disney employee discount?

Austinsmom068

Mouseketeer
I was wondering about applying to a local Disney outlet store. I'm wondering if they give Disney hotel and ticket discounts for PT employment. I do have a full time LPN job now but heard a rumor about Disney employees getting a 50% discount on hotel stays and free park tickets. Plus I could always use the extra cash for the holidays.

I was wondering about applying to a local Disney outlet store. I'm wondering if they give Disney hotel and ticket discounts for PT employment. I do have a full time LPN job now but heard a rumor about Disney employees getting a 50% discount on hotel stays and free park tickets. Plus I could always use the extra cash for the holidays.

really....

:banana::banana::banana:

I wouldn't get that job thinking you're getting free tickets and the 50% CM discount or you'll be sorely disappointed ;)

I worked for the Disney Store years back.

My thoughts and experience from 15 years ago.

1. It is a tough/strict company to work for...and I was in the militiary!
2. The first year discount was 20%, then after 3 years it went to $35.
3. You get one free ticket for your birthday and for Christmas each year. That is good for any park, for one day.
4. You must work 1 day of every weekend. No every other weekend off.
5. They have on-call hours. Which means, you would have to call 2 hours before your shift to see if they need you to work.
6. It is a very hard company to get your foot in the door. I knew the assistant manager and that was my way in for an interview, but I earned the job myself.

I did love it and I miss it, but my full time job was interrering with the the part time job. I had to quit.

Things might have changed.

ETA---The discount I mentioned was in the stores. I have no idea what discounts you would get at the resorts.

If you are in New York, check the Disney Job board and not just for the Disney Store positions. There are P/T jobs all over the company that could have certain perks.

I know someone who works at a Disney Outlet store PT. Yes, they do get the hotel disounts and a certain amount of tickets every year. Cruise discounts, etc.

I'm not sure about part-time employees (that would seem very generous), but my cousin works for the Disney Corporation in NYC (not the stores) and he gets a 50-ish% discount for the resorts, and he and up to 4 people who are with him get into the parks for free. He also gets a certain amount of discounted tickets each year.

The nice thing about his resort discount is that he does not even have to be part of the travelling party - so he can book discounted stays for friends and family. As an example, we are staying for 2 nights at Pop Century this June for $175. Pretty awesome deal!

Outlet stores that are not run by the parks will have the same employee perks as the store. We get discounts off rooms (in busy season only Deluxe is available if that an it is not always 50% I've seen as low as 20 or 30). Also if you have a very limited schedule they are less likely to hire you. You do not get a main gate unless you are management and can not get yourself if for free. After one year you will start getting 2 white tickets twice a year. White tickets have no black out dates but can only be held for so long I believe.

The only way to get the best perks with littlest effort is be seasonal at the parks. Seasonal at the parks is hard to get and is typically only given to people already in the company who wish to not leave but only work during busy seasons. If you get seasonal at the Disney stores you get your store discount and that is about it. You can't take time off during November and December so there would be no way to use your discount for the parks.

Also ABC, Marvel, and a few other corporate offices have different discounts and perks. I know all executives get main gates as well as some better positions at ABC and Marvel but I don't imagine a part time PA would get those perks.

The discounts are more or less what has been listed here. They are GENEROUS. Disney outlets are Disneystores. Very few are not staffed with CMs, I think only the ones that open up in temp locations, and the one out west in Las Vegas, that is sort of like a DL outlet, not a TDS outlet.

TDS cast do not get exactly what park CMs, or corporate employed CMs get, however TDS management gets better than staff CMs. I cannot be more specific.

You cannot take off in November and December.

The call in shifts are tough, you have no idea until 2 hours before that you need to work. With child care, this is challenging. I have a special needs adult son, and I am in that same boat as CMs with young kids.

If you love Disney, it is a great place to work. Guests who love Disney and travel often to Disney usually make great CMs. It is not as strict as it used to be (I have been there a long time)/

All applications are now taken online. Come join us! :yay::yay:

If you get your RN, you can work contracts on the Cruise Ships, or at Castaway Cay!

d3boyz (not an RN, but a medic ...)

The call in shifts are tough, you have no idea until 2 hours before that you need to work. With child care, this is challenging. I have a special needs adult son, and I am in that same boat as CMs with young kids.

I just got a job at Carter's since my store (KOP) closed. They do a one hour call in. If I have a call in shift for 10 am at opening I can't call till about 9:15 to make sure the manager is in to answer the phone. Good thing it only takes me 6 minutes to get there! :crazy2:

No this is not true. With the Disney outlet stores- you do not get the same discounts as cm in the parks (so I'm told).

And as a former college program cm - the 40% discount on merch and 50% hotel discount is only during Christmas time.
During the regular season it's 25% and I'm not sure about the hotel I think it may be 30%...

No this is not true. With the Disney outlet stores- you do not get the same discounts as cm in the parks (so I'm told).

And as a former college program cm - the 40% discount on merch and 50% hotel discount is only during Christmas time.
During the regular season it's 25% and I'm not sure about the hotel I think it may be 30%...

Some of us who replied are DS CMs we still get hotel discounts and merchandise discounts as well. The hotel discounts range. Right now all CMs are eligible for up to 60% off rooms but that is based upon availability.

Of course doing this job for the company benefits is tough. All sales associate CMs are P/T, you do not qualify for full coverage health, and although you are P/T you could work up to 40 hours a week. I'm only P/T by record but work over 32 hours most weeks.

As other store CMs have said there are call in shifts. I know our store adjusted it to 3 hour call ins. That is very hard if you have kids. Also on top of call ins there is no guarantee that you will be register, floor, or back room each day. You must be able to do all positions to be a good candidate especially at a mall store where maybe only 2 CMs are on staff at a time.

Correct, park CMs and TDS CMs do not get the same discounts. Some are the same, some are not.

And the hotel discounts vary depending on the season, and also DL discounts are much different than WDW.

But the main attraction is being part of the Magic year round...... not the discounts.

My BIL works at out local outlet Disney Store and does so strictly for the benefits. He get 30% off merchandise at all times. He is stocks so he gets to see and purchase what he wants as soon as it comes in. DS6 has a LOT of Disney clothes!

Accommodation rates do vary but he has only gone when they are 50% and has gone all seasons.He leaves for California for Disney Land, and then on to Disney Hawaii in 6 weeks. Both at 50% rooms. Food is a smaller discount.Earning Ticket keeps changing but he gets those for members of his family too. Rooms he gets up to three as long as he is in one of them every night of the stay.

He works one night a week,and is on call one night,,,,,but they someones ASK him to work more and he can yes, or no it. He is a Wal-mart manager and LOVES his part time job and so does his SIL:yay:

He works one night a week,and is on call one night,,,,,but they someones ASK him to work more and he can yes, or no it. He is a Wal-mart manager and LOVES his part time job and so does his SIL:yay:

This situation is highly unusual. Shipment CMs are only a couple per store, most have been there awhile. OUR shipment arrives at 5 am, twice a week. So shipment CMs in my store, have to be there by 5 am, and work until 10 or so. (This is a difficult shift for anyone with kids, or with anyone with another job.)

MOST CMs have to provide 4 days a week, and Sat and Sunday are 2 of those days. Sometimes they want one of those weekend days to be all day. The rules change from time to time, they make it stricter, then relax it again. I have seen different districts have different requirements.

It seems (to me, it is not official) like they sometimes make exceptions for longer employed CMs, or CMs with special skills (like fast efficient shipment processors!!). I am pointing this out, because IF you are trying to get hired as a new CM, it would be just about impossible to get that 1 night a week shipment, 1 call in situation. In my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter