Disney Fantasy-5 Night Castaway Cay Double Dip - Nov 06, 2021

Holly molly, 5? You got us beat. We have 4 boys, on this cruise they will be (16,15,11 and 9). I feel your having to buy 2 rooms pain. Also, congrats on your first post, hopefully your first of many.

Yes...having 3 at once sky rocketed our numbers quickly. 🤣

And, thank you. I’ve been lurking on DisBoards awhile since we’re in the middle of a DVC purchase, but I’m glad to officially be here now.

Hello everyone! Like many others, we were supposed to be on this years double dip but opted for next year instead. It will be me, my twin sister and our mom. My twin and I have done 1 cruise before but it will be a first for our mom!

We *might* have family join us, probably not but they were talking about it after we paid our deposit with the TA (first time using a TA too)

I just booked us today! I talked myself out of booking opening day and cost myself an extra $400 for waiting:mad:
We were originally booked this Nov. but cancelled.
I have no idea if this will actually happen for us since DD will be a senior and miss a week of school.
However after being missed diagnosed with having stage 2 liver cancer and having 1/2 my liver removed plus working in a hospital during Covid Im not sure I really care if she misses a week.
We will see how this year goes.
If we sail we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary onboard which would be awesome!
I am not going to get too excited though. I watched every Merrytime cruise YouTube video to prepare for this Nov. so I am just going to save and not even think of this cruise until next year.

We never let school get in the way of our kid's education. Ours will miss a week of school for this cruise as well.
I always said as soon as our oldest starts high school, we will no longer pull them out of school. Well here I am, booking a Nov 2021 cruise where my kids will miss 4 days of school (Nov 11th is a holiday for us and the schools will close on Nov 12th to make it a long weekend as well)....my oldest will be in grade 8 (which is the first year of high school here).....meh...it's only 4 days. In grade 8. No like she's going to miss grade 12th AP math or something :rotfl2:

Well here I am, booking a Nov 2021 cruise where my kids will miss 4 days of school

Yes, I like the fact that our school district allows up to 5 days a school year as excused absence for family vacation. If it wasn't for that policy, I do not think we would do it. If we said they were sick for a week, then they'd prolly want to see a doctor clearance for them to return to class if it was so severe they missed 5 days. Plus the kids would prolly go back to school and blab that they were not sick but on a cruise. So, luckily we don't have to pull the sick card and can honestly say they are on vacation. The only catch is it has to be consecutive days. You cannot take one vacation day this week and then another next month. Has to be used in one sitting.

We never let school get in the way of our kid's education. Ours will miss a week of school for this cruise as well.

I LOVE this! What a great reminder that there is so much education that happens outside of a classroom. I paused to reflect on past cruises and was wowed at how much our kids learned from table manners to visiting a sea turtle sanctuary.

Hello everyone! So excited to be doing 2 of our bucket list items in one cruise: a double dip AND a Very Merrytime cruise.

How is everyone feeling about the likelihood that things will go forward?

Hello everyone! So excited to be doing 2 of our bucket list items in one cruise: a double dip AND a Very Merrytime cruise.

How is everyone feeling about the likelihood that things will go forward?

Same two items on our bucket list too...

Icing on the cake would be sitting at the Serenity Beach Bar (2X) enjoying the music of Tom Sartori or Soul Duo (Paul and Sonia)

We are booked, very excited, and hopeful that with this cruise being 10 months out and the vaccine slowly being distributed; we will be at Port Canaveral on November 6th.

Same two items on our bucket list too...

Icing on the cake would be sitting at the Serenity Beach Bar (2X) enjoying the music of Tom Sartori or Soul Duo (Paul and Sonia)

We are booked, very excited, and hopeful that with this cruise being 10 months out and the vaccine slowly being distributed; we will be at Port Canaveral on November 6th.

Our governor made a statement about speeding things up today... teachers should be in our next group, which means maybe schools will start to go back to in person. I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too much because my husband and I will be in one of the last groups to be vaccinated (we can and have been working from home, we are middle aged, no comorbidities besides asthma, we are not care providers, etc).

We just booked this cruise. We've done the double dip before and really liked it. It will be me, my husband and my 17 year old daughter. She would love to make some friends before the cruise to meet up with at Vibe.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Like many others, we were supposed to be on this years double dip but opted for next year instead. It will be me, my twin sister and our mom. My twin and I have done 1 cruise before but it will be a first for our mom!

We *might* have family join us, probably not but they were talking about it after we paid our deposit with the TA (first time using a TA too)

We sadly canceled and switched to a Walt Disney World vacation instead so we could bring our doggo, he's getting ready to turn 1 and we aren't ready to leave him behind yet. We are looking at booking something on the Wish next year.

Hi! My husband and I will be on this cruise! We are traveling with another couple. This is our 10th cruise, been on all four and our second double CC. Today, we were lucky enough to book the DVC cruise!

Hello,

We also switched from last years canceled double dip to this one. We've never done a double dip before and are very excited bc we love CC. We have done a Merrytime before on the Dream but looking fwd to experiencing it on the Fantasy.

Planning to fly in the day before and stay at the Poly that night.

Questions for the concierge, platinum, and gold cruisers. Are the cabanas on the adult beach gone? Which tasting classes are gone? Is parasailing still available? Thanks in advance.

Questions for the concierge, platinum, and gold cruisers. Are the cabanas on the adult beach gone? Which tasting classes are gone? Is parasailing still available? Thanks in advance.
ALL Cabanas on Castaway were gone within 2 minutes of opening of Platinum booking. Parasailing is available on both days at Castaway Cay

We are still going. Most of the “chatter” has been on that other site. Some have been dropping out but many are still sailing. September 22 is the last day to cancel without penalty. I’m sure those on the fence will cancel then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter