Disney Genie announcement

$15 for all day fine it doesn’t seems like it’s per attraction

Looks like there's that too? I'm not sure how it works.

• Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.

I'm certain the devil will be in the details. $15 a day sounds like it lets you choose a single ride (probably among a tiered selection) at a time. Individual Attractions is where the "whales" come in. I'm going in a month. Not certain if I want this to start before or after I go.

It says for $15 per ticket at DW and $20 a day at DL guests can use the new lightening lane at select attractions….if it’s $15 for all day fine it doesn’t seems like it’s per attraction like in Disneyland Paris
  • Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.
E-Tickets will be extra, and likely will be priced individually.

Yes…I guess i didn’t read far enough…UGH!!!

I wonder how much E ticket individual rides will be…I bet they will tier it depending on the crowd predicted for the day like tickets are.

I'm sure details will be vetted very soon, but it almost sounds like 3 tiers. Genie (like MDE right now), Genie+ (similar to Maxpass, paying a fee for access to most, but not all attractions), and Lightning (an additional fee for up to 2 "E-Ticket" attractions per day). I'll monitor how I might have gotten that all wrong!! Interesting how they are coordinating DL and WDW, though. That's not usual.

Interesting.... MaxPass was a pretty great system, so I'm excited that they're building off of that platform. What I'm interested in is the Tier 1/e-ticket individual purchases.

For our family, we ride minimal e-ticket attractions so I'm probably ok with the cost.

Really excited about the DAS digital upgrade. It was a hassle to walk all the way to an attraction, get a return time for 45 min to an hour, then have to circle back

Ya there is Lighting Lane, which appears to be included free for one attraction at a time most likely same day, then paid the paid two options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!