Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have about 400k of Verizon points but I have yet to figure out a way to turn them into Disney GC's. Please share if you figure something out!!

We have a ton of Verizon points available also! Looking through the GC options, I saw that there are Yak & Yeti, T-Rex Cafe and RainForest Cafe GCs available under dining. Redeem 500 points and pay $45.00 for a $50.00 GC, so a 10% savings. They can also be redeemed at any restaurants under the Landry's umbrella.

We have a ton of Verizon points available also! Looking through the GC options, I saw that there are Yak & Yeti, T-Rex Cafe and RainForest Cafe GCs available under dining. Redeem 500 points and pay $45.00 for a $50.00 GC, so a 10% savings. They can also be redeemed at any restaurants under the Landry's umbrella.

I have seen those before. We just don't tend to eat at those places when at WDW but maybe we will have to plan on that next time. I just wish there was Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc...anywhere we could actually turn those points into Disney $$ :)

I have seen those before. We just don't tend to eat at those places when at WDW but maybe we will have to plan on that next time. I just wish there was Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc...anywhere we could actually turn those points into Disney $$ :)

The thing about it though is that you can get Landry's/Rainforest Gift Cards at 12% off or higher on a reseller so the Verizon points isn't such a great deal. And Sam's Club has a $100 gift card+$20 Bonus for $99.98.

The thing about it though is that you can get Landry's/Rainforest Gift Cards at 12% off or higher on a reseller so the Verizon points isn't such a great deal. And Sam's Club has a $100 gift card+$20 Bonus for $99.98.
Another way to get Landry's cards discounted is at Christmas time, they will give you a $10 promotional gift card for every $50 gift card you buy. At least they did last year. And while the regular gift cards have no expiration date, the promotional ones expire on May 31, and cant be used for Valentines or Mothers Days.

We have about 400k of Verizon points but I have yet to figure out a way to turn them into Disney GC's. Please share if you figure something out!!

Under the MY Rewards section of My Verizon, see if you have the option to trade your points for a Visa gift card. Since you didn't pay for these points, the gift card is basically free. You can then take your Verizon Prepaid Visa card and use it at any store that sells Disney Gift Cards. This could be a way you could use your points to your advantage. Just a thought!
:tink:

Under the MY Rewards section of My Verizon, see if you have the option to trade your points for a Visa gift card. Since you didn't pay for these points, the gift card is basically free. You can then take your Verizon Prepaid Visa card and use it at any store that sells Disney Gift Cards. This could be a way you could use your points to your advantage. Just a thought!

I don't see that option anywhere on mine.

Ah that would be amazing! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to check that out right now. I really want to make these points work somehow! :)

Unfortunately not :/ Darn...

I couldn't find "My Rewards", but I did find "My Referral Rewards", which looks like it has a visa gift card option. Is this what you were referring to?

Let me see if I can give you better directions...later today or tomorrow.
I think we may be talking about different things. The Verizon fios service has my rewards that you can redeem for gift cards and prepaid visa cards.

Verizon wireless my smart rewards is different I think. There are no options to just redeem for visa gift cards. There are "auctions" for gift cards which are ridiculous and then redeem points for money off of gift cards. Sometimes there's a daily deal for a $5 or $10 gift card but that's it.

I think we may be talking about different things. The Verizon fios service has my rewards that you can redeem for gift cards and prepaid visa cards.

Verizon wireless my smart rewards is different I think. There are no options to just redeem for visa gift cards. There are "auctions" for gift cards which are ridiculous and then redeem points for money off of gift cards. Sometimes there's a daily deal for a $5 or $10 gift card but that's it.
That makes sense! Yes, I have Verizon Wireless and it is "Smart Rewards" which I haven't found a great use for yet.

I believe you are right. I'm talking about Verizon Fios rewards not Verizon Wireless rewards. Sorry for any confusion!

Some changes I'm noticing in couple of the apps I've been using to get gift cards...

Shopkick doesn't appear to be giving kicks for grocery purchases anymore, unless it's an item they want you to scan and buy. Then you have to load the receipt, and you only get kicks for that one item. This has cut my kicks by a considerable amount.

Also, MileUp appears to be going to more of a sweepstakes format. They aren't paying points per mile to exchange for gift cards anymore. Your points go towards entering the sweepstakes.

:sad:

Just a little OT...We are heading to HHI and I want to get our groceries for the week at Walmart/Sam's Club. If I redeem my Swagbucks for a WalMart/Sam's Club eGift Card, will I be able to print it out and use it in the store?

Thanks!

Sorry to be a bother...but I have a few more questions...

I also have enough points on Shopkick to redeem for another $20 in WalMart eGift Cards and I have $10.70 in my Savings Catcher account. If I want to use that $30 in the store, how do I go about doing it? I don't want to redeem my Shopkicks for Wal-Mart if I will have a problem using them in the store. I think the easiest thing for me to do would be to try and get all of the "cards" combined into one physical card before we go. Is that even possible? I'm not a frequent Wal-Mart shopper, but we do go to Sam's Club about once a week...and I think I live at Target:crazy:.

Raise.com is offering New Raise Customers: $10 Off $20+ on Target Gift Cards when you apply promo code NEWTARGET10 at checkout.

Note, you may have to add several lower value gift cards to the cart to reach $20+ in order to apply the $10 off code.

From SD

Has anyone tried the raise promo for $10 off $20? I just tried and it says the code is expired.

**ETA this promo ended yesterday

Last edited:
Just a note on the Undercover Tourist Amex 30 off 150 offer, this will save you 8 - 14% off (depending on what type of ticket you are getting). This is good for someone who will be going in the near future, still needs to buy tickets, and doesn't have Disney gift cards purchased at a higher present off. However, if you are buying tickets for use somewhere in the future, I would suggest skipping this deal. Disney tickets usually increase in price in February but are only valid until the end of the 2nd year after purchase. Tickets bought now are only good until December 31, 2018. It would make sense to wait to buy tickets until January 1 and that way your tickets would be good until December 31, 2019 and still have the current price.

Really?! I bought adult park tickets from Undercover Tourist and I was told they don't expire. That they only expire 14 days after first use. If what you're saying is true I'm gonna be :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter