviously brand new.

First, I read him my rewards number right off of my card and he told me that there is no account in their system with that number:confused:. He read it back to me and tried to tell me that *I* must have an "old" account. Um...no, I am an ElitePlus member...have been for over 5 years....but we moved on and I gave him my phone number instead. Poof! There I am!

Then, he tries to scan my gift card (after I asked him to scan the QR code first....) but the scanner doesn't work:headache:...but he keeps trying anyways:sad2:.

So then he asks the other cashier for advice on what to do and she tells him to move to the other register so I trek around the counter to the other register and we start over. This time, he can't get the QR code to scan. I pulled up a new one on my phone (I had been using a printed one) and that didn't work either. So he called the other cashier over again. SHE couldn't get the scanner to read it either....so now we move everything over to HER register.

At this point, I am just laughing at the absurdity of the situation:laughing:...3 cash registers, 2 cashiers and 15 minutes later, I finally walked out with my gift card:rotfl2:.

Last edited:
But, at least I wouldn't lose it all....
Yes, you could lose it all. If the eBay buyer is out to scam you they'll drain the card, accuse you of selling a $0 value card and initiate a chargeback. Maybe ebay sides with you- maybe they don't. If ebay doesn't you will be out every last penny. "But it was drained after the seller received it." You could have written the card numbers down. "But I never scratched off the back!" You could have scratched off the back and replaced it with a new silver backing (the silver scratchers are easily bought on the internet). Also you need to scratch off the back in order to verify Target activated the card properly, there have been a couple (very rare) instances where the cards were not activated properly and people had to contact Target- don't be that person in that article who took the whole fam to Disneyland and found out NONE of their Target bought Disney gift cards were activated. True story.

What is this 10% back in rewards thing? I've been out of the loop too long!

Is it related to this? Where do you get a 11% rewards coupon for BB?

I have the BB Visa and they sent me a coupon for 11% back in rewards on a single purchase at BB in the month of September. I got one back in July(?) too I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter